NoDecay

Scales or disables decay of items, and deployables.

Total Downloads: 25,072 - First Release: Jun 25, 2015 - Last Update: Jul 13, 2018

5/5, 54 likes
  1. I am not getting a config file. Says it compiled correctly. Just not seeing a config file to config the rates. Let me know if I may be doing something wrong

2. Are you using the latest version? The initial version did not have a config file. Make sure you download the latest version!

3. Quick heads up as it seems this plugin not working after todays update.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Are you getting any errors in your oxide/logs?

5. Working fine on my end from what I can see. What's the issue? You getting errors?

6. no errors or anything, just my foundations are loosing health.

7. What's your config? By default twig has normal decay btw...

8. Code:
    {
      "Debug": {
      "outputToRcon": false
      },
      "Mutipliers": {
      "armoredMultiplier": 0.0,
      "sheetMultiplier": 0.0,
      "stoneMultiplier": 0.0,
      "twigMultiplier": 1.0,
      "woodMultiplier": 0.0
      }
    }

9. Looks like the default config... Try setting "outputToRcon" to true and look at rcon (with Rusty or something similar). Let me know if you see events being triggered.

10. Im getting a constant stream of this errors

[Oxide] 11:57 AM [Info] [NoDecay] Decay (stone) before: 0.5 after: 0
    [Oxide] 11:57 AM [Info] [NoDecay] Decay (armored) before: 0.009999931 after: 0
    [Oxide] 11:57 AM [Info] [NoDecay] Decay (stone) before: 0.25 after: 0

11. These are not errors, these are the mod doing it's job. You can turn the setting back to false.

I don't see a problem here and I don't see how you could still get decay... Were you testing with twig? The default config does not stop twig decay, as mentioned before. Are you sure you are getting decay? Could it be that your server auto-updated and your Oxide wasn't active for a little while, allowing structures to decay for a few hours yesterday? The output you see there lists ALL the non-twig decay damage that occurs (before and after being modified by the mod). As you can see for yourself, everything is zero after being processed, so the mod is doing it's job.

Were any of the foundations you were looking at underwater or in a radiation zone? I'm wondering if they changed something related to that, could it be the foundations are getting some other type of damage over time? If you want I can make you a small script that will output all foundation damage as it occurs, it might give you a hint as to what is going on. Could be some other mod or an undocumented change by facepunch, I dunno.

One thing is sure is that I have that mod running on my server and I got no complaints. I have 2 bases on there and every foundation on both of them is still 100%. Lots of people are using the mod on here as well and you're the only one that reported an issue.. Not sure what's going on!

12. cheers for your reply, yes was underwater foundations and other people on the server reported their foundations losing health straight after the update so i assumed the plugin was playing silly buggers so reported it here. Ive had a wizz round the map checking other buildings and yes foundations lost health, but not drastic and it seems to of stopped like on 495 stone and 995, armor. :/ I dont know if it was another plugin i was using conflicting with it or what not, but it seems ok, i can live with it. cheers for your help anyway.

13. Are underwater foundations still getting damage though? Water didn't do damage to structures in previous patches but they might have changed that.. If you are getting damage over time from water, I'll add water decay resistance to the mod.

Does your server have -autoupdate on as a starting param? If you do, the game will auto-install updates as they become available but this will wipe Oxide off and your server will be running without mods until you install the new version of Oxide. I'm pretty sure this is what happened to your server.. The update hit much earlier than usual this Thursday, so perhaps when you came around and updated it, it had already auto-updated and had been running mod-less for a couple hours (or even minutes, 5 hp doesn't seem like much), allowing the stock decay to nibble at all structures on the server for a little bit.

14. I rent my server from multiplay, they do all the updating, or half the time i have to download the update for each plugin which is not working properly and send them the file. I dont know what the issue was, i went round my water base and checked most foundations and they were all between 995-998,. I have had a couple of server problem, so maybe that could of caused the issue, but i dont think its anything to worry about now as it seems fine.

15. Cool, like I said, pretty sure your server simply ran without mods for a small duration and this caused the stuff to decay. Anyways glad to hear it's all good ;)

16. Deicide666ra updated NoDecay with a new update entry:

Added campfires to the mod and config

17. Couple requests, not sure how feasible (or even possible) these are:
    1: Is there any way you could implement an option to make the decay like Legacy. (i.e. if a door touching the structure is opened once every 2 days, then no decay on entire structure, if no doors are opened and 2 days pass, then foundations decay like normal)

2: Mod Settings configurable through Rcon commands.

Thanks for help, and Great job on the mod so far!

18. 1. I've been wanting to do that but it's a lot of work and would be hard not to impact performance.. It's on my todo list but I'm secretely hoping facepunch does it before I do hehe

2. I don't plan on doing this for this mod, I don't think admins need to change those settings on regular basis so ftp config is fine.. Unless you suggest a scenario where it would be significantly better..?

19. The reason for the Rcon config is my friend is hosting this server, but wants me to run it. I had him install the mods, but I can't configure some of them because he doesn't give me access to that side of things, just Rcon access. If it's tough to do, then no worries. I can have my friend edit the Json's, he's just not available very often.

Thanks for the response!

20. Well like I said it's pretty unlikely that you'll ever need to retouch that config once you've set it up initially... so I don't see a big gain in it :)