Magic Craft

Alternative crafting system

Total Downloads: 6,437 - First Release: Sep 18, 2015 - Last Update: Oct 13, 2017

5/5, 25 likes
  1. I have no issues, I would suggest deleting the config and data and then reloading the plugin.

2. There actually is an error if you restart your server ;) You should check your logs instead of just looking into console when trying to reload the plugin.

Anyways. Try my version.

3. it helped, thanks :)
    but there should be an option to save the old enabled / disabled items and just add the new items at end of the config...everytime after new version, searching the items and set manually on false or true is annoying :(

4. Love this plugin!

Can you please update this plugin with:

•Oxide permission system

5. Hello, please dont judge me, im new to coding, i just got this plugin, edited GP and worked fine, then i searched for low grade fuel and there is none on the data file, so i added a new code:
    Code:
       "lowgradefuel": {
          "MaxBulkCraft": 999,
          "MinBulkCraft": 1,
          "displayName": "Low Grade Fuel",
          "shortName": "lowgradefuel",
          "description": "Low grade for your explosives",
          "Enabled": True,
          "Cooldown": 0
        },
    But, when i reload the plugin, it just stops working:
    Code:
    > oxide.reload MagicCraft
    [Oxide] 9:33 AM [Info] Loaded plugin MagicCraft v0.2.0 by Norn
    [Oxide] 9:33 AM [Error] Failed to initialize plugin 'MagicCraft v0.2.0' (JsonReaderException: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: T. Path 'CraftList.lowgradefuel.Enabled', line 27, position 18.)
    [Oxide] 9:33 AM [Debug]   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParseValue () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadInternal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.ReadForType (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject (System.Object newObject, Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonObjectContract contract, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonProperty member, System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    [Oxide] 9:33 AM [Info] Unloaded plugin MagicCraft v0.2.0 by Norn
    [Oxide] 9:33 AM [Info] Previous version of plugin failed to load: MagicCraft
    UPDATE: Nevermind i found it on the list, for some reason all the words i used in FIND did not show me low grade fuel.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2016
  6. Code:
    [Oxide] 3:01 AM [Error] Failed to initialize plugin 'MagicCraft v0.2.0' (ArgumentException: Could not cast or convert from System.String to Oxide.Plugins.MagicCraft+StoredData.)
    Any Ideas How To Fix

7. Hey all. I had this plugin for a few days now, i only edited it for 5 values to be True and it works, except from time to time (many hours but im not sure, about twice a day) it just stops working and i have to reload it, any idea what can be? Problem is i never seen an error or warning for it in console, and i searched the logs and there is nothing.

8. Scroll up and use my version ;)

9. hmmkay i will try it. Was this abandoned? Last couple of posts are questions and dev doesn't respond.

10. Don't know. This issue exists for more than a month now but the developer didn't fix it yet so I thought I would share my quickfix until he does.

11. Cool, good job. Can i just replace the other file with this one, and keep my config file and it will work? Or do i have to remove all and re-edit?

12. Just replace

13. Norn updated Magic Craft with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1452549478,1452527112][/DOUBLEPOST]
    All great ideas, I'm currently restoring all my files on a clean wipe. Once I'm back at it I'll fire these in.

14. Sounds nice! What about Oxide Permission system? can you add this to your task?

15. Great @Norn

What do you think about these requests:

• Chat (for players) and console commands (admins) to see what the minimums are for which items
    • Permission level minimums
    • Automatic update of config (copying enabled items) on rust protocol change
    • Timer value in data file for each item. ( ie. bulk craft of 999 Gun Powder set timer to 120 seconds for a bulk craft time of 2 mintues - 0 is insta-craft )
    • Usage fee (tax) for bulk craft ( a set value or percentage value to perform bulk craft. )

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
  16. Norn updated Magic Craft with a new update entry:

17. is there a way to make the default item the random one and if you have a skin you click that one and it doesn't randomize?

18. Didn't obliterator just need a space in low grade fuel?

19. @Norn Can I have a data file that has all items as yes? I don't have time, I may corrupt file etc. Can u do it? Or add a command like /magicgeneratedata true or idk pls?

20. @Norn Can I have a data file that has all items as yes? I don't have time, I may corrupt file etc. Can u do it? Or add a command like /magicgeneratedata true or idk pls?