FauxAdmin

Allows Authorized players use of admin noclip and have Green chat name.

Total Downloads: 5,895 - First Release: May 26, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 12, 2018

5/5, 12 likes
  1. Does the plugin compile fine? Generally, you would get that if the plugin has not loaded correctly.

2. Colon Blow updated FauxAdmin with a new update entry:

3. Colon Blow updated FauxAdmin with a new update entry:

4. Colon Blow updated FauxAdmin with a new update entry:

5. reports form my players says now they /up an /down on anyone home. before installing this plugin they could not. any ideas? talking about building grades

6. This is correct. The BuildingGrades Plugin uses the is.Admin player flag and permssions to authenticate if player can upgrade or not. is.Admin flag is what Fauxadmins get on login. Some plugins use that method to authenticate admin rather than other methods.

I can send you a slightly modified version I use for my server if you want that has that part removed? You would just have to give any real admin permission to /up or /down other players stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2017
  7. Yes please. Thank you. I use /up for only my VIP. Btw. My players are loving being able to fly. I have a question. Is it possible to make it when a player flys close to another players base/cupboard it's pushes them back instead of dropping them to there death. But instead the plugin last night an player where have a blast. Thanks.

8. Hey, i mistakenly did oxide.grant group default fauxadmin.blocked,how do i undo this ? Because when im trying to set admin,console says it is done but i cant use noclip in game,thanks for answer

9. do oxide.revoke group default fauxadmin.blocked
    that will block the usage of noclip even for real admins in the default group.. lol

and if you wanted to remove the fauxadmins.allowed from default group do same.
    oxide.revoke group default fauxadmin.allowed

10. Thanks for fast reply

11. just wanted to let you know. players are getting into other players homes by flying underground an up into there base. so when your plugin kicks them form nocilp there already on there inside foundation. test it 7 times an worked for all.
    would be cool if there was a way to only allow noclip in your cupboard area

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  12. Anyone else having an issue with Admins getting banned for using this plugin? We've had 3 mods get banned from the server, and I just got banned also. Only thing I can narrow it down to is the FauxAdmin plugin (You've been banned, cheats detected). It's a simple server side unban to allow back onto the server, but curious if anyone else is having this issue.

13. I haven't had anyone else mention this. By default all real Mods (auth lvl 1) and Admins (auth lvl 2) are excluded being effected.

And are you talking about FauxAdmins? or Real Admins?

Other than if you assign the fauxadmin.blocked to a real Admin or Mod, then they would loose the ability to noclip. But if anyone else has issues with this, let me know.

14. can not get it to work i used "oxide.grant user "LongShot" fauxadmin.allowed " no green name tag logged of server re entered not a thing also used oxide. grant user xxxxxxxx 1234567898765 fauxadmin.allowed logged off and back on still nothing.

15. what's the actual name your trying to add? does the server respond with the granted message? or nothing? after typing in the oxide.grant user "user name" fauxadmin.allowed

16. Can we get the option for us to disable godmode for people with this permission?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Disable what godmode? The godmode from Rust is a client setting, the server never knows if someone runs it.

18. This was a feature up until recent updates. Now the sending of client commands to change client settings have been blocked by rust.

Basically this cannot be done from server anymore. It worked great while they let us. But for now FauxAdmins will have access to change there global.god settings. Just as normal admins.

Only thing I could add, would be to warn fauxadmin, and then maybe kick fuaxadmin if they have changed there global.god setting to true without having permissions? maybe a option? anyone else think this might work?

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

global.god is never sent to the server, so you don't easily have a way to know (it's a client setting, not even a command really.)

20. Yes, I was having to run a OnPlayerTick check for if (player.net.connection.info.GetBool("global.god", true) || player.IsImmortal()) and then sending back a client command to set it to false. a lot of performance overhead by using OnPlayerTick. it did seem to work pretty smooth. of course until they blocked most client commands from server :(