AutoBroadcast

Moved

Total Downloads: 8,942 - First Release: Oct 26, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 27, 2017

5/5, 20 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated AutoBroadcast with a new update entry:

2. the plugin AutoBroadcast after update still not working! =(((

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Details please.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can't add commas to split up single messages. Either add new messages or add them inside one set of quotation marks. You aren't making valid JSON.

5. Why, when I deleted the plugin autobroadcast/config and lang. And again installed this plugin, the file autobroadcast.json in the folder long could not appear? upload_2017-2-5_10-31-39.png

6. Wolf you didnt fully explain that the need to add a comma the the end if they want to add more if they dont have the comma they get errors example:

"ExampleMessage1":"This is an example. Change it, remove it, translate it, whatever!",
    "ExampleMessage2":"This is an example. Change it, remove it, translate it, whatever!",
    "ExampleMessage":"This is an example. Change it, remove it, translate it, whatever!"
    [DOUBLEPOST=1486283070][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh my god so annoying i reload the plugin in console and it wipes my lang file and i need to redo it again :/

7. thanks for bring it back to .cs!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1486286804][/DOUBLEPOST]i leave the "ExampleMessage" and change the message. and he say:
    Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.0' (Json
    ReaderException: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered:
    ". Path 'ExampleMessage', line 3, position 2.)
    please help

8. Mine says:
    Code:
    Failed to run a 300.00 timer in 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    But it did run it and said in chat
    Tnx for the recode!

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's JSON, which every other plugin uses on our site for configurations. I'll add another default example so it is more clear.

Your config is invalid. Could you upload it here for me to see please?

Check your oxide/logs for the full error and upload your config here for me please.

10. Code:
    17:00 [Error] Failed to run a 60.00 timer in 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.0' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    17:00 [Stacktrace]   at Oxide.Plugins.AutoBroadcast.<Broadcast>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.FireCallback () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
    That would be the log,

Code:
    {
      "Broadcast Interval (Seconds)": 60
    }
    config
    Code:
    {
      "msg1": "<color=#ffc266>Welcome to the server! Have fun, do what you want and tell your friends!</color>"
    }
  11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please upload your oxide/lang files for it please.

12. Yes sorry, I edited the last post

13. My server is only displaying the very bottom message to redeem free kits but isn't showing the other messages. why is that?

{
    "ExampleMessage": "<size=13>Contact us at <color=#1586db>[email protected]</color> for any questions/suggestions/concerns you may have!</size>",
    "ExampleMessage": "<size=13>Ever consider donating? Comes with awesome perks! <color=#1586db>/donate</color> for more info!</size>",
    "ExampleMessage": "<size=13>TIP: Upgrade base ASAP to avoid getting raided quickly! duh</size>",
    "ExampleMessage": "<size=13>TIP: Use multiple cupboards to better protect your base on all floors!</size>",
    "ExampleMessage": "<size=13>Try to be respectful to new players!</size>",
    "ExampleMessage": "<size=13>Don't forget to redeem your free kits! <color=#1586db>/kit</color> for more info</size>"
    }

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You should be using different keys, not ExampleMessage for each.

15. i dont understand my json file read

{
    "Interval": 150,
    "Messages": [
    "SERVER WIPES WILL BE THE FIRST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH THANKS FROM THE ADMIN TEAM",
    "AUTOAUTHENTICATE HAS NOW BEEN ADDED! WHILE LOOKING AT YOUR TURRET OR TOOL CUPBOARD TYPE /autoauth clan TO ADD ALL YOUR CLAN MEMBERS TO THE AUTH LIST OR TYPE /autoauth friends TO ADD YOUR FRIENDS TO THE AUTH LIST. NOW YOU CAN SHARE ALL YOUR TURRETS AND TOOLCUPBOARDS WITH CLAN MEMBERS AND FRIEND WITH A SIMPLE CHAT COMMAND ENJOY!",
    "WANT TO DONATE TO THE SERVER MESSAGE ARTHATUS ON STEAM FOR DETAILS TO GET YOUR DAILY ELITE SERVER KIT NOW",
    "THE ADMINS WOULD PLEASE ASK THAT IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE USING A COMMAND OR GETTING SOMETHING TO WORK PLEASE TYPE /HELP BEFORE ASKING FOR US AS WE DONT WANT TO SPEND OUR DAY EXPLAINING PLUGINS. /HELP GIVES YOU A FULL LIST OF ALL OUR PLUGINS AND HOW TO USE THEM"
    ]
    }

in configs loaded the cs file and typed oxide.reload AutoBroadcast soooooo still not working any ideas?

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That is not the current config format, see the Overview for an example.

17. why was it changed to this? it was a lot easier the way it was :S

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Use the old version then.

19. you cant use the old lua it does not work with the latest update? what was wrong with just having a cs file and loading in your json and editing it this is way more complicated and you have to come up with individual names for each message for it to work i am just saying this is not what people want i am prolly just gonna stay with infopanel sucks this WAS a good plugin :S