Chopper Survival

Helicopter survival event for EventManager

Total Downloads: 2,508 - First Release: Jan 1, 2016 - Last Update: Apr 19, 2018

5/5, 10 likes
  1. Is the event closing after start? If not try that, maybe the new countdown timer in begin provides the bug.
    Just weird it won't happen on my server :O I've played it now for more than 5 times with all different settings,
    and I got kits all the time. (also looking for a fix for you)

2. Yes the event closes, which I personally would prefer for it not to. And I don't have a countdown timer as I had mentioned before.
    I also tried reinstalling, no luck

3. I als
    My settings

Attached Files:

4. I have send you a PM.

5. Have you checked to make sure your kit actually has items in it? Got to ask :p
    As for the closing, its a survival event, if you have players joining after it starts then they have a better chance of winning the event and is unfair to the initial group of players

6. Yes, I wasn't getting this issue before you guys updated it, I edited the config and same issue, sometimes I get a kit, sometimes I don't

7. Nothing changed in regards to kits in any of the updates
    [DOUBLEPOST=1483577335][/DOUBLEPOST]PM me all your event/kit/zone data so I can try it on my server

8. Let me try creating a new kit with all the same stuff in it first and see if that does anything

9. Same problem

10. Didn't help

11. okey, bug confirmed, but realy weard.
    After playing 10 games or something today,
    I got killed by chopper in round 2 or 3, and spawned with no kit,
    and also healthbars choppers where gone.
    So this bug came once, and not @ begin on event on my server.

K1llyou already knows about this.

EDIT: Today, i will spend the day on testing a possible fix all day! ;)
    I will also stream / record it, and if that go's well, going to look for tutorial video's in 1080p ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2017
  12. UPDATE:

During testing I finaly got the bug on my server yesterday!

For what I see in that bug, is that when it happens, the respawn got a lil freeze / lag, and then you got respawned without kit and without chopper healthbars. I also had it once that after ending event half-way, the chopper bars where still there when out of event.
    I checked my console, and noticed this line on the moment of the bug:

[Oxide] 02:01 [Info] [Event Manager] Saved player statistics

[Oxide] 02:01 [Warning] Calling 'cmdEventMenu' on 'EMInterface v1.0.2' took 727ms <- Yellow line <-

Note: Yellow lines aren't errors, but can be related to the / a bug!
    This is why looking into console is so important for us when there are problems, this is info we need ;)

For what I think the problem was:
    Great possibility that players re-spawned before event has loaded everything correctly.

After 2 matches with the new possible fix, the re-spawn go's well, I notice less lag / freeze when re spawning.

I will test it for a few hours, with twitch stream on, to make sure it's fixed!
    If somebody wants to join me testing or wants to see the stream:
    Just send me a Personal Message ;)

13. I didn't get that error, but literally as you posted I figured the same, players were given the kit before actually loading in the arena and so when they did tp or something the kit was just autoremoved. There's quite a few ways to add a fix, best one would probably to add the function that gives kits near the end when the event is completely loaded. Another thing u could do is give the kit after the 20 sec prep

14. yeah I explained the possible cause above. If peeps get spawned before everything is loaded, some things go wrong.
    I already have a fix now I guess, but need to test it multiple times first.
    What you say is that they spawn, but countdown is on, and then got re-spawned without kit when countdown is over and choppers starts coming in.

PS: DonMario, check your inbox xD

15. No, I have countdown for respawn off, and I did, I have both tabs open, and I'm watching ur stream

16. I can confirm this on my server as well. Had a single player this morning played 5 games of chopper survival with no kit issues. Went in with a group of 4 and everyone who died respawned naked.

17. Yeah we are working on it, thats why I posted about it, but we also got other things to do ;)

18. Any fix, mates?

19. yeah, fix will be out when K1llyou has some time. Just have some patience ;)

20. What I just don't get:

People want help ASAP, but when something is not working, they can only say it wont work, and telling us that there are no console errors.
    I just played chopper survival, and I got this:

Stoner Jezus[23277/76561198189391029] sent invalid attack: Cooldown (0.05078125s
    left on m249.entity)
    Stoner Jezus[23277/76561198189391029] fired invalid projectile: Missing ID (1620
    )
    [Event Manager] Saved player statistics
    Calling kill - but already IsDestroyed!? patrolhelicopter[0]
    Calling 'OnEntityTakeDamage' on 'ChopperSurvival v0.2.71' took 757ms
    Stoner Jezus[23277/76561198189391029] fired invalid projectile: Missing ID (1676
    )

You can not tell me you have bugs / errors, without having yellow or red lines.
    Yellow lines can also be related to the bug!

So my question is: do you guys still want to get help?
    Without these console messages we can not do much unless we see the problem happen on our own server / during tests!

Attached Files: