AutoBroadcast

Moved

Total Downloads: 8,943 - First Release: Oct 26, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 27, 2017

5/5, 20 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I can add an option to show them all, or go through them individually in order. Could I see your config please?

2. where we find it in oxide?

3. this is my config jason
    Code:
    {
      "Broadcast Interval (Seconds)": 180,
      "Interval": 150,
      "Messages": [
        "SERVER WIPES WILL BE THE FIRST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH THANKS FROM THE ADMIN TEAM",
        "AUTOAUTHENTICATE HAS NOW BEEN ADDED! WHILE LOOKING AT YOUR TURRET OR TOOL CUPBOARD TYPE /autoauth clan TO ADD ALL YOUR CLAN MEMBERS TO THE AUTH LIST OR TYPE /autoauth friends TO ADD YOUR FRIENDS TO THE AUTH LIST. NOW YOU CAN SHARE ALL YOUR TURRETS AND TOOLCUPBOARDS WITH CLAN MEMBERS AND FRIEND WITH A SIMPLE CHAT COMMAND ENJOY!",
        "WANT TO DONATE TO THE SERVER MESSAGE ARTHATUS ON STEAM FOR DETAILS TO GET YOUR DAILY ELITE SERVER KIT NOW",
        "THE ADMINS WOULD PLEASE ASK THAT IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE USING A COMMAND OR GETTING SOMETHING TO WORK PLEASE TYPE /HELP BEFORE ASKING FOR US AS WE DONT WANT TO SPEND OUR DAY EXPLAINING PLUGINS. /HELP GIVES YOU A FULL LIST OF ALL OUR PLUGINS AND HOW TO USE THEM"
      ]
    }
    and this is my lang json file
    Code:
    {
      "ServerWipe": "SERVER WIPES WILL BE THE FIRST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH THANKS FROM THE ADMIN TEAM",
      "Authenticate": "AUTOAUTHENTICATE HAS NOW BEEN ADDED! WHILE LOOKING AT YOUR TURRET OR TOOL CUPBOARD TYPE /autoauth clan TO ADD ALL YOUR CLAN MEMBERS TO THE AUTH LIST OR TYPE /autoauth friends TO ADD YOUR FRIENDS TO THE AUTH LIST. NOW YOU CAN SHARE ALL YOUR TURRETS AND TOOLCUPBOARDS WITH CLAN MEMBERS AND FRIEND WITH A SIMPLE CHAT COMMAND ENJOY!",
      "DonateSteam": "WANT TO DONATE TO THE SERVER MESSAGE ARTHATUS ON STEAM FOR DETAILS TO GET YOUR DAILY ELITE SERVER KIT NOW",
      "HelpCommand": "THE ADMINS WOULD PLEASE ASK THAT IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE USING A COMMAND OR GETTING SOMETHING TO WORK PLEASE TYPE /HELP BEFORE ASKING FOR US AS WE DONT WANT TO SPEND OUR DAY EXPLAINING PLUGINS. /HELP GIVES YOU A FULL LIST OF ALL OUR PLUGINS AND HOW TO USE THEM"
    }
    [DOUBLEPOST=1486335204][/DOUBLEPOST]but i liked how it just went from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 and cycled back to your first message

4. well i got it to work but its posted the first message 6 times in a row and not the others i removed the config jason like this and it now works but notthing other than message one works.

{
    "Broadcast Interval (Seconds)": 180,
    "Messages": [
    "SERVER WIPES WILL BE THE FIRST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH THANKS FROM THE ADMIN TEAM",
    "AUTOAUTHENTICATE HAS NOW BEEN ADDED! WHILE LOOKING AT YOUR TURRET OR TOOL CUPBOARD TYPE /autoauth clan TO ADD ALL YOUR CLAN MEMBERS TO THE AUTH LIST OR TYPE /autoauth friends TO ADD YOUR FRIENDS TO THE AUTH LIST. NOW YOU CAN SHARE ALL YOUR TURRETS AND TOOLCUPBOARDS WITH CLAN MEMBERS AND FRIEND WITH A SIMPLE CHAT COMMAND ENJOY!",
    "WANT TO DONATE TO THE SERVER MESSAGE ARTHATUS ON STEAM FOR DETAILS TO GET YOUR DAILY ELITE SERVER KIT NOW",
    "THE ADMINS WOULD PLEASE ASK THAT IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE USING A COMMAND OR GETTING SOMETHING TO WORK PLEASE TYPE /HELP BEFORE ASKING FOR US AS WE DONT WANT TO SPEND OUR DAY EXPLAINING PLUGINS. /HELP GIVES YOU A FULL LIST OF ALL OUR PLUGINS AND HOW TO USE THEM"
    ]
    }

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like you're using an old version of the plugin then. You can remove that entire Messages part in the config too, it isn't used.

6. I have no idea how this new THING is working...i ve tryed for a while now...and i CANT get it to work! if i paste in what i want to have on my AutoBroadcast, can someone help me?

"ServerWipe: Every Thursday",
    "Rules: PLZ read the rules!/rule or /Rules or /info"
    "Donate: you dont get treated diffrently if you donate!",
    "Info: Type /info to see plugin info or rules or how to vote",
    "TeamSpeak: Join out TeamSpeak!"

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you upload your complete oxide/lang/en file for it please?

8. This is in the "lang" "en" palce

why did it jsut become so hard? x)

Attached Files:

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's pretty much identical to the config method, it's still JSON. Literally the only difference is the location and storing in individual keys instead of a nested list. Delete your config, and add this to your oxide/lang/en folder and then reload the plugin:

10. Thank you ! :))
    [DOUBLEPOST=1486344079][/DOUBLEPOST]
    btw, i reloaded the plugin, and i got this :

Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.1' (JsonReaderException: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'Rules', line 4, position 2.)

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sorry, missed a comma from your copied bit. Here's the fixed one.

Attached Files:

12. There we go! :) Thank you Wulf!^^

13. yea im sorry i have to agree wulf this is not all as simple as it used to be all i had to do was put in the lua file into plugins then go config and change what i wanted them to be on a time delay and bam done i have no idea why you did this :S i know im not the only one in the boat.

i have had the same message broadcast 11 times in a row beoffe in randomed to another then went back to the first one.

i dont know not sure what im gonna do but guess ima have to just stay with a basic infopanel until maybe this plugin goes back to the beauty it was.

sorry wulf your a great guy just not a fan of this plugin now

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'm sorry it confuses you, but it's really not any different aside from the location you set the messages. It's still JSON, same format type as the old config. As I said previously, an option can be added to disable the randomization, but going back to the old would be a downgrade in features. The oxide/lang format for messages is what plugins will be using going forward for messages, so I'd suggest getting familiar with it.

Comparison between this and the old:
    • messages under oxide/lang vs. oxide/config location, insignificant change
    • messages are defined by key instead of a list, no change in usability, minor difference
    • new version allows for messages in multiple languages, old does not and is more limiting

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  15. its mainly im not a fan of the randomizing thing same server broadcast 11 times in a row then changegs on the 12th and then goes back to the first another 3 times lol why have the other 2 ya know we need a time delay and an option to just cycle from message 1 to 2 to 3 to 4.
    is that doable?

16. Get the following error after updating: Failed to run a 300.00 timer in 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.1' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

17. Failed to run a 300.00 timer in 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.1' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

does not work(( error message

18. Why can you be throwing me the next message?

[02/06/2017 10:31:45] Failed to run a 300.00 timer in 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.1' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What is your server language set to and what does your oxide/lang file look like?

20. Code:
    {
      "ExampleMessage": "This is an example. Change it, remove it, translate it, whatever!",
      "AnotherExample": "This is another example, notice the comma at the end of the line above..."
    }
    I deleted all files so it is just the default text. I don't know where I can find the language set so I assume it is still set to default.