Building Grades

Allows admins to easily upgrade or downgrade an entire building

Total Downloads: 21,382 - First Release: Apr 3, 2015 - Last Update: Apr 19, 2018

5/5, 49 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The plugin most likely isn't loaded then. Check your oxide/logs for errors and any indication the plugin is trying to load. If you see nothing in your logs related to the plugin, then the plugin likely isn't installed in the right location.

2. This is what I found in the logs:
    15:25 [Info] Build was compiled successfully in 375ms
    15:25 [Info] Loaded plugin Build v1.1.8 by Reneb & NoGrod
    15:25 [Info] [Build] Build: Creating a new config file
    15:25 [Warning] Calling 'OnServerInitialized' on 'Build v1.1.8' took 10663ms
    15:25 [Warning] Calling 'OnServerInitialized' on 'Build v1.1.8' took average 0ms
    15:25 [Warning] Calling 'Unload' on 'Build v1.1.8' took 200ms
    15:25 [Info] Unloaded plugin Build v1.1.8 by Reneb & NoGrod
    15:25 [Info] Loaded plugin Build v1.1.8 by Reneb & NoGrod

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Looks like it's not in the right location then.

4. Hi! I have two buildings next to each other, like 10-20 meters. The problem is, when i upgrade/downgrade one of the buildings i need. the other one changes too... even tho they are not connected. Is this supposed to happen? Also Is there a way to just upgrade/downgrade one part of the building? Like 1 wall im currently looking at? Maybe some commands, im not aware of? Kinda new to Rust. Thanks :)

5. Can we get a config option for max batch size? Finding that any base around maybe 15k+ entities this happens to every person on the server when the command is called. Easy to grief a server.

6. solved my own issue with a bit of code.

7. How did you end up fixing it?

8. i love the plugin but has 2 major issues which can be fixed
    1. spamming /up on big bases will cause your server cpu to spike. some players were doing it during it to counter raid. i've had my server crash because of it.
    fix: page 18, @S0N_0F_BISCUIT is offering code that introduces a server-wide cooldown and a player-cooldown to even out the cpu usage. my server has a 30 sec cooldown for the server and a 5min player cooldown.

2. using /up or down on high entity count bases will cause packet flood kick to occur to every person on the server. another way to easily grief.
    fix: you could use entitylimit plugin i guess.. but i didn't necessarily want to limit overall entity count.. just the entity count in order to use /up.
    my fix: added code that checks the entity count of the job they are trying to do and informs the player of the count. if its above like 6k then it stops there and tells them to remove x entities in order to do the job. took some custom entries in the lang file as well.

add this:
    //Block Slash Up if entity count too high.
    var entitylimit = 6000;
    if (all_blocks.Count <= entitylimit)
    PrintMessage(player, "EntityLimitWarn", all_blocks.Count, entitylimit);
    else
    {
    var entitiestoremove = all_blocks.Count - entitylimit;
    PrintMessage(player, "EntityLimit", all_blocks.Count, entitylimit, entitiestoremove);
    return;
    }

above the line:
    var allowed = player.IsAdmin || permission.UserHasPermission(player.UserIDString, PermOwner);

and then the following:
    {"EntityLimitWarn", "EntityCount: {0}. There is a {1} entity limit for bases. Sell excess materials in town."},
    {"EntityLimit", "<color=yellow>EntityCount: {0}.</color> <color=red>Entity limit of {1} has been exceeded for the current base. To up or downgrade you must remove {2} entities.</color>"},

within the lang.registermessages area.

when i get some time i'll figure out how to get the entity limit into the config file. i don't know how to code too well.. so it took me a few hours and its probably a bit dirty but seems to work. the alternative was removing the plugin from my server. hopefully these features will eventually get introduced into the official version as it can get confusing having more than 1 version of the plugin floating around. i am not sure who maintains this plugin but hopefully they will see this and add some grief protection.

9. Any idea how i can turn off that admins upgrade for free? I've removed the buildinggrades.nocost permission but it's still upgrading for free.
    Yes I tried to reload the plugin after revoking permission.

10. no one have any idea on the above?

11. just wondering how to let everyone in the server use /up

12. Permissions:
    buildinggrades.cangrade
    - allows to use commands
    buildinggrades.nocost - allows free upgrading
    buildinggrades.owner - allows up-/downgrading of not owned blocks
    give your default the required permission(s)

13. Hello! I want to take away all the rights to use the plugin from ordinary players, but leave it to the admin. How to do it? What commands to use?

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Using the Oxide permission system | Oxide

Revoke it from the people/groups you assigned it to and only grant it to those you want.

15. Is there any way for me as the owner of the server to make it so that when I /up it actually costs me instead of it being free? Cause it's really freaking annoying that I have to use /bgrade but then if I wanna go a tier higher I gotta go to every piece.

16. I think all you'd have to do is edit this line:
    Code:
    if (increment && !player.IsAdmin && !permission.UserHasPermission(player.UserIDString, PermNoCost))
    and change it to this:
    Code:
    if (increment && !permission.UserHasPermission(player.UserIDString, PermNoCost))
    I haven't tested it, but it should make it so that it'll only be free if you have the nocost permission.

17. Hi @Wulf, I'm not sure if this is still maintained (guessing not), as it's currently not usable in this state. This plugin allows users to bypass the twig-only building in building blocked zones.

Using CanBuild(), I've modified this plugin to check if building permissions are there, and if not, print an error message to the user and prevent them from upgrading the twig.

Any chance this can be submitted?

Cheers!

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

We don't accept forks of plugins, but if there are changes you'd like to see made then you're welcome to suggest them.

19. Is there a way to edit the range of the up command? Currently it is a little crazy.