ColouredNames

Moved

Total Downloads: 4,813 - First Release: Sep 30, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 29, 2017

5/5, 13 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Do you have other chat plugins installed?

2. Yes, BetterSay but even with BetterSay disabled ColouredNames is not working.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What steps have you taken to test it?

4. I have removed the plugin BetterSay from the plugins folder (Unloaded message confirmed it being unloaded in console) and typed in rust chat - same outcome - default rust chat color was used.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

BetterSay wouldn't be related, that's only for the /say command and such. I meant what steps you took to setup this plugin and test it and what you've done to verify that it was still setup properly.

6. I mean the plugin has been working flawlessly before todays update and I haven't changed anything at all.

But still;
    - The plugin is correctly located in the servers responsible /plugins/ folder
    - The plugin shows as loaded in the server console (verified by reloading it via 'o.reload ColouredNames'
    - Other plugins with the same installment setup are working properly, like e.g. BetterSay
    - I dont have any other chat plugins installed other than these two (no, I don't have BetterChat)

As I said, the plugin was working fine until todays update. It just happened to stop working after updating Oxide today.

7. I figured it out - when you write only 1 letter it doesn't work at all, but if you write more than 1 character the plugin works correctly!

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's an Oxide issue that is already resolved in upcoming builds.

9. Good to hear, thanks for the support. Keep up the good work.

10. player not found

11. Thank you for the Plugin.

I don't know why the favoritism to colour versus color but even as a Canadian, I can't help but prefer Color for globalization, especially since its mostly Americans that play on my server. That being said, I've replaced Colour and colour throughout the Plugin while keeping everything else the same so that /color can be used instead of /colour.

To do the same, download the latest version, and replace the same parts using Notepad++ or any other advanced editor. Search and Replace colour with colour and do the same for Colour with Colour since its case sensitive and upload the plugin. Everything will be the same except that instead of Colour, it'll be Color. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2018
  12. I cannot set permissions at all. I want anyone to change their own name color. Please assist.

13. hello, i use RustAdmin, is it possible to show in the ChatTab the default chat AND the coloured players chat ?

14. "You may use any colour used in HTML"

bool IsValidColour(string input) => Regex.Match(input, colourRegex).Success || System.Drawing.Color.FromName(input).IsKnownColor;

Are you sure it's not just names from this list?

Oxide API for Rust

Because if you use names like pink (allowed in html), the chat show broken messages.

15. @PsychoTea Would it be possible to add the option to use steamid as well as names.

Also it appears the in game clear/remove command does not appear to work.