ColouredNames

Moved

Total Downloads: 4,813 - First Release: Sep 30, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 29, 2017

5/5, 13 likes
  1. Not the way it is but I'll add that.

What do you mean?

2. PsychoTea updated ColouredNames with a new update entry:

v1.2.4

3. Awsome thanks :)

4. hello :) i have a problem! if i set my namecolour to red and i write something, it apperars in blue (default) and a second time in red - how do i fix it?

sorry for bad english iam from austria

best rg
    Harvest

5. You're probably running another chat plugin which is interfering with ColouredNames. Have a look in your plugins folder and see if you have BetterChat, or any other chat related plugins. If you're not sure, post a list of your plugins here and I'll see if I can't find anything :)

6. So ive reinstalled this plugin, how do I go about removing all the old colorednames permissions ive given? Thanks.

7. double message (BetterChat installed)

http://clip2net.com/clip/m306523/aea7a-clip-6kb.jpg?nocache=1
    [DOUBLEPOST=1490043819][/DOUBLEPOST]but the plugin works fine. we just dont should use plugin like BetterChat.

8. is it possible that you can have muliple colors in the name as a rainbow? adding more than one hexcode/and or colour at a time?

9. I probably wouldn't add this as it would allow people to change their names.

10. PsychoTea updated ColouredNames with a new update entry:

v1.3.0

11. Requires BetterChat 5.0.6 or higher.

12. so yeah i loaded the new verison of the plugin and i go into console and type in console command and says colourednames doesn't exist

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That is part of a permission, not a command. ;)

14. Hi i think your plugin really great

But I have discovered an error
    If someone the name of the color writes wrong then stands the html code before the name and that does not look beautiful.

You can perhaps insert a rule if a user the name of the color or the format wrongly writes that then a message comes and the user must try again?

In the Picture is e example: the user write /colour #extrafalsch and it looks like so

https://i.imgur.com/NfAZXYv.jpg

Many Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017
  15. Yeah this has always been a problem with the plugin, especially now that we're using BetterChat for our intergration.

As far as I can think, there's no easy way to detect whether a colour is "invalid" or not, without doing some very specific checks (is colour "red"? or "blue"? or "lightblue"? does it look something like this "FF0000"?) - we could go on for days like that.

Maybe if some other smart people have any ideas?

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You could just allow hex only and toss the rest. Hex code validating should be pretty easy to handle.

17. Code:
    bool IsValidColor(string input)
    {
    //regex from http://stackoverflow.com/a/1636354/2343 how to identify a given string is hex color format
    if(Regex.Match(input,"^#(?:[0-9a-fA-F]{3}){1,2}$").Success)
    return true;var result = System.Drawing.Color.FromName(input);
    return result.IsKnownColor;
    }

18. can i copy this and paste in the cs ?

19. You're a baller. Regex is always the answer :p I'll get this added in the next update.

Unless you know what you're doing. But since you asked that question, I doubt it. Can you? :p

20. I prefer it when they add it with the next update;)
    Many Thanks !!!!