Gyrocopter

Allows players to fly there very own scrap build gyrocopter ingame

Total Downloads: 5,164 - First Release: Jun 22, 2017 - Last Update: Jul 26, 2018

5/5, 44 likes
  1. let me test gimme a sec. your right , i should have posted alot more info. silly alchemist... be back with edits.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1498326986][/DOUBLEPOST]log in , noclip spawn 1 GC, spawn next GC, its broken, turn off no clip , spawn next GC, broken... logged out with my 1sr spawned GC still on ground. log in.. spawn GC, broken still..... destroyed my first GC, logged out and spawn 1 GC while not no clipping, good, spawn 1GC, broken.. also discovered a glitch where the spinner wheel, which is a great idea BTW!, turns into where it is only editable, and not spinning. i will test this further. looks like the GC is disappearing awell. might have something to do with it. tried painting it also. no change. ... painting the signs on the copter, i cannot change paint signs for the top blades or anything but the main one that we used to /copter on when using the sign painter.. i can change the blades manually. and all the others and such... to clarify... the spinner i cannot click it easily, i love where it is placed atm, but would like to see it easier to spin it. so maybe it needs to be moved. but i have a great idea that you gave me. il PM you privately about it... lol i will post more as i learn more . i hope this helps. happy hunting commander!
    PS: IDEA alert... ADD a configurable cost to the config so i can charge players economics, rp, or items , or combination perhaps!, i know your busy. just some thoughts. great work ttyl

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2017
  2. I made a server if anyone wants to try out the Gyrocopters - NakedWars 2 -Gyrocopter.

3. Question, in the current state of the plugin, players must be able to noclip with faux admin in order for it to work?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1498406141][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I had the issue where it would only allow me to edit the spin wheel too. If you need a trigger try using the mailboxes that are being used as landing gear.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1498406213][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Would also be cool if there was a search light mounted on the bottom of it.

4. And turret:) then i can add there rocket turret and auto chearchligh.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2017
  5. Code:
    20:59:25) | Failed to call hook 'OnSpinWheel' on plugin 'Gyrocopter v1.0.10' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (20:59:25) | at Oxide.Plugins.Gyrocopter.OnSpinWheel (.BasePlayer player, .SpinnerWheel wheel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Gyrocopter.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (20:59:28) | LuizBRks_[302648/76561198391020356] AttackHack: Player stalled (pickaxe.entity with 1.007262s)

6. Was any part of the gyrocopter missing when that error came up? or just random error?

Yes, I thought about players being able to add either a autoturret to front, or searchlight. But gyrocopters are "supposed" to be somewhat lightweight.. lol

7. not that I could see, spinner was there but it just let me start painting it when i E'd on it

8. My friends and I got a big laugh out of this...what a great way for an admin to get to know his users, fly around in this and introduce himself. Thanks for making it!

9. saW

saW

Anyway to disable the bombs and have them just for looks? I'd like to release these on my server to everyone but with the bombs I can only allow admins to use them at the moment.

10. no problem,.. its fun !!!

Yes I can add that.

it will be a few days before any updates, real life issues have popped up and I do not have the time at the moment for any work on this. But a few days I should be able to rock some cool stuff out !!!!

11. will the players can go inside of buildings if noclip enabled ?

12. No... The height min from ground prohibits it. Unless you land.

13. Hey everyone , working on some more cool stuff for the copter.
    Seems to still work OK after the update :)
    lots of cool ideas and fixed listed here.

14. I can't use it after the last update, the spinning wheel just goes into edit mode when I try to use it. Also something that's been happening lately is when you raise the net back up part of the underneath of the copter breaks off

15. roger, ill check them out today.

just a note though, copters do not save there "interaction" (yet, working on it). if plugin is reloaded or server restarts.
    they will still look like the copter, but cant do nothing without spawning another.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2017
  16. it was a brand new copter but I added the plugin back a couple hours later and tried and it worked fine

17. Colon Blow updated Gyrocopter with a new update entry:

[DOUBLEPOST=1498970116][/DOUBLEPOST]Also moved around a few things to be able to see straight down, player can use eyes view to look straight down for bomb drops. seems to be very precise
    You can use normal first person, but you do have to adjust for viewing angle.

And THANK YOU donator !!!! you know who you are :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2017
  18. something for passengers would be fantastic! ;)

19. copter works nice:) but if i fly litlebit mayby about 300-500meters its moving copter back where i start fly.i can fly that point where game start load more area a map.
    its work better after server restart:)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2017
  20. Yes, I noticed on full servers, it can be a little glitchy :(

But, I'm working on more updates. nothing to release yet.
    things that are working fine and just need finished up are:
    - all sign textures (main rotors, front floor deck and small sign) are saved from a Static Copter to a Player Copter and visa versa.
    - the Static Copter small sign, will be saved until player lands copter again :) so when you put your name on it... it will be there when ya land it.
    - added /coptergetswag command to players who have flown the copter so they can get cool Gryocopter Swag (T-Shirt) in there inventory ..woot woot.

plus working on movement without admin noclip. still not happy with it at all. so its not ready. and other stuff.
    ** thought about removing the box on front, and adding a floor like area where players can deploy things they want. like autoturret, spotlight. there own boxes.. lol not sure how easy that will be though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2017