By accepting the rules you agree to comply to the following:
Behavior and Etiquette
- Members are asked to post and communicate in English, as this is an English speaking community.
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will be dealt with severely.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If any member notices another user breaking one of the rules, they should contact one of our forum moderators. To report posts that break the rules please use the “report” feature underneath the offending post. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned.
- Before posting in a section, read the stickies at the top of that section. In many cases there are rules you must follow for posting a new thread or reply. Failure to follow these rules can lead to warnings and infractions.
- Before posting a new thread members should use the search function to find out if similar threads have been created. Failure to search ends up with spam in the forum so you will get an infraction.
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.
- Your posts should be, well-written, useful and keeping to the point made by the original poster. Any post that an admin decides is unhelpful, badly written, off topic, or just not useful to anyone will be deleted and an infraction given to the member posting.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good subjects include; "Getting an Error while connecting", "The shipment system is broken", etc.
- We do not tolerate spam messages in posts. All posts should contribute something real to the discussion, if an admin decides it doesn't, the post will be deleted with repeat offenders receiving warnings.
- Do not doublepost. Instead of double-posting use the edit function. Pushing up threads is allowed when defined in a sticky thread.
- Members are asked not to resurrect threads older than one month without good reason.
- Do not post signatures in messages, this is not the place to advertise or share your personal site.
- Do not post image macros, (ex. facepalm pictures), memes, etc.
- Do not create "Goodbye" or leaving posts.
The above forum rules -where applicable- also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- Only use the attachment/albums function to upload/post pictures or other resources. This will ensure our forums doesn't slow down and pictures don't get lost, as most providers delete them after a certain time period.
- Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, cracks, etc. or re-posting material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed.
- Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will be dealt with swiftly.
- Any plugins submitted to the site must go through the plugin submission process, not randomly posted on the forums in a thread or post.
- When contributing "fixes" to plugins, please use the [code][/code] tags to share the relevant changes, do not post random/modified versions.
- Third-party builds of Oxide and other related projects and/or tools are not to be shared on the site for both the safety and security of users as well as for support means.
- Public linking and promotion of third-party marketplace sites and/or for-profit plugins is not allowed, and will removed at the discretion of the administration staff.
Warnings and Bans
Conversations and Logging
- OxideMod.org operates a strict ban policy. Users will receive temporary bans, a maximum of three times. After three Bans you will be banned permanently.
- Arguing with team members after having received a ban will lead to an immediate additional ban. Should this exceed three strikes a permanent ban will be put in place as above.
- Users who feel they have been unfairly banned are welcome to contact the relevant team leader, e.g. if banned by a moderator you should contact the moderator team leader.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban or other moderator action will lead to a permanent ban of your account(s). Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned username. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email address, or other action that can be taken to evade moderator action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account
- The administrative staff are here to help, but their decision is final.
- Every action is logged. We will store logs for at least 365 days.
- Any illegal action will be reported to the local authorities.
- By accepting these rules you take full responsibility for all your actions and messages on these forums. You also confirm that you fully understand and will conform with the list of rules above. Any failure to comply with these rules will be dealt with swiftly and appropriately by our forum moderators. These rules may change at any time - with or without warning. Any questions you may have should be directed to any member of the moderation team.
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.