1. Alright. I can officially confirm this happens on New Player Joining if they have not joined since Wipe.

Console as shown with obvious edits.

IP Redacted/USERID Redacted/Bacon joined [windows/USERIDREDACTED]
    Bacon[IP Redacted/USERID Redacted] has entered the game
    IP Redacted/USERID Redacted/SDJIMMYZ kicked: Packet Flooding: Player Tick
    IP Redacted/USERID Redacted/PHILLATIO kicked: Packet Flooding: Player Tick
    IP Redacted/USERID Redacted/6401integramandj kicked: Packet Flooding: Player Tick
    IP Redacted/USERID Redacted/zerohazzles kicked: Packet Flooding: Player Tick
    IP Redacted/USERID Redacted/DO YOU WANNNA WEAR COOL CLOTHES? kicked: Packet Flooding: Player Tick
    IP Redacted/USERID Redacted/North kicked: Packet Flooding: Player Tick

Can anyone explain to me how this does NOT kick the new user (Since Wipe) but drops everyone else?

I could understand if it kicked the new player too, but this is boggling my brain! lol.

I'm not so much angry as just flabbergasted on what the heck is causing this.

I even updated Economics to the absolute newest version just in case it was a "Give RP On Join" issue.

I cry.

2. i do still belive it's associated with oxide core update we'll see. Why? because we had no such that problem 1 week ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2018
  3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide's files have not changed in weeks, so very unlikely. Only changes in months have all been from Rust on minor hook changes, nothing that is related to this. Also, Oxide sends no packet or commands itself, plugins would have to.

4. Thank you for spending time on us Wulf. We're still in the trouble though;
    *ConnectionDatabase
    *PlayerRankings
    *ConnectMessages
    may be causing the problem. i hope you will investige about those plugins.
    The main problem is who is connected as a new player and that causing the some of players are disconnected.

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Unlikely, but a quick test would be to remove them.

6. nope not admin abuse seems since yesterdays update a lot of people are experiencing it.There is a subreddit post regarding it.
    Only way to fix it was to uninstall steam and reinstall steam then the game.

7. Use the same plugins and I have the same problem. Players are randomly being kicked. Only on one server however, which is leading me to think it was an issue with the oxide installation... Who knows tho.

UPDATE 1; Host uses windows server 2012 (down below uses Linux (Debian))

8. The same problem (Linux Debian)
    0.0.0.0:20977/765*11*81*874*434/PlayerName1 kicked: Steam: AuthTicketCanceled
    0.0.0.0:52146/765*11*82*038*340/PlayerName2 kicked: Packet Flooding: Player Tick
    0.0.0.0:52146/765*11*82*038*340/PlayerName2 kicked: Packet Flooding: Player Tick

Some player can play normaly and some not, to first death... And then kicked: Steam: AuthTicketCanceled

Anybody have solution?

9. Packet Flooding: Player Tick for everyone once in a while

10. The only one of those three that I have is PlayerRanks and my players are getting kicked too. I just deleted the plugin, now we wait for someone to die!

Still happening. It's only 1 player though, they reach the "Receiving Data" screen and it crashes Rust.

11. i don't have any of those plugins and we've had this happen 3 times on Dharma 1337 this morning. anyone have more information on this?

12. Looks like the latest Rust server/client update has solved this one

13. i'm still waiting for gameservers to add proper update. :( i hope this will fix the issue.

14. I was hoping it had. Updated, frame rate seemed better, had 7 on then BAM, as soon as one new person joined it dropped every with the same Packet Flood Tick Rate issue. I spent all day yesterday removing plugins and testing and it did nothing.

I am at a total loss

15. Recieving data - same issue as i posted about.
    Uninstall Steam - reinstall then reinstall game and all is good

Its Steam that is causin that crash.

Steam keeps closing - Help Me

16. Problem still persist. The latest update didn't fix anything.

17. If your using NoWorkbench i suggest you update the code to this, it seems to have fix the player tick issue. players haven't disconnected after i updated the code. NoWorkbench scroll down to the last post.

18. Hi, i don't use no workbench plugin. It's more like a ConnectionDB issue. When registering a newplayer some of other players are disconnecting.

19. How did you update it? I tried the NoWorkbench fix (not sure if I did it right but it wasnt giving me errors) about 10 minutes after, someone new since wipe joined and kicked everyone again for packet flood.

I agree with the ConnectionDB or some similar issue. Something about new players takes too long to register, once they have logged in, they can log out and back with no issues to themselves or anyone else.