FauxAdmin

Allows Authorized players use of admin noclip and have Green chat name.

Total Downloads: 5,895 - First Release: May 26, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 12, 2018

5/5, 12 likes
  1. I wanted to have all these permissions noclip, debugcamera, kill
    but with the BLUE name in chat to infiltrate with other plyers if it's used
    cheats, exploits or something else, it will be possible ?

2. Here a fix

Attached Files:

3. ty..i'll get a official update shortly.

4. Colon Blow updated FauxAdmin with a new update entry:

5. Any chance, a timer can be placed in the permissions command or in the config please.
    I'm hoping to grant this permission to new players, so they can explore the island, but then the permission is revoked after 30 mins.
    Does anyone have any other creative ways to achieve this please?

I currently use BetterChat and PlayerRankings, if that helps.

6. I am having trouble with bypassing cupboards. I typed in "oxide.grant owner oneeagle1103 fauxadmin.bypass" and i still keep getting blocked. Do i have the command typed out correctly?

7. Try "oxide.grant user oneeagle1103 fauxadmin.bypass"

8. are there anyway that you can add so i can remove the green in the name for normal players ?

9. Better Chat should work for that.

10. a player just showed me that by spamming his keybind "n" to no clip and go near a wall of a base thats cupboard blocked, he could actually access the base through the wall. he got in and out even though blocked

11. Correct, as there is no way to prevent a player from running a Client Command as noclip. As of now, the plugin just turns Noclip back off once they run the command. So it would be fairly easy for anyone to spam the command and still get around. It just keeps honest-ish players ...honest-ish.. lol

Now, I was working on a version that has the option to kick players who spam the noclip command if they are supposed to be blocked and after being warned after each time.

Or the option to accumulate Antihack violation points and warnings if they spam noclip. Which then player would get punished once they reached your servers preset Max Violation level and deal the set Enforcement Level for antihack violations. (kick, ban or nothing).

12. cheers for the heads up, makes sense now :) ive also had another issue where, when i revoked the permission from this player. he tried to no clip and the server auto banned him. ive since removed the ban, but each time he logs into rust it says hes banned from the server....we have to keep unbanning him

13. For me, the mod does not work. I am already sitting 2 hours at the PC, only this mod works. Every time there is: you are not allowed to acces the command. Why does it show up every time? I have all rights on the server. I've even tried: Try "oxide.grant user .... etc entered .. Still, it does not work Can someone help me?

14. For the error message, that is not coming from the plugin. Are you getting the error from Server console when trying to add permissions?
    Or are you trying to add the permissions via F1 console?
    Or when trying to use /noclip command in chat? Which should give you "You are not worthy yet!" message if you do not have permissions.

15. I've written about the console as well as in the chat. And it comes every time the same answer. And when I enter the Cha / noclip enter: unknown command
    [DOUBLEPOST=1484024524][/DOUBLEPOST]I forgot to tell you that I wanted to try your other plugin (HeliRide). And when I enter into the chat / flyheli or enter the console (flyheli), which then comes this error.

16. the cupboard block do not work for me anymore. all players are allowed to fly in others cupboard... i tryed to do the oxide.revoke and the bypass. but they can still do it.. anyone know ?

17. Not sure, ill check and see. But make sure you oxide.revoke the bypass for sure, that does allow flying in all cupboard areas.

18. Hello! I have some problem with this plugin.

After the latest update(oxide 1136,81) the plugin won't work, I have tried to reload and reinstall the plugin.
    The server wont register any error with the plugin.

I added a permisson to a player but nothing works.
    "grant user name fauxadmin.allowed"
    even tried
    "grant user name fauxadmin.*"

In server console but nothing works, Client reconnect and even restart the game nothing works.

Any one know why the plugin won't work ?

// NightMarine

19. Seems to work fine for me. I also just tested on a fresh server with just FauxAdmin, works good there too.
    Are you getting a reply from console when you add the users permissions that is was granted?

Permission code should look like this:
    Code:
    oxide.grant user "my name" fauxadmin.allowed
    not sure if you where typing exactly what you put in post, because that wouldn't work.
    And did you delete the config file and retry as well?

20. Hello!

I tried that permissin code, deleted all files that named something with fauxadmin and installed everything again.
    Nothing works, Do I miss something? is there a map where I maybe missed a file?
    the files I deleted where in maps plugins,config and lang.