NoDecay

Scales or disables decay of items, and deployables.

Total Downloads: 25,072 - First Release: Jun 25, 2015 - Last Update: Jul 13, 2018

5/5, 54 likes
  1. Does this still work with TwigsDecay? Also does this affect all foundation or just outside edge foundations?

2. It should work with TwigsDecay, that said, depending on the settings NoDecay could cancel some of TwigDecay's work. If you set Stone to zero in NoDecay and have stone decay in TwigsDecay, Stone will NOT decay. You can however have TwigsDecay decay all twig and just leave NoDecay twig to 1 and you'll be fine.

NoDecay adjusts decay on ALL entities that get Decay damage. That said, inner foundations (in vanilla) do not decay, so technically it only controls decay on outside foundations. Only exception to this would be if you are using TwigsDecay, I assume this plugin decays ALL twig parts, regardeless of where they are placed.

3. That is absolutely perfect for me. Thanks for the response.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440141853,1440112537][/DOUBLEPOST]I have stone set to zero in TwigsDecay and to 0.8 in NoDecay but it does not appear to be decaying stone foundations. Any thoughts?

4. I don't know TwigsDecay all that much, I did review it's code a while back real quick to better understand what the plugin does, but it's a bit far. It's possible that it cancels normal decay and replaces it with it's own form of it, I'm not sure?

In NoDecay there's an option to enable debug output.. It'll spew out a lot of info so don't let it run like that more than a couple min just to figure what's up. It should show you the before and after damage for any incoming decay damage. Let me know if anything abnormal sticks out in there. Normally you'll see a after thats 0.8x the before for stone if configured as you said.

5. TwigsDecay does cancel normal decay. I'll check the debug info.

6. Have you added support for decay of high walls as they do now decay. Would like to try your plugin but mainly wanting to reduce how quickly high walls are decaying in game. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
  7. I'll update it tonight

8. Thank you. I look forward to the update and thank you for your hard work on this plugin!

9. what are the commands to change decay levels please

10. The plugin currently has no commands you need to configure the JSON config manually and reload the plugin for the change to take effect.

11. Deicide666ra updated NoDecay with a new update entry:

12. How does this work now with the changes to vanilla decay?

13. I haven't had a chance to check how the new system works exactly, but if the decay is still Decay damage, then it should work as it always did.

14. Could you tell me the range of the settings and their meaning. I would assume 0.0 is no decay and 1.0 would be normal decay and anything beyond that would increase decay rate. Seems the decay keeps getting tweaked along the lines on the Dev side from knee jerk reactions to complaints. My players tell me their homes/bases are falling apart with in hours of completion. With such a touchy thing, I dont want to tinker with the settings and destroy peoples progress.

I have read alot of the questions here and am still not too sure of what the settings would be. THX.

15. Default settings for the plugin config have only TWIG foundations and related decay at 1x the normal decayrate. Everything is else is zero decay or NoDecay as the plugin name indicates. You're correct 1.0 is 1x normal decayrate and 2.0 would be 2x, etc.

16. Like Samsonite said, 0 = no decay whatsoever, 1= normal , 2= double rate, etc.

I didn't check the new system much but from what I read, both the rate at which it decays and the "timeout" period are way too "fast" in my opinion. Back in Legacy you had a full 48 hrs before things started to decay and even then it wasn't fast, it took several days for a base to go.. But now it seems 24 hrs stone is going and real fast and you loose your whole base in 2-3 days.

Anyways, I run no decay at all on mine except twig.. it's low pop so I don't have to deal with collider issues.

17. Hi.

I don t really understand the aim of the plugin.

Could it prevent what we think happened on our server : tower collapsed and we don t understand why... was it due to degradation... 100% degradation = collapse of the structure ? And then I have to install this plugin to avoid that kind of things ?

In case it is, would it cause LAGs on the server ? ( with so many abandonned houses not collapsing ? )

And What would be a smooth setup to allow degradation but maybe slower ?

Thx

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015
  18. Read the latest devblog for info on how decay works. Basically, after X hours all parts on a base start decaying, losing health every X minutes. This plugin can slow, speedup or stop this process.

In your specific case, it sounds very probable that this is what destroyed your tower, but it could be stability or sabotage from a player or team.

19. And did you calculate or see how many hours are needed in the game ( without this plugin ) to make a fundation in wood, stone and armored collapse if no reparation ?

I think this plugin could be usefull then to slow down that process by 2x if possible. Could you tell me what would be the values to be encoded in order to slow down the process by 2 ? thanks again