FauxAdmin

Allows Authorized players use of admin noclip and have Green chat name.

Total Downloads: 5,895 - First Release: May 26, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 12, 2018

5/5, 12 likes
  1. @Colon Blow, could you make the newest version of FauxAdmin not include any IsAdmin checks, because I feel that most people that use this plugin would prefer just the permission system.

2. This didnt work for me? Can you put the code up somewhere please?

edit: nvm

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2018
  3. Found a fix to my own thing. Changed the base player to IsDeveloper rather than IsAdmin (Allows noclip/entkill but does not give baseplayers admin access to most plugins). (If you use BetterChat you need to remove the section where it gives Developers a chat tag)

4. Just putting this out here: I loaded this plugin into my server. After it was in suddenly players that didn't have the permission were being clipped into walls and getting stuck. Also people were able to clip into other bases. Last but not least they were also clipping through the vents at launch site. I dont know if i had something configured wrong but it caused a lot of problems and they all went away when i unloaded the plugin.

5. I get this when I replace "BasePlayer" with "isDeveloper": error CS0246: The type or namespace name `isDeveloper' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

6. I can send you the edited version, only downside is that players request the client.record feature, and the developer role does not have permission for it.

Also, @Colon Blow can we please get an update to fix "nocliponbuild". We haven't had an update since building 3.0 when it broke (over 2 months ago).

7. I get a update finished up. and yes the IsDeveloper is a good change to bypass the isadmin check most plugins use, ill add that as well.

8. Colon Blow updated FauxAdmin with a new update entry:

9. Apologies - I got it working after commenting and didn't update. Nice work figuring that out!

10. Got this new version on both our Hangout build servers so there'll be heavy testing, nice one for the IsAdmin change, we had to tweak ours to remove the IsAdmin check as firstly it was allowing use of plugins players werent supposed to have but also we didn't need the check seeing as everyone has access to the plugin on the server, would you suggest we remove the IsDeveloper lines too so its not bothering with the checks?

Eek, gotta try and turn off this Rust Developer chat tag

EDIT: Ok sorted, you @Colon Blow might wanna see if you can change that dude, if you have BetterChat every player gets the Rust Dev betterchat tag, had to manually remove code from BetterChat

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2018
  11. There aren't any checks for IsDeveloper in the plugin, just setting a flag on player that they are IsDeveloper. Which is essential to allow players to have the super powers of noclip and such. But its either Setting IsDeveloper or IsAdmin. :)

But yes, you will need a chat handler to change the color of chat text.

12. s'alright just deleted all the developer stuff in the betterchat cs file :)

13. Just to confirm though, if everyone on the server gets fauxadmin abilities, are there any lines in the plugin we dont need, in the interest of performance.

14. The only thing that is a performance hit is the whole section for OnPlayerTick. which basically is the area that disables noclip if player enters someones elses building zone. if enabled. That whole area can be deleted if you don't mind players going everywhere. But if you have it set to false, it should not be much of a hit at all.

15. Ok cool thanks

16. Rolled back to our previous customised version, fps dips were too brutal, thanks for the efforts tho

On a build server with 75 people having access to latest Faux:

Code:
    (19:47:07) | Calling 'OnPlayerTick' on 'FauxAdmin v1.0.13' took average 5938ms
    (19:47:17) | Calling 'OnPlayerTick' on 'FauxAdmin v1.0.13' took average 6089ms
    (19:47:27) | Calling 'OnPlayerTick' on 'FauxAdmin v1.0.13' took average 5810ms
    (19:47:37) | Calling 'OnPlayerTick' on 'FauxAdmin v1.0.13' took average 5594ms
    (19:47:47) | Calling 'OnPlayerTick' on 'FauxAdmin v1.0.13' took average 5553ms
    (19:47:57) | Calling 'OnPlayerTick' on 'FauxAdmin v1.0.13' took average 5566ms
    (19:48:07) | Calling 'OnPlayerTick' on 'FauxAdmin v1.0.13' took average 5157ms
    (19:48:17) | Calling 'OnPlayerTick' on 'FauxAdmin v1.0.13' took average 5619ms
    (19:48:27) | Calling 'OnPlayerTick' on 'FauxAdmin v1.0.13' took average 5574ms
    (19:48:37) | Calling 'OnPlayerTick' on 'FauxAdmin v1.0.13' took average 5656ms
    (19:48:47) | Calling 'OnPlayerTick' on 'FauxAdmin v1.0.13' took average 5641ms
    (19:48:57) | Calling 'OnPlayerTick' on 'FauxAdmin v1.0.13' took average 5884ms
    (19:49:07) | Calling 'OnPlayerTick' on 'FauxAdmin v1.0.13' took average 5913ms
    (19:49:48) | Calling 'OnPlayerTick' on 'FauxAdmin v1.0.13' took average 5275ms

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2018
  17. @Colon Blow , I updated to this new version today while doing rust and oxide update. I deleted all files related to faux admin before, and now all the moderators are telling me they cannot disable grass or water, or access peoples inventorys. Moderators now have a TAG on their name taht says "[Rust Developer] . I tried erasing and reloading it again, and Im getting same result. I think I will be rolling back to previous version, as it wwas working fine earlier today before.

18. Go into the newly generated config file and change the base player type. He updated it to give an option for server owners to set base player as developer or admin for the purpose that if a player is set as a "fake" admin, all plugins that use "is admin" flags will allow these "fake admins" access to permissions they should not have access to. The only other difference is that the developer role in rust doesn't give access to demo.record, however it does allow noclip and ent kill. Just go to your betterchat.cs file and delete the section about isDeveloper stuff, and the [Developer#4214] tag will go away.

19. Was that with the ""Disable FauxAdmins Noclip when not authorized on local tool cupboard ? " set to true or false?

I image it was set true, which on a build server and the new build system, it would be a little performance heavy.
    I will keep testing and see if i can find a faster way to detect is flying player is not supposed to be there.

If it was set to False, then it should not be doing that. Hence it immediatly bypasses the OnPlayerTick altogether. humm...

20. @Colon Blow could you add a feature in config to only allow fauxadmins to upgrade/demolish/rotate their own or friends structures (friends API)?

Or do you know how other build servers allow friends to build with each other (upgrading/rotate/demolish) without access to do that to everyone else's structures?