Building Owners

Sets owners of houses when someone builds a house part

Total Downloads: 12,016 - First Release: Apr 3, 2015 - Last Update: Jul 30, 2016

5/5, 23 likes
  1. Could you tell me how to fix this?
    [07/18/2016 23:28:24] [Oxide] 23:28 [Error] Error while compiling BuildingOwners.cs(56,37): error CS1061: Type `HeldEntity' does not contain a definition for `ownerPlayer' and no extension method `ownerPlayer' of type `HeldEntity' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Update to the latest version of the plugin.

3. Using the latest version i am getting the same error other people are reporting

[Oxide] 20:02 [Error] BuildingOwners plugin failed to compile!
    [Oxide] 20:02 [Error] BuildingOwners.cs(56,37): error CS1061: Type `HeldEntity' does not contain a definition for `GetOwnerPlayer' and no extension method `GetOwnerPlayer' of type `HeldEntity' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

4. you arent using the last rust version.

5. When I try to change owner with the name, then it says "Target Player not found". When I try with SteamID, it works. But when I do the command /built (which allow me to see who owns it), it says it has no owner. When I try to set home, it says the same. This all was done on a copied base.

6. I'm getting a strange set of issues using the R-Remove and Prod (who owns) tools that, I think, originate with the Building Owners plugin. I'm posting in case someone else has a similar issue or solution.

Symptom: Newly built items cannot be removed by the player that just built them. The error message is "You have no rights to remove this". Using the Prod (Who Owns) plug in shows a different player as the owner. I tried this a few times as Admin. Checking immediately after building a foundation a random Player (and it varied each time) was the 'owner'.
    It seems as if either the Building Owner plug-in is misreading the Owner, or the Owner is begin mis-assigned.
    Assigning ownership using /changeowner does work, but requires an admin to check every building.

Details:
    Using R-Remover Tool V 3.0.18 Config set to use Building Owner Only. No Tool Cabinets.
    Using Building Owners V 3.0.1
    Using Prod (Who Owns) v 2.2.2
    Using Oxide 2.0.2206 for Rust 953.85 (1477)
    Using Rust:IO (Not sure how to check the version, but I updated it when I did Oxide2)

Also:
    I'm having a similar issue with a base on my server. It was built a few days ago by someone but the owner is different. When I try to assign ownership using /changeowner I get "Target player not found.". I have tried using both the nickname and SteamID.

7. most likely they are building NEXT to someone else base.
    No reason for this to happen otherwise.
    I have the remover tool on my server with high pop and no one ever reported such an error.

8. Reneb,
    I was talking with you on the copypast plugin about autodoors and remove of pasted doors.
    Since then remove updated and now works. Wulf posted version of auto doors that doesn't have the owner check and that works.

So my question, is there a way to add the ability for the /changeowner command to include all doors, gates, window bars and deployables in the owners building?

9. Nice idea, however I would rather have a fix first for changing owner from a pasted building as that doesn't work.
    Beside that, names aren't recognized, only SteamID.

10. WOW! I didn't know that. Do you mean that some could log into a server and if they change their name to my name they can own my building?
    If that is true, BOTH changes need to be done.

One suggestion I have for you though. This would sorta fix it for now. If you are a server owner or admin, you need the clans plugin. Then recommend that all of your players, even the solo players make a clan tag for themselves. It seems that the clan tag is part of the owner name.
    Only problem with that is people can still just type the clan tag of the players name before the name they are trying to spoof.
    SteamID is the only way. I think that both should be used. This way the admins can type the name of the player they are trying to assist.
    Not too many players ask admins to /changeowner on a building, unless the admin is already pasting a building for thhem. As far as abandoned base takeovers, this could be an issue. The admin would have to know his players and the whole situation.

EDIT: As I look at buildingowners.json in the data directory, all I see are steamID's.
    so I think it's fine. The admin uses the name under /changeowner, or a player builds, and it records the steamID of the player for the structure.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2016
  11. /own all <name> fixed it for me since /changeowner <name/SteamID> is bugged.

12. Thanks for the reply. I understand it shouldn't happen, and yet it does. I've noclipped around the map and put down several foundations. Haven't found a pattern as to who gets assigned 'owner' but it's never me. It's not always the owner of the closest base.

Trying to pin down a source, but my C# knowledge is poor at best. I tried deleting the only data file I could find for the plug-in, /Data/BuildingOwners.json which is a list of building numbers(?) and SteamIDs. When I unload the plugin and delete the file and then load it again, the file gets rebuilt.

Is there another file/database that could have been corrupted? Worse case, I'll just leave the tool out until the next wipe when whatever is amiss in my server gets overwritten.

Edit: The issue seems to affect other plug-ins that do not use the Building Owner's Plugin. It is likely that a bad config or corrupt file on my server is leading to the mis-assignment.
    Does anyone know if/how rust assigns an owner to buildings?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2016
  13. Having the same issue! if u find a fix for it, let me lnow please!

14. How building owner works:
    1) build the first foundation, a NEW buildid is given to this new building. This plugin detects it and sets the builder as the owner of the buildid
    2) build another part of the building, rust detects the already built part and takes it's buildid as his buildid. This way all new parts will take the neighbours buildid as his own, making entire structures with the SAME buildid.

I can't understand why Windamyre you are getting all those errors ... as when the new buildid is given, building owner assigns the builder to the buildid.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1469398802][/DOUBLEPOST]O M F G I KNOW!
    YOU DIDNT WIPE YOUR BUILDING OWNERS DATA!!!
    That's why!!!
    If you don't wipe your building owners data when you wipe the server, all the old data will be saved!!!

@Wulf Where are you with the OnNewSave hook ?

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Adding it right now.

16. awesome :)
    With what Wulf is going to add, it will detect server save wipes and there will be an auto wipe option in this plugin so people won't have to think to wipe it and problems like this wont happen anymore :)

17. This is why you are a Grenade Master, and I am a Naked Wanderer. Thanks for the info! :D

So, is there anyway to wipe the data? I've tried unloading the BuildingOwners plug-in, then deleting oxide/data/BuildingOwners.json and for good measure, oxide/plugins/BuildingOwners.cs. When I reupload the plugin, the same BuildingOwners.json is rebuilt. Do I have to restart the server before uploading the plugin? EDIT: Thanks @Wulf for the feature add!

Additionally, I'm guessing the BuildID number is the first value on the BuildingOwners.json and the SteamID is the second. The BuildID must come from somewhere else in Rust, right? A database that relates individual blocks to the BuildID. I ask because an unrelated plugin, AntiOffline Raid, uses BaseEntity.OwnerID. How does this vary with BuildingOwners?

If the last question is beyond the scope of this thread, I understand. I'm not asking for a lesson in Rust/Oxide programming. ;) I'll start digging through the code and figure stuff out.

18. holy f***ing sh**
    ... They added the ownerid on every entities ...
    So building owners is totally useless now ...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1469413053][/DOUBLEPOST]well ... i'll have to rethink the plugin then.

19. Hello, when someone places an external wall down and 'remove deployables' for stone walls is enabled in remover tool, will only the person who placed the external stone wall be able to remove, or anyone with building privilege? I hope building owners creates its own building ID for depolyables. Thank you.

20. new remover tool update. You will have your answer there