ColouredNames

Moved

Total Downloads: 4,813 - First Release: Sep 30, 2015 - Last Update: Mar 29, 2017

5/5, 13 likes
  1. What are you trying to do? I'd recommend you don't edit the data file to edit the plugin. If you wish to remove or change a players' colour use the built in command.

2. I'm trying to figure out why I'm getting double messages. I see one message all in white and another with the color I chose. I've disabled BetterSay, BetterChat and ChatHead to see if it was due to them.

Any ideas?

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

ChatHead doesn't modify the chat. You will get duplicates with BetterChat, which does essentially the same thing as this, so I'd pick one or the other.

4. Calling hook OnPlayerChat resulted in a conflict between the following plugins: RustCore - True (Boolean), ColouredNames (True (Boolean))
    [DOUBLEPOST=1488044166][/DOUBLEPOST]I disabled BetterChat though. This message might be a lead. What's RustCore?

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That would be Oxide. Are you using any other universal plugins?

6. RustCore is BetterChat. Make sure you've fully removed BetterChat from your plugins folder.

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

RustCore is Oxide, not BetterChat. It could be from any universal plugin using a conflicting universal hook.

8. I removed all files related to Better chat. I get the same error and duplicated chat messages. There's no other chat related mods on the server as far as I know.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1488044861][/DOUBLEPOST]
    What are some examples of universal plugins that might be related? Popular ones?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Search your plugins for "OnUserChat".

10. It comes up with UFilter, disabled it and no more issues. UFilter is essential to me though...so I guess I can't use this mod unfortunately :(

11. I'de just like to add a name or a note to the steam id so i know what and whos it is.

12. This isn't really possible. I'd recommend just copying the data file into a different text file and writing notes there.

13. Сompatibility is planned for a BetterChat?

14. Not sure compatibility would even be possible. Not much reason to anyway seeing as you can already set players' name colours with BetterChat - this is more of a 'just for fun' plugin.

15. BetterChat makes it possible to set the color of the group, and it is necessary to VIP players themselves could expose himself color.
    All the same, this can be a plug-in module is the same as the BetterChatMute.

16. The only hook we get access to is OnBetterChat, which gives us the player object and the message string. There's no actual way to edit the players' name via this. The developer of BetterChat would have to add this option them self.

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There are numerous methods in it for editing the names; Laser has a whole "API" setup with it.

18. Can you do something as simple as changing the colour of their name without having to change any groups or anything? I don't want to be messing up people's groups every time they change their colour lol.

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That'd be a question for @LaserHydra.

20. I got an error today with the server after the update saying, "(17:22:32) | Error while compiling: ColouredNames.cs(144,57): error CS1955: The member `BasePlayer.IsAdmin' cannot be used as method or delegate."

The name colors all work, but for some reason with the plugin enabled it makes it so people's Steam avatars don't show up. If this has a simple fix, sorry for the dumb question.