ColouredNames

Moved

Total Downloads: 4,813 - First Release: Sep 30, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 29, 2017

5/5, 13 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated ColouredNames with a new update entry:

2. (19:33:00) | ColouredNames was compiled successfully in 2811ms

(19:33:00) | Loaded plugin ColouredNames v1.2.1 by PsychoTea

(19:33:00) | Failed to initialize plugin 'ColouredNames v1.2.1' (FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format)

(19:33:00) | Unloaded plugin ColouredNames v1.2.1 by PsychoTea

(19:33:00) | No previous version to rollback plugin: ColouredNames

I get this problem now, with the newest version.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated ColouredNames with a new update entry:

4. It's still not working, same error. Sorry for the bother, I just have no idea how to fix it myself. Failed to initialize is what it says.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I can't reproduce it your issue, but looks like I had it updated correctly before as well. Could you check your oxide/logs for the full error please?

6. Code:
    20:01 [Debug] Load requested for plugin which is already loading: ColouredNames
    20:01 [Info] ColouredNames was compiled successfully in 2824ms
    20:01 [Info] Loaded plugin ColouredNames v1.2.1 by PsychoTea
    20:01 [Stacktrace] ExType: JsonSerializationException
    20:01 [Error] Failed to initialize plugin 'ColouredNames v1.2.1' (FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format)
    20:01 [Stacktrace]   at System.UInt64.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.UInt64.Parse (System.String s, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Convert.ToUInt64 (System.String value, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToUInt64 (IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Convert.ToType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider, Boolean try_target_to_type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Convert.ChangeType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType (Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader reader, System.Object value, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture, Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonContract contract, System.Type targetType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    20:01 [Info] Unloaded plugin ColouredNames v1.2.1 by PsychoTea
    20:01 [Info] No previous version to rollback plugin: ColouredNames
    I'm sorry, didn't know it was just on my end. No idea what the issue is, has been working fine prior to today.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you upload your oxide/data file here for the plugin please?

8. Here you go, thanks for your help. Hopefully this is what you meant.

Attached Files:

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Someone set their color to {red}; you'd need to remove those { and }. Ideally that's something the plugin could probably strip and handle though. @PsychoTea

To remove them, unload the plugin and manually remove the { and }, then load the plugin again.

10. Alright. That didn't work for me (assume I did something wrong) but I just deleted the entire data file and then it worked after reloading it. The icons on it are still messed up though:
    http://i.imgur.com/Dr2sStQ.png

This started happening today after the Rust update.

11. Is there a command for the console?

12. Error is because the Rust devs have been at it changing function names (again). I'll try and push an update shortly - it's only a simple fix. Name avatars should still work fine unless something has changed with the last update.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I posted an update for that last night.

14. Thanks Wulf, the comment from your update didn't show for me until I just now. Thanks alot for fixing it for me - I appreciate it.

I tried to work through every way players could abuse it, but abusing it via the JSON deserializer was not something I'd though of. Aside from curly braces which I can remove, are there any other characters I should be aware of @Wulf?

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Well, any symbols other than what you need for colors would cause invalid color tags, but { and } are the only ones that would cause issues with formatting text if using string.Format or whatever.

16. PsychoTea updated ColouredNames with a new update entry:

v1.2.2

[DOUBLEPOST=1489168246][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Invalid colour tags just show as white so it's fairly obvious to the player they fucked something up. I've removed curly braces in the last update so should be all good now (hopefully).

17. Icon bug, I changed a players color and now my icon shows next to his name, also one see's his on everyones name

18. PsychoTea updated ColouredNames with a new update entry:

v1.2.3

19. Is there a way to make someone have a colored name using the console instead of chat?

20. The addition of the viewcolors but it would also be necessary that the names appear in the console F1