FauxAdmin

Allows Authorized players use of admin noclip and have Green chat name.

Total Downloads: 5,895 - First Release: May 26, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 12, 2018

5/5, 12 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That sounds kinda nasty, probably not worth the performance hit. You could ask that they whitelist the god setting.

2. i don't want player use global.god ,how can i block it ?

3. If you give player the Fauxadmin.allowed, they will be able to use it.
    Right now there is not a way to block it. The ability to turn it back off was removed with the last few updates.

4. Hi, is there a way to let the players get stuff out off the F1 Items list?

5. It is very possible. I might add it to this plugin. As we are kinda faking admin, the F1 s pawn would be a good addition as a option.

Or another standalone plugin to do just that.

6. Ok thanks, that would be amazing :)

7. Is there a way to find out what plugins use the IsAdmin authentication check? EventManager seems to be one of them.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2017
  8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Pretty much none do, most use permissions from Oxide.

9. Thanks Wulf. Any idea why turning on fauxadmin.allowed gives our new mod access to the Event Manager admin panel? I was looking for a way to see what other plugins behave in the same way

10. Hello, any plugin that checks to see if a player has flag of IsAdmin for authentication will be affected.

11. Any idea how to check which plugins are affected by it? Event Manager is one of them but its not a problem

12. usually you can search for something like this in the plugin.

player.HasPlayerFlag(BasePlayer.PlayerFlags.IsAdmin)
    or
    player.IsAdmin

But I don't see the event manager plugin itself using this. But the EMInterface does use this to authenticate.

13. Thanks man

14. We just found a crazy bug! None of our players could upgrade stuff they didnt build.

We disabled a bunch of newer plugins 1 by 1 til we found it was this one.

It's this line in config, if set to true it causes the bug

"DisableFauxAdminUpgrade"

Soon as we set it to false players could upgrade stuf they didnt own again.

15. Correct. that is how it is supposed to work.
    Its just a check to make sure players who are FauxAdmins don't go around just messing with players bases since they can noclip around into others bases. But then again, I know if players are friends and trying to help others, they will be blocked. hum. you guys like this feature? or should I remove it?

But yes, setting it to false, will allow any fauxadmin to upgrade others players stuff.

16. Oh right. Well yeh seems like a silly feature considering normal admins can't upgrade people's stuff if not auth'd, and given this plugin is supposed to give someone less than even a mod..... :D

17. Sorry I just re read what you typed, you are saying Normal players cannot upgrade stuff they didn't build? even with Authentication?

That is a issue :( I will do some testing

18. Correct

19. Colon Blow updated FauxAdmin with a new update entry:

20. Я не могу изменить вид третьего лица на F3
    [DOUBLEPOST=1498923048][/DOUBLEPOST]I can not change the third-person view to F3