FauxAdmin

Allows Authorized players use of admin noclip and have Green chat name.

Total Downloads: 5,895 - First Release: May 26, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 12, 2018

5/5, 12 likes
  1. Colon Blow updated FauxAdmin with a new update entry:

2. Very nice, but you may want to check the ban reason before blocking it so admins can ban the user instantly if need be.

Also, may want to reset their violations so the server doesn't repeatedly try to ban them.

This could be useful for blocking kicks for AntiHack if the user's violations were reset

Cheat Detected! is one reason I was banned while using it

3. Yes, I will be adding a filter for the reason "Cheat detected!" and make sure if it was a server issued ban or manual admin ban. so any admin ban can bypass the block if they need to manually ban a fauxadmin.

But I have found that this particular issue does not use violation settings nor is effected by antihack settings. more of a instant ban from the server when it happens. strange enough. but more options is always good :)

Note: just some numbers. On my two Bob the builder servers, we get a 1000 players a day , all have full fauxadmin rights. As of last few patches, i get 2 to 5 players effected a day from this. And its always instant it seems. Even with all antihack turned off and max violation set to 99999999. lol But no issues noted since I used this BanBlocking

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2017
  4. [​IMG]
    Gyazo - ddef09dc260bf50e2a515aab3c7b9682.png

This error when banning people via RustAdmin rcon with FauxAdmin on same server

Also, I gave Prod plugin a shot for ent.who ability for non admins. This is absolutely not an option. If you could add ent.who feature to the plugin that would be fantastic!

5. Ill work on rcon banning error and see. looks like it did still ban the player though right?

Current version does have the entwho console command (without the space or dot) added already. as well as the entkill command

6. Jum

Jum

FauxAdmin isn't working in my server, i tried re installing the plugin many times and isn't loading correctly. it says that it's loaded in console but when i do a command such as "/noclip" it doesn't work.

7. Colon Blow updated FauxAdmin with a new update entry:

8. Is it possible to switch off each feature individually? We'd like to be able to properly use the Gyrocopters plugin, but since doing so requires noclip, an extra plugin would be needed. This one would work, but we don't want to give everyone that uses the copters access to infinite use of Godmode and the admin privileges.

9. When I install the faux admin plugin, it changes the games default smooth noclip to a choppy too fast only forward going one, and when you hover you constantly make a falling/hitting the ground sound. Players also get kicked for "Fly hacking" even though i've disabled the kick through my rcon

10. Hello. Can someone give me the exact technique in order to use this plugin with this one "Chute" ? Chute for Rust | Oxide
    In the end I would like to be able to send all players connected in the sky with a parachute. Thank you

11. After installing the plugin, loading it, and granting permission to someone, it doesn't seem to work.
    It loads up just fine, config seems fine, the grant permissions worked fine, but when they type noclip in the console or /noclip in the chat nothing happens. They can't float, just continue to move normally.

Any clever ideas?

Turns out it just needed the user to relog.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2017
  12. Hi. According to the creator of the plugin, it is indicated after waking. So I think we have to log out and reconnect for it to take effect. But it did not work for me.

13. Hello. I would like to know how to stop the god mod for the players?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I don’t think you can; that is a client side setting.

15. Ah of agreements damage I thought that a command admin could have canceled the god mod for the players... but thank you very much ;)

16. We used to be able to check to see if player was in god mode and send the command to turn it back off. But after the update a little while back, rust is preventing a lot of client side commands to be sent to player from server :(

17. Does this plugin require Anti-Cheat to be turned off to allow no-clipping?

"helps prevent the random auto banning of FauxAdmins by automated server antihack system even when antihack is set to off."

Thanks

18. This is not working for me.
    Tried reinstalling it 5 times already,and the config file but nothing seems to happend.
    I've granted the player fauxadmin.allowed and fauxadmin.bypass and tells him to reconnect but he can't noclip

19. same for me

20. I'm checking it out. see whats up :)

Edit: Initial Testing is seems fine to me. Is the player using the chat /noclip or console noclip command? But ill do more testing a few different ways to check.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2017