AutoBroadcast

Moved

Total Downloads: 8,943 - First Release: Oct 26, 2014 - Last Update: Feb 27, 2017

5/5, 20 likes
  1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated AutoBroadcast with a new update entry:

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Wulf updated AutoBroadcast with a new update entry:

3. I've updated everything, however no messages are being displayed. In the rcon this is the error it gets:

"Failed to call hook 'OnServerInitialized' on plugin 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.3' (JsonReaderException: After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: R. Path 'Server', line 3, position 46.)"

In addition, here are my jsons.

Code:
    {
      "Broadcast Interval (Seconds)": 120,
      "Randomize Messages (true/false)": false
    }
    Code:
    {
      "Server": "Type in /help for a list of all available commands!",
      "Server": "You can join our group on Steam "Rust Coat", for help and info!",
      "Server": "Don't worry about server wipes! We simply clean up old/uninhabited buildings!"
    }

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You need unique keys, and JSON requires you to escape quotation marks inside others, so:
    Code:
    {
      "Server1": "Type in /help for a list of all available commands!",
      "Server2": "You can join our group on Steam \"Rust Coat\", for help and info!",
      "Server3": "Don't worry about server wipes! We simply clean up old/uninhabited buildings!"
    }

5. Failed to run a 300.00 timer in 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.3' (ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    Parameter name: source)

Im getting this message? any ideas? also do i change where i want my messages in the config file here? Gyazo - 889ee5221647f6f8b6761c9c4ef130f8.png

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'd need to see your full log portion with that. Also, the messages go under oxide/lang, not the config folder. Also, for new lines in the same message, use \n not /n.

7. you want to see the log.error.txt?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

oxide/logs

9. It might be that there isnt a file for AutoBroadcast in my oxide/lang/en/ ?

Oxide/logs: Gyazo - 8b881bcf92d515627451b4950a60c9a4.png

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

11. Im unsure what i have done, just tried removing AutoBroadcast and all the plugin files from my server, restarted the server and then re-added the plugin to the /plugins folder. am going to just see if your example messages go into the server chat. (I Know this is a problem i have caused hahaha)

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Well, I did find one issue from your report while testing more, but not sure it was related. :p

13. so if this where i put my messages Gyazo - 7346312c399bab4132b5b0fc1632d000.png
    i just change it to the following example:

{
    "Server Info": "Go onto the website blah blah blah blah",
    "Server Info": "follow rules and stuff"
    }
    [DOUBLEPOST=1486438888][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Yeah i probably have loads of issues with the server, only just started my server and only learning the basics. Mostly from your plugins and the forums (i love your work)

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That would be the English location, yes. If you don't plan on adding messages in any other language, you can just customize that one. Make sure to use a unique key per message though.
    Code:
    {
    "Server Info 1": "Go onto the website blah blah blah blah",
    "Server Info 2": "follow rules and stuff"
    }

15. Thanks Wulf,
    What i think i did was i put the Lang/eu into the config folder and thats whats broken it when i edited it. But after deleting everything for AutoBr including the config files etc, i dont believe the config file should look the same as the Lang file? should it?.... Gyazo - 973345e8a4ae7ea8b40174955a7cddff.png really dont know how ive messed up your plugin XD

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you mean "eu" for Europe, that isn't a language. ;) The default config is listed on the Overview.

17. Thanks For your help Wulf, Greatly Appreciated. Gonna have to get some sleep here as its 4am gmt and get up and running, but i replaced the config file :D Thanks again!

18. Hey wulf i just wanted to say as i am sure you dont hear it enough thank you for fixing the radomizer on the plugin to order works just the same now

19. after the update, one and the same error, what's the problem?

Failed to run a timer 300.00 in 'AutoBroadcast v1.0.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'd need to see your oxide/lang files for the plugin as well as the config and logs.