1. @Wulf,

What do you know about this? and if you do know can ya maybe tell me how to fix it. My host says it may be a plugin corrupted or something ?

all players get kicked from server for the below reason, and server becomes unresponsive, but doesn't crash.

Reason: Kicked: Packet Flooding

Thanks

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Plugins do not send packets to the server, so it's unlikely to be a plugin.

3. This is an attempt to stop the recent exploit known as the "DOS" attack. It's when the player sends a shed load of RPC messages or some shit. The result was a laggy server that was similar to a DDOS attack.

That kick is there to prevent the server from lagging.

4. was there an exploit fix update to fix this ?

cause really, I have 2 servers and its only having on one of them.

5. The kicks are the method to prevent it, so yes.

6. I figured out why we're getting packet flooding kicks. Building Grades 0.3.9 is causing it, If the building it a huge build and you use the up or down command. You get lag, then get kicked for packet flooding, and then it up or downs the build.

EDIT: apparently when my admin used /remove all to delete a huge base on the second server it kicked everyone for packet flooding also. so Im guessing those plugins when the build is really huge sets that packet flood kick somehow

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  7. Those plugins are known to cause lag. /up is only for admins really, but can be assigned to players but isn't really reccomended imo...

You don't use /remove all for large bases, you use /remove structure.

8. yeah I know they cause lag, which in fact before I changed hosts and before the update. They worked just fine. I never knew about /remove structure so thanks for that info :)

9. I got kicked from my server for packet flood, just sitting idle in my little admin base... which seems very odd. The last commands i had run were vanish and noclip, a few minutes before I got kicked.

10. I recently upgraded my internet connection and the hardware for the server and am now having issues with players being kicked due to Packet Flooding. I am trying to populate this server but noone is going to stay around if they keep getting kicked due to this. Is there some way to fix this?

Attached Files:

11. We're getting it too. :( I read somewhere that it occurs when an action happens to close together to cause spam. Like the invalid attacks that some bullets send off. Too many of those causes it to do it as a "dDoS prevention method." I'm wondering if there's a way to disable that. It's a maxflood convar.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1498240523][/DOUBLEPOST]This is from Devblog 115:

Server Flooding Protection
    André Straubmeier
    Players have to send a bunch of info, like their position, in regular intervals to the server and there are certain situations and exploits that can flood the server with those types of messages. While we can and should address those on the client, I also added a second layer of protection to the server this week. Players that send too many ticks in a short period of time are now automatically kicked. Server owners can adjust that threshold with the maxflood convar, but the default value seemed to give plenty of room to account for any connection quality fluctuations.

12. They also did this on the latest update. This is why they're being kicked. There should be commands somewhere to change it from 300 back to 1000.

Lowered maxtickspersecond to 300 (from 1000)
    Increased maxpacketspersecond to 1500 (from 1000)

13. maxtickspersecond and maxpacketspersecond are the commands...

14. Thanks guys this was very informative. I have set the maxtickspersecond to 1500. We will see how that does. In any event I now know how to adjust it. Thanks again I think this may have solved my issue.

15. Awesome thank you tons!

16. Hello I have the problem that is on my Vanilla servers, someone has an idea how I can fix the problem?

17. Guys such a problem on the server. People play where that 1 hour or min 30 passes and everyone kicks from the server and writes Kicked: Packet Flooding Player Tick. Maybe someone knows how to solve this problem.

18. did this work for you guys? we tried but things got super laggy

19. Then your server specs are likely the cause for the lag, I recommend upgrading your server or upgrading your resources with your shared host.

20. I just started experiencing this same issue. Any suggestions or resolutions?