FauxAdmin

Allows Authorized players use of admin noclip and have Green chat name.

Total Downloads: 5,895 - First Release: May 26, 2016 - Last Update: Mar 12, 2018

5/5, 12 likes
  1. sXs

sXs

yes, i got confirmation in server console, but player cant noclip, and not have green admin color for chat name.
    User 'Anno Domini (76xxxx98122xxx62)' granted permission 'fauxadmin.allowed'

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2016
  2. Ok, did you set any group to fauxadmin.blocked?

3. sXs

sXs

nope :(

4. hum... that is very odd. And it works for other players right? Just not that one?

5. sXs

sXs

Solved.. after update steam and oxide..

6. I love this plugin but it keeps spamming my console and making the servers lag. :(

7. Whats the commands ?

8. Commands for what?

Plugin allows players who are FauxAdmins to use the admins noclip.
    which is press F1, then in console type noclip

[DOUBLEPOST=1468710436][/DOUBLEPOST]
    What is it spamming? I know if players are flying around shooting a lot, it will spam that projectile is traveling too fast a lot.

9. Could this be used to block auth level 1 and 2 players the use of noclip? Or do you need to remove their Auth then use FauxAdmin to configure their privs? Thanks!

Saw this line and wondered how to use it:
    fauxadmin.blocked - Blocks Admin/Mod usage of noclip. Add the Admin/Mod to this permission to block them. (by default, players do not have access already)

10. Yes, just grant player/mod/admin the fauxadmin.blocked and they will not be able to use the noclip command. when they toggle it, it toggles it back off.

11. hi

What should I do if the player allowed to fly only Building permission

12. if i allow bypass they cant fly

13. Currently there is not a way to allow a player to only fly while under building permission.
    It currently is able to block flying is they are NOT allowed to build (aka someone else's house).

Ill check into adding that as a option though :)

14. It took me a while with the help of some of my players, but I have narrowed down your plugin as the source of my players not being able to upgrade building blocks like walls, floors, and foundations in buildings since the previous week's patch. I am not sure how it could be possible, but I removed every plugin from my server this week and wiped everything. Then I added plugins back one by one. We narrowed it down to Fauxadmin in the last 5 plugins added back. For some reason nobody can upgrade building entities except for their own since the patch last week. Please take a look. Thanks for the great plugin!

15. Hey, thanks for the info. Are the effected player set to FauxAdmins? or does this effect all players? And did you delete the config and reload plugin too? but ill check and see if I can recreate it and fix it. :)

16. (1) Just want to make it crystal clear for me. When I want any player who joins the server to be able to noclip. I will type into the Console;

oxide.grant group default fauxadmin.allowed

After a predetermined time, and after the players have explored the island, I would then type:

oxide.revoke group default fauxadmin.allowed

Is this correct? And, will it remove the permission, even from sleeping players.

(2) In the event, some 'smarty pants' changes any plugins. Other than malicious damage, I would imagine that it would mostly be that they add themselves extra permissions, is there a file that I can backup and restore after I revoke FauxAdmins? OR, would it be easier to backup the entire /oxide folder before I grant permission, and then restore the entire folder after I revoke the permission (which is just as easy to do)?

17. (1) correct. just add the default group to fauxadmin.allowed, then revoke it.. But, as permissions are set when they wake up, players that are ingame when any permissions are changed, would need to log off, respawn or die. (or server restart).

(2) hopefully no one messes with anything. But it is possible if any plugin only uses the is.admin player flag to allow access to a plugin command.

But As this is a Client side admin flag only, it does not give them much of any permissions from Rust that I can find. Other than noclipping and a couple of client side admin toggles that are turned off in the config file already. But I would keep a backup of entire folder, then just paste them back in if needed.

18. ok, I can confirm what iroczspot is experiencing, in that the upgrade options are only available to the person who built the structure (unless you remove FauxAdmin).

In response to Colon Blow's questions:
    I use FauxAdmin for one day only as a means for players to explore a new map, and so everyone (users = default) has access. No one is able to upgrade someone else's building structure (although authorised). I did delete the config and reload the plugin.

Personally, this issue doesn't affect me because of the way we use FauxAdmin, but I thought I'd offer whatever feedback to help.

19. And you guys did change "DisableFauxAdminUpgrade": true, to false in the config, and reload plugin? But ill check it out in bit :)

20. This setting fixed the upgrade issue. Thanks!
    Code:
    DisableFauxAdminUpgrade": false,