Building Owners

Sets owners of houses when someone builds a house part

Total Downloads: 12,016 - First Release: Apr 3, 2015 - Last Update: Jul 30, 2016

5/5, 23 likes
  1. yes lol NO idea why it does that!!!
    and no, it's when someone tries to build next to someone else.
    the one building needs to build somewhere his friends aren't or it will kick his friends XD[DOUBLEPOST=1414549085][/DOUBLEPOST]i've looked in the code i have no idea where this comes from --'
    any way i guess i'll have to debug it tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
  2. Hey Boomshay,

I had the same issue, most of the time it works but the odd placement doesn't work and from then on seems to not work for that player. Not sure if its the correct solution but its the only thing I changed to stop DCs on my end.

Try this:
    Code:
    function FindPlayer(entity)
        if(entity == nil) then -- this check stopped the DC on placement for me
            return false
        end 

local arr = util.TableToArray( { entity.transform.position , playerradius } )
        util.ConvertAndSetOnArray(arr, 1, playerradius, System.Single._type)
        local hits = UnityEngine.Physics.OverlapSphere["methodarray"][1]:Invoke(nil,arr)
        local it = hits:GetEnumerator()
        local baseplayer = false
        while (it:MoveNext()) do
            if(it.Current:GetComponent("BasePlayer")) then
                if(baseplayer) then
                    return false, baseplayer, it.Current:GetComponent("BasePlayer"), "If you are not building, please move away, your friend can't build while you are here"
                end
                if(it.Current:GetComponent("BasePlayer").userID and it.Current:GetComponent("BasePlayer").userID ~= "userID") then
                    baseplayer = it.Current:GetComponent("BasePlayer")
                end
            end
        end
        return baseplayer
    end

3. Hmmm no that won't change anything :p
    As i said players get kicked when the builder builds the First foundation next to another player (after placing the first foundation it doesnt kick)

4. The only two changes I made (to your script) was that and this:
    Code:
    function PLUGIN:OnEntitySpawn(entity)
        if(self.ServerInitialized) then
            if(entity:GetComponent("BuildingBlock")) then
                if(self.Config.useByType == 1) then
                    local buildingowner, buildingownername = FindBuildingOwner(entity)
                    if(buildingowner and tostring(buildingowner) ~= "0") then
                        entity:GetComponent("BuildingBlock").deployerUserID = buildingowner
                        entity:GetComponent("BuildingBlock").deployerUserName = buildingownername
                    else
                        local baseplayer, err1, err2, err3 = FindPlayer(entity)
                        if(not baseplayer and err1) then
                            err1:ChatMessage(err3)
                            err2:ChatMessage(err3)
                        end
                        if(not baseplayer) then self:DestroyNewEntity(entity) return end
                        entity:GetComponent("BuildingBlock").deployerUserID = baseplayer.userID
                        entity:GetComponent("BuildingBlock").deployerUserName = baseplayer.displayName
                    end
                elseif(self.Config.useByType == 2) then
                    local baseplayer, err1, err2, err3 = FindPlayer(entity)
                    if(not baseplayer and err1) then
                        err1:ChatMessage(err3)
                        err2:ChatMessage(err3)
                    end
                   -- if(not baseplayer) then self:DestroyNewEntity(entity) return end --Found this commented too
                    entity:GetComponent("BuildingBlock").deployerUserID = baseplayer.userID
                    entity:GetComponent("BuildingBlock").deployerUserName = baseplayer.displayName
                end
            end
        end
    end
    Either way my server has been going 2 / 3 days without 1 dc like this and we build together :)

I have changed this a lot on my own server now but using your original script that worked and still does for me if I test it :p

Like I said it isn't the best solution but id rather it either return or not remove something someone has placed than DC them out right. Maybe I am missing something but it definitely works for me (I use it for remove and door sharing).

5. Well î guess i know what makes the DC !
    Only problem is that now when 2 players build next to each other the building owner Will not be set.
    As you commented the building destruction.

6. Not sure how to get rid of that and there are some more weird issues, like having another players tool or weapon in your inventory can make it place for the other user and not your self.

I've come up with this so far:
    Code:
    function FindPlayer(entity)
        if(entity == nil)then
            return false
        end    local arr = util.TableToArray( { entity.transform.position , playerradius } )
        util.ConvertAndSetOnArray(arr, 1, playerradius, System.Single._type)
        local hits = UnityEngine.Physics.OverlapSphere["methodarray"][1]:Invoke(nil,arr)
        local it = hits:GetEnumerator()
        local baseplayer = false    if(it ~= nil ) then
            while (it:MoveNext()) do
                if(it.Current:GetComponent("BasePlayer")) then
                    if(baseplayer) then
                        global.ConsoleSystem.Broadcast("chat.add \"Server\" \"Ownership failed! User is too far from the placed object or too many surrounding users!\"")  --Broadcast to server there was an issue, all knowing players can move accordingly
                        return false, baseplayer, it.Current:GetComponent("BasePlayer"), "If you are not building, please move away, your friend can't build while you are here"
                    end
                    if(it.Current:GetComponent("BasePlayer").userID and it.Current:GetComponent("BasePlayer").userID ~= "userID") then
                        baseplayer = it.Current:GetComponent("BasePlayer")

if(baseplayer ~= nil) then
                            if(baseplayer.displayName ~= nil) then
                                deployer = global.BasePlayer.Find(baseplayer.displayName)
                                if(deployer == nil) then
                                    global.ConsoleSystem.Broadcast("chat.add \"Server\" \"Ownership failed! User was not found!\"") -- Just in case you never know
                                    return false
                                end
                                deployer:ChatMessage("Owner: " .. baseplayer.displayName) -- Tell the user that it deployed and who it belongs to
                                deployer:ChatMessage("If the owner name is not yours then you have someone elses equipment!") --Inform them if wrong owner how to fix, this part is optional i guess as they will see the incorrect user
                            end
                        end
                    end
                end
            end
        else
            global.ConsoleSystem.Broadcast("chat.add \"Server\" \"Ownership failed! User is too far from the placed object or too many surrounding users!\"")
        end
        return baseplayer
    end
    This should allow users to at least be aware of what the plugin is doing. That way they can fix a wall immediately instead of finding that a level 6 door is not theirs :)

Edit: Yeah Reneb you are correct I am using Type 2.

Will give type 1 a shot, but people like having the ability to build together while being able to remove each others stuff (if friends) and use each others doors (again if friends)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
  7. Lol then it's because you use the type:2.
    This can't be an issue on type 1, as when the First foundation is set, all the building parts Will be hooked to the owner of that foundation.
    It Will not longer test for other players.
    If the First foundation has no owner then the rest of the building Will also have no owner (must use /changeowner to set the owner)

8. Would be good to see this expand to allow owner be set to a group (if/when a group plugin appears), combination of this, group and remove would be helpful... or even just add individual friends as joint owners? either way.. seed planted! my work is done :)

9. Code:
    [Oxide] 9:08 PM [Error] buildingowners: field or property 'deployerUserID' does not exist
      at NLua.Lua.ThrowExceptionFromError (Int32 oldTop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.Lua.CallFunction (System.Object function, System.Object[] args, System.Type[] returnTypes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    bioptimale joined

10. I know doesnt work with update. Can look into Any of my plugins until tomorrrow

11. Your the fucking best.

12. Either they just changed the name, or just deleted it. So if they just changed it it Will be easy to fix, if they deleted it it'll take à little more time !

13. Yeah sethome is broken for now :p

14. slacker :p - hey Mughisi...you see this?

15. See what? xD

16. getting spammed with this error after server update, plugin update, completely fresh setup of everything:

Code:
    [Oxide] 5:54 PM [Error] buildingowners: field or property 'deployerUserID' does not exist
      at NLua.Lua.ThrowExceptionFromError (Int32 oldTop) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at NLua.Lua.CallFunction (System.Object function, System.Object[] args, System.Type[] returnTypes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

17. Yeah looks like in the reflected updated code they no longer have deployerUserID on the building block item, only on deployed items. I am sure Reneb will figure it out! He is the master of all things objects in the rust world!

18. yes give me some time to figure something out.

19. But we want it nooooow :(