1. Just configured a server with a few plugins and been playing on it 2 days now, i have the exact same setup on my home pc, now suddenly in the middle of the night something must have happened, i get this error like 3 seconds after connecting ("Disconnected: Packet Flooding: Client command") and rcon gives me "Client without connection tried to run command: ddraw.arrow "0.1" "1,1,1,1" "-385.9076,59.98323,-439.6996" "-385.9076,44.98323,-439.6996" "4""....... nobody can connect, wiped the server and its been fine for like 2 hours, now same shit again?? Any fix for this??? serverfiles are all the same on my pc, localhost connection works just fine....

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Find plugins using the "ddraw.arrow" command and either remove the plugin or disable that feature. That command can only be sent to admin.

3. Fixed --> Inbound.cs
    [DOUBLEPOST=1502381981][/DOUBLEPOST]
    THX

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There's a setting in the config for it too.

5. I deleted Inbound.cs and Inbound.json, now server is running just fine, no more problems.

6. Please see the following post:
    Building Grades | Page 20 | Oxide
    I've posted about the issue a few times. I ended up writing my own bandaid fix. I set a hard limit to 6k so huge bases aren't allowed to /up. You could probably increase the number to 10k or so. Biscuit posted a fix on page 18 which implements a cooldown. Helps with CPU usage.

7. Thanks. Ill keep this in mind.

8. noone knows not even facepunch

9. I got kicked from server for packet flood but it's not my server can any one help me in this

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Contact the server owner.

11. Is this still an issue for others? I have increased the packets and lowered the ticks but players are still being kicked

12. Stillñ happens here on a modded server:

✞KAcM✞ kicked: Packet Flooding: Player Tick
    GodyMen☢ CSGO64.com kicked: Packet Flooding: Player Tick
    Lucho kicked: Packet Flooding: Player Tick2fps, 9h1m56s

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2017
  13. Do not modify your tick rate beyond 30 as it will cause server instability and decreased client performance. The higher the value the more packets are sent per second. The max tick rate is in place to protect the stability of your server and it should not be configured unless an issue absolutely warrants it.

Windows default: 10
    Linux default 30

If this issue is happening on either of these configurations I would look into plugins and ensure they're all up to date. Common causes of this issue are from plugins that alter the spawn handler or simply mass spawning/delete nodes.

14. iDeath im thinking in the Cornucopia Plugin..but is my only solution for having more animals on server

15. @Mr.T (quienmeroboeluser) There's hard caps forced by unity that will not let you have more animals spawned than the handler allows. If you spawn in animals manually it will force the spawn handler to stop spawning all together. The best solution is to increase your spawn max rate and density which will also increase for all nodes so be careful. Here's the permission nodes as well as their default configuration so you so choose to revert.
    Code:
    spawn.max_density         (1)
    spawn.max_rate            (1)
    spawn.min_density         (0.5)
    spawn.min_rate            (0.5)
    Common issues for animals to not spawn are from nav grid cells not baking properly or too many player-born structures. Animals will not spawn in proximity to buildings.

If your server host can allocate enough resources I recommend altering the following variables to improve AI spawn and pathfinding
    Code:
    aimanager.ai_dormant false
    ^ This by default is set to true. When a player is not in range AI will become dormant and not move making an unrealistic environment. Having this set to false will allow them to navigate between grid cells giving you more sense of life.aimanager.nav_grid false
    ^ This by default is set to true. This will disable the procedural generation of navmesh patches and instead bake a single large mesh for agents to navigate. This will decrease variety but will increase the overall population.
    Be warned, the above alterations will alter server and client performance but increase your AI count.

PS: Remove the IPs in your previous post. We don't want your player's information floating around.

16. Thanks a lot for your tips..just unloaded Cornucopia and follow your steps..lets see if server stop kicking players!!!

17. I don't understand why we have : Packet Flooding: Player Tick
    I hosted my dedicated server on vps, 40% of my CPU and 45% of RAM...
    Do you know how to resolve it?

18. This is a new DoS attack that has emerged 3 to 4 weeks ago.

19. @Crapoutz It doesn't matter the available server resources it all depends on your max tick rate. The max tick rate determines how many packets are sent per second which sync's your local network with the server's network. This could be caused by plugins generally or simply just trying to do too many things at once. If you do change the max tick rate do not exceed 30 otherwise your server will lag to hell.

@Rusty This is not a "new" ddos attack as anything with an open port and an occupied socket can be ddos'd. Generally, when being attacked by packet flooding the server will completely disconnect from the socket before max tick rate is enforced but in some cases, the attack may have been aborted or just a short-lived duration which triggered the event while still remaining connected.

20. If you say so. Cheers.