Metabolism

Moved

Total Downloads: 2,348 - First Release: Oct 24, 2014 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.875/5, 16 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Actually, what is the issue? I was confusing this with another plugin that actually has an issue.

2. I try you last version posted here: http://oxidemod.org/attachments/metabolismcontrol-lua.6776/

Basiclly you get 1000 hunger / 1000 water and 100 health

With plugins installed i see no change in status bar, look like 1000 was agains maximum, but if i try to eat i can go to 1500 (but progress bar still block to max at 1000)

For health that make no change, i try 150,200,500 never can go more than 100hp ingame

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can't really change the UI above what the client thinks is max as far as I know, but the plugin should be working fine.

4. What are the ranges? Does the below look right?

{
    "Settings": {
    "Calories": {
    "LossRate": .99,
    "MaxValue": 1000,
    "SpawnValue": "default"
    },

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

They should be able to be any positive number you want really.

Default rates:
    -- healthgain = 0.03
    -- caloriesloss = 0 - 0.05
    -- hydrationloss = 0 - 0.025

6. I keep trying but I do not see hardly any change rate between food and water. I left the water default for now and I just put this in now.

{
    "Settings": {
    "Calories": {
    "LossRate": 25,
    "MaxValue": 1000,
    "SpawnValue": "default"
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434070210][/DOUBLEPOST]I have even tried 1000 they seem to just keep going down at the same rate SLOW! Baffled....
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434071551][/DOUBLEPOST]I fixed it thanks
    [DOUBLEPOST=1434240514,1434069083][/DOUBLEPOST]Looks like this one has been left out on the farm TOO BAD! I can not get it to go lower than -1 of whatever every 13 / 15 seconds.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don't know what the max/min values are, but whatever works works, whatever doesn't doesn't.

8. Well several admins say this thing randomly kills people off after running for awhile. I have witnessed it myself. Hope someone picks this up again and starts working on it.

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It is being worked on. ;)

Without being able to reproduce the issues, I can't fix it though.

10. Oh your working on it. Ok well no matter what I put in the least amount it will do for loss rate is 1 every 13 to 15 seconds. You can check that out as it is reproducible. But I am still working on playing with it. They now make me put it back to default when I leave the server. I have only witnessed this thing mess up when you put outrageous figures in it.

11. Is that loss rate per second? I wanted to set it up so that if the player doesn't get water in two rust days they will die but I'm scratching my head at this one. Haha.

12. please do update:)

13. Can you update this it was very useful.

14. Any update coming out anytime or is this no longer maintained?

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Soon. :)

16. I think this needs an update, players no longer respawning with food/water. Can anyone confirm?

I suspect it's not working for the same reason Autokit isn't working; just a hunch. Also, WellFed isn't working.

17. See the above 2 messages :)

18. Hey all, just a quick "bump" - would absolutely love to see a new/updated/working version of this... in my opinion the base Rust food/water consumption rates are so out of whack they are essentially pointless... :)

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Try the attached version below. I updated it awhile back, but I must have gotten sidetracked, so I'm not sure the status of it.

Edit: See later posts.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  20. Hi Wulf, thank you very much for responding so quickly to these posts - I've looked through the site extensively, and I can say that you and your fellow mod devs set a fantastic example in dedication and responsiveness! Well done!

Unfortunately, the build you posted didn't seem to work - the moment I uploaded it and it loaded in Oxide, I got the following chunk of errors in RCON - the whole block of text just kept repeating over and over, until I yanked the .cs file out of the plugins directory:
    Code:
    [Oxide] 5:36 AM [Info] Loaded plugin Metabolism Control v1.2.0 by Wulf / Luke Spragg
    [Oxide] 5:36 AM [Error] Failed to call hook 'LoadDefaultConfig' on plugin 'MetabolismControl v1.2.0'
    File: MetabolismControl.lua Line: 21 attempt to index global 'settings' (a nil value):
      at NLua.Lua.ThrowExceptionFromError (Int32 oldTop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.Lua.CallFunction (System.Object function, System.Object[] args, System.Type[] returnTypes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.Lua.CallFunction (System.Object function, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.LuaFunction.Call (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Ext.Lua.Plugins.LuaPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String hookname, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hookname, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015