FauxAdmin

Allows Authorized players use of admin noclip and have Green chat name.

Total Downloads: 5,895 - First Release: May 26, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 12, 2018

5/5, 12 likes
  1. Colon Blow updated FauxAdmin with a new update entry:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2018
  2. @Colon Blow,

What does this mean? Is this person using a cheat ? If so I need to know. Should I turn it off and let them get banned then ask why they are cheating ? LOL first time seeing this.

18:11 [Warning] [FauxAdmin] FauxAdmin Ban Blocker stopped a ban of Player [000000/101010101010101010] for Cheat Detected!

3. It is normally just fine. The "Cheat Detected!!" happens from time to time due to various latencies in antihack checks and whatnot. Which is why I put the check in.
    Now... if it keeps happening for Same player over and over.. then yes.. you might want to check on them or manual kick/ban them.

4. Is it more normal for that to happen to an admin? I've never seen it til today.

5. Yes, its the same for Admin or Fauxadmin, since they both use the same fly mechanics. But it is very rare to see usually. I haven't seen the error in some time since put that check in.

6. I set the admin up in groups, I do not give moderatorID at all. so They are solely relying on fauxadmin and the group with permissions to do the things they do.

I just checked logs for the past couple days and I have seen that warning for both of my admins multiple times. It concerns me a little, but Its happening to both of them, but they also do spend a lot of play time together. So I'm wondering if they are triggering something when not at their own bases? Idk.

7. My console is constantly spamming "cheat detected" and also players are complaining that when they try to type a message when in noclip, they fall a little. I may go back to the previous version I used with the edited isDeveloper, and just not have the convienence of the "no noclip in build blocked". I am running build servers however, so everyone in their mother is using noclip (why there are so many "Cheat detected" outputs)

8. Ok, from what I am seeing, it must be the Chat Tag Fix I put in so players wont have the DEV tag on there names.. Ill remove it and update it in a bit.

What is does, it when fauxadmin chats,, it removes there flag for a millisecond before and gives it back after. But it looks like with more players on , the very very slight latency can cause a issue. Which Could also cause them to "drop down" a little when flying when they chat.

9. Colon Blow updated FauxAdmin with a new update entry:

10. I use your plugin along with the Chute plugin (Chute) so that players can use the parachute. but when they turn it off they can fly. Is it possible to do it in such a way that the permission is issued for the time of using the parachute?

11. rust developer in some of the players names cant get rid of it | I use better chat how can I fix this

[Better Chat] [#fa5][Rust Developer][/#] ‹P✚✚› ‹P★›

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2018
  12. I commented these 2 lines out with // Line 184 and 185 in the .cs

//if (bPlayer?.IsDeveloper ?? false)
    //groups.Add(BetterChat.RustDeveloperGroup);

13. Hey, is there a way to give players only the perm. to noclip without the other stuff like god mode

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Both of those are client settings, not really commands, so wouldn't really be doable.

15. Hey so when i type /noclip nothing happens.... whats up with that anyone know?

16. Do you have FuaxAdmin permssions? and have you logged off and back on after setting them?
    And can you use the normal console command noclip?

17. Yes i have permissions when i type /noclip no text appears or anything when i remove myself it says unathorized i was having an issue with my server this morning where it was getting stuck on loading i deleted the oxide config file which contains a small amout of settings like groups and stuff but iv removed the plugin tried reloading and everything...

18. Having issues removing the Rust Developer tag from user, any ideas?

19. same. (betterchat). I removed FauxAdmin and its gone. Hope there will be a fix :)

20. look up around 7-8 comments, and you will see what you have to do. Thanks to @Krazy J