Building Owners

Sets owners of houses when someone builds a house part

Total Downloads: 12,016 - First Release: Apr 3, 2015 - Last Update: Jul 30, 2016

5/5, 23 likes
  1. Reneb submitted a new resource:

Building Owners - Set Buildings Owners

Read more about this resource...

2. I just started fresh, downloaded latest rust server files, installed latest oxide files and upon attempting to start the server my console is flooded with the following:

Code:
    [Oxide] 9:54 PM [Error] buildingowners: [string "buildingowners.lua"]:22: attempt to call field 'ConvertAndSetOnArray' (a nil value)
      at NLua.Lua.ThrowExceptionFromError (Int32 oldTop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.Lua.CallFunction (System.Object function, System.Object[] args, System.Type[] returnTypes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] i
    n <filename unknown>:0

[DOUBLEPOST=1414214829][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok, so it seems I was checking the in the wrong place for the latest oxide files. My apologies.[DOUBLEPOST=1414215939][/DOUBLEPOST]Everything seems to be working now (no lua errors at least). Though I did have to start the server first then load the plugin after it started up, but otherwise, no more errors. Sorry again for the confusion, I thought I had the right resource for the latest oxide files[DOUBLEPOST=1414218209][/DOUBLEPOST]fyi, /changeowner is actually /changeowner2

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
  3. Hahaha ok î Forgot to pût back /changeowner :p
    You can't start the plugin on server restart? What does it tell you?

4. I actually got a tonne of spam spamming the screen once enabling this and restarting the server, reloaded the plugin and it stopped - maybe its a on-load config not found error or something /shrug

Glad to see you making excellent plugins in 2.0 Reneb :)

5. Reneb updated Building Owners with a new update entry:

bug fix

[DOUBLEPOST=1414239410][/DOUBLEPOST]Known bug atm:
    Sleeping bags loose there owners when you do /changeowner !!!
    so you will need to tell people to build a new one after.

6. I didn't stop to get a copy of the error as I had about 60 people waiting to get back online so rushed through the startup.. I have to assume that (maybe) it had something to do with existing buildings and not being retroactive or something along those lines, but I can't be sure. I'll go through and update everything then restart the server now with all plugins loaded by default and see if it's still spitting errors on load.

7. Normally mughusi helped me fix the error on start upstart up

8. Getting this error on server start:
    Code:
    [Oxide] 5:23 AM [Error] buildingowners: A .NET exception occured in user-code
      at NLua.Lua.ThrowExceptionFromError (Int32 oldTop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.Lua.CallFunction (System.Object function, System.Object[] args, System.Type[] returnTypes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] i
    n <filename unknown>:0

Server also doesn't complete the startup process after this error. I'm loading a sav file with quite a lot of existing structures so I think it has something to do with that. I don't know enough about the Rust backend or Lua to be of any more help though :/

Plugin loads fine after initial startup as it did before though. r-remover also loads fine after initial startup (I didn't try to load it at startup without buildingowners since it's a dependency).

I'll set up a blank test server and see if it does the same. I'll post back in a few moments.

9. you have the latest version of right?

10. Is 1.1.4 there? File available for download says 1.1.3

11. Reneb updated Building Owners with a new update entry:

sleeping bag bug fix

12. Everything looks to be working good now :)

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but do you think it'll be possible to work with mughusi at some point to make the home parts of his Teleportation System work with this mod so only people who own the building can sethome there?

13. aha ;) yes i guess i could talk to him about it ;)

14. That would be awesome, because as of now, people are setting a home location on top of someone else' home, and when tphome they land inside their house ><

15. I'm rewriting the entire thing so I could implement this as an option, I was planning to block tp'ing on ceilings as well because of that bug.

16. well if you could implement it as an option it would be a good anti glitch by itself ;)

17. I tried on my server and whenever someone builds they get kicked.... Any thoughts?