Building Owners

Sets owners of houses when someone builds a house part

Total Downloads: 12,016 - First Release: Apr 3, 2015 - Last Update: Jul 30, 2016

5/5, 23 likes
  1. Reneb updated Building Owners with a new update entry:

2. don't work 1487

3. [08/14/2016 17:14:34] [Oxide] 17:14 [Error] Error while compiling BuildingOwners.cs(56,37): error CS1061: Type `HeldEntity' does not contain a definition for `ownerPlayer' and no extension method `ownerPlayer' of type `HeldEntity' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

4. [08/15/2016 19:33:58] [Oxide] 19:33 [Error] Error while compiling BuildingOwners.cs(56,37): error CS1061: Type `HeldEntity' does not contain a definition for `ownerPlayer' and no extension method `ownerPlayer' of type `HeldEntity' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

5. latest version is 1488 and it works fine.
    don't ask for support if you haven't tried the latest version please.

6. Hi can you add ResourceId? for the updater plugin! Thanks!

7. ResourceId added will be deleted once coder updates it

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2016
  8. Code:
    (12:45:36) | [Oxide] 11:45 [Error] Failed to call hook 'FindBlockData' on plugin 'BuildingOwners v3.0.3' (InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.)
    (12:45:36) | [Oxide] 11:45 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.BuildingOwners.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (12:45:37) | [Oxide] 11:45 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.CustomRemoverTool.OnHammerHit (.BasePlayer player, .HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CustomRemoverTool.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (12:45:37) | [Oxide] 11:45 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.CustomRemoverTool.OnHammerHit (.BasePlayer player, .HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CustomRemoverTool.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (12:45:38) | [Oxide] 11:45 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.CustomRemoverTool.OnHammerHit (.BasePlayer player, .HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (12:45:40) | [Oxide] 11:45 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.CustomRemoverTool.OnHammerHit (.BasePlayer player, .HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (12:45:40) | [Oxide] 11:45 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.CustomRemoverTool.OnHammerHit (.BasePlayer player, .HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (12:45:41) | [Oxide] 11:45 [Debug]   at Oxide.Plugins.CustomRemoverTool.OnHammerHit (.BasePlayer player, .HitInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

9. Installed plugin v3.0.2 - compiled and loaded fine. Attempted to add permission with "grant group admin buildingowners.changeowner" and got message "Permission 'buildingowners.changeowner' doesn't exist"

Added this to plugin at line 45, works now

void Init()
    {
    permission.RegisterPermission(changeownerPermissions, this);
    }

10. Plugin is working very well apart from one detail:

Someone builds a new building and the data file logs the ownership. So far so good.
    -- Someone else destroys the TC and the ownership changes automatically to that player...

This will allow easy "remove" raids for anyone, which is what I want to prevent.
    (I use the R-Remove plugin too)

Is there a way to ensure that building ownership remains persistent unless changed manually by an admin?

Thanks

EDIT: I noticed now that the tests I made also included the friends plugin.. and the player attacking was a friend of the owner, so that could be it.
    -- In any case it should not change building ownership, not even to a friend - right?

11. the ownership never changes unless the admin changes it

12. Ok thanks, it's good to know.
    I suppose it didn't happen exactly as it was described to me.
    I'll replicate this test myself and look closely at the data file changes.

13. Can anyone explain this quick. If I don't run this plugin and just have the RemoverTool, with my RemoverTool config set BuildingOwner: false, can people just run up to other bases and /remove even if they don't have tool cupboard access?

I had a problem that people were able to /remove others bases, so I installed BuildingOwners and it seemed to work/fix the problem, however a few were complaining that when they took over a base, the original owner could still /remove the base even if the building owner doesn't have tool cupboard access.

So If I build a foundation and someone else runs up to it and builds onto my foundation, I get ownership to anything that anyone expands since they are expanding off of MY foundation right?

14. I get the following error:

Code:
    Failed to call hook 'OnServerSave' on plugin 'BuildingOwners v3.0.2' (IOException: Sharing violation on path /home/rustserver/serverfiles/server/rust-server/oxide/data/BuildingOwners.json)
    What does this mean?

15. probably tried to edit the BuildingOwners.json while server was working and it doesnt like that at all

16. It happend overnight, haven't touched that file ever.

17. Hello, having issues removing anything external such as furnaces etc;? 'You have no rights to remove this' and we're using build owners.

Tried removing our custom configuration and it still doesn't work. No errors.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  18. have you think to delete it before your wipe? if not it keep old data's if i good

19. It has been deleted. Are you not having this issue?

20. By time ago yes when i was not clean the buildowner data file but if cleanned Nooo :/ as admin you can normally use /remove admin (depdending of perm or authlvl) to by-pass the owner right, event if that not work you can use build plugin (depdending of perm or authlvl) that by-pass all restriction but take care with it if u use it need learn usage a bit.