Metabolism

Moved

Total Downloads: 2,348 - First Release: Oct 24, 2014 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.875/5, 16 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No worries, quickfix. The plugin is in Lua though, not C# (.cs). ;)

I'll likely be converting it to C# eventually, but that's a learning process for me right now.

2. Hi Wulf,

Ok, tried the new one - got what seemed a minor error on first load: "[Oxide] 1:44 AM [Warning] CallHook 'OnRunPlayerMetabolism' on plugin 'MetabolismControl v1.2.0' took: 586ms" (I think that's just a slow response from my server, correct?)

In terms of the mod in practice - it seems to be deducting calories and/or hydration at either about 1 per second, or considerably more than 1 per second - depending on the values that you set in the config.

(for all of the following detailed tests, I edited the config file, and the used the oxide.reload function to update the values on the server process)

It appears that values less than the defaults (0.025 and 0.05) deduct roughly 1 unit per second (that's just an "eyeball" timing estimate)... no matter what number you put in the config - I tried 0.025, and went as small as 0.00000001, and it seemed to remain about the same (1/sec)

For numbers greater than the defaults, the drop rates skyrocketed - death from dehydration/hunger in less than a minute.

Not sure if this helps, but thought I should share my observations.

Also, a question: are these drop rates meant to be "per second"? "per fraction of a second"? "per server 'tick'" (and if so, how often does a server "tick")? Just curious! :)

Again, my sincere thanks for all your ongoing efforts with this plugin!

3. @Wulf Another thing that would be nice on this plugin is that when you set the max vaules the bars full all the way to the end of the bar. I don't know how easy this would be but would be great if it could be added. I use this to try make food and water actully needed frequently instead eating a tonne and it lasting forever. Thanks you do a great job in this community :)

4. I know this is an old plugin but is there any chance it can be updated as it does not seem to work in our server currently. We are running a pvp based server and would like everyone to respawn on 100 hp.

5. I could make a simple plugin to make the players to respawn with 100 all the time.

6. If you wouldn't mind and had some spare time to create it then I would greatly appreciate it

7. There you have it, though take in mind this plugin was specifically made for you, meaning that it's not an official plugin, so I did not made any config file providing any setting, also because its not necessary at all. The default health is set to 100 as you asked for, but in case you wanna change it to any other value then you may open the plugin file and on line 14 just change the 100 to whatever value you want, just take in mind that the player health does not go beyond 100, its range 0 to 100.

I hope I could help.

8. Added it to the server. Thank you very much for replying so fast and for creating the plugin too, very kind of you so thank you again, have a good day !

9. Im glad I could help, have a good one.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Does this not work? Metabolism Control | Page 4 | Oxide

11. After adding this to the server and doing a full plugin reload and server reboot it never changed anyone's spawn HP, the plugin that SkinN kindly made for me does the job perfect though.

(All i did was set the spawnvalue of health to 100)

12. Hello fellow gamers. It seems Jacob 5's analysis is correct. I like this plugin, so I started playing around with the values to make it work as desired. First consideration to notice is that when you are cold or hot, hydration and hunger drain values increase, keep this in mind when adjusting the configuration file. I made some adjustments and got these results:
    Hydration: 13 every 5 minutes (1 hour drain = 156, 2h = 312, 3h = 468, 4h = 624, 5h = 780, 6h = 936)
    Hunger: 15 every 5 minutes (1 hour drain = 180, 2h = 360, 3h = 540, 4h = 720, 5h = 900, 6h = 1080)
    My character was standing still, so his heart was calmed. I think I read somewhere that there is a heart rate attribute now, activities increase caloric and water intake.
    My configuration is:
    Code:
    {
      "Settings": {
        "Calories": {
          "LossRate": "-0.0075",
          "MaxValue": 1000,
          "SpawnValue": "1000"
        },
        "Health": {
          "GainRate": "0.035",
          "MaxValue": 100,
          "SpawnValue": "default"
        },
        "Hydration": {
        }
      }
    }

13. dosent work for me with the new patch

14. I like the idea of this mod, but when I apply it my server lags to death. This is even with the default settings.

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It doesn't really do anything that Rust doesn't already do.

16. lol Sure, Rust lags, but it becomes very noticeable and I even have issues using Rusty once I enable it.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm serious, it does the same thing Rust does; just changing the default values. It shouldn't cause any noticeable issues.

18. I got your point. I deleted everything and tried again. It seems stable now. Something weird must have happened in the upload.

19. Please can anyone post his working settings?

I need somethimg like loosing 500 calories and 500 Hydration in 2 hours Realtime.
    (Or 48h InGameTime)

This does not work anyway!
    Code:
    {
      "Settings": {
        "Calories": {
        },
        "Health": {
          "GainRate": "0.035",
          "MaxValue": 100,
          "SpawnValue": "default"
        },
        "Hydration": {
        }
      }
    }
    Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2015
  20. A changed version of this where hunger and thirst are not resetted upon rejoining (why is this even the default?) attached.