Chopper Survival

Helicopter survival event for EventManager

Total Downloads: 2,508 - First Release: Jan 1, 2016 - Last Update: Apr 19, 2018

5/5, 10 likes
  1. There's a glitch I've noticed. Every time I die in the Chopper Survival with a Timer, the timer never counts down to re-spawn us. Can you find a fix for this please? Thank you!

2. Also got this problem.

3. Anyone else getting a bug where the helis just like to stay in the middle and move up and down?

4. Don't think this is a bug.
    This happens when spawnpoints are inside buildings, most of the choppers are hoovering in the air then.

5. How can I fix this? remove the building and have an open field?
    Originally I was planning on building 4 interconnected towers rather than just 1, should I do that instead?

6. What I do on my 100x40 arena platform, is having 2 main bases, and one spawn building in the middle.
    Even then choppers can hang still on the other main base when I play alone and die.
    I guess this is something with the distance check, already edited it, but even on my server choppers doing this.
    What I did to make it less annoying is make 5 rounds:
    1st round 1 chopper
    2cnd round 2
    3rd round 3
    4th and 5th round 4
    I also let people spawn in more open area's, but watch out where, because choppers dont wait shooting when you respawn, and you can get spawnkilled.
    Players can be hit a few times when they spawn, but thats also adding some tension to the game.
    My experience says that letting players spawn behind windows, will make it to easy to win, except when you edit the accuracy to lvl insane.
    This is configured in the configs @ my server, the enemy's to spawn option in the interface I dont use.
    Even then it can happen that 2 of 4 choppers will hang still in the air.
    Sometimes, when they got shot many times they will move again.

I already added it to the list to check with K1llyou, to look if there is a option to make this better ;)

EDIT: you can also try to make the 1st spawnpoints in the middle of the arena, so they will come more in gun range ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2017
  7. I would also like to post this disscussion from EMInterface here;
    It's a good idea :)

8. Also had that, but if it appeared, it was for everyone and every time.
    People had not items and spawned with the HP they had before they got the final hit.

I have a death timer of 30secs.
    If the round ends and the player is still dead, he gets his new items but isnt able to use it

9. This is the 1st thing on the list, because this is my favorite game thats playable when there are no players online ;) Also have this continuously with everyone after 1st death.

10. When you die, why does it not spawn you with another kit upon respawn? I have no idea how to get it to do that.

11. its a bug, it's on our list ;)

12. We played it 3 times, 2 times the bug appeared.
    But, at least you can give the kit yourself or the other participants via command

13. k1lly0u updated Chopper Survival with a new update entry:

14. So I just updated all of this and now the players don't spawn with their kit, but if we take out the heli somehow, then we get a kit

15. okey, thats weird. After helping testing a lot that should be fixed :O
    Please let know if this is happening multiple times, or just once in a while.
    EDIT: how many players where fighting?

Note: I quickly tested it on my server, and when ended before event ends the healthbars where still there (4 choppers).

16. What respawn type are you using? We didn't encounter this at all during testing earlier

17. I testing with 2 players, both Owners, and we didnt get any kiteach time we tests it, ive set my respawn to instant. I was not grtifng this issue before hand

18. respawn timer of 30 seconds

19. It's a weird problem man, I've tested it a few times on my server, and got no problems with the kits at all.
    I use a respawn timer of 3 sec, and the default countdown timer.
    Are you sure the kits are put right in the config?
    Do the console gives any error when this happens?

20. Yes, it only happens when players first spawn into the game, and no, I don't get an error