BetterChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 26,145 - First Release: Apr 21, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.9898/5, 98 likes
  1. Oxide provides you with the revoke console command:

revoke <user> <permission>

2. Failed to call hook 'OnUserChat' on plugin 'BetterChat v5.0.10' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

3. Do you have any other plugins which are, in any way, made compatible with BetterChat or use BetterChat's API in a way?

4. Something to stop the antiflooad.? Antispam in the chat! Thaks.! :)

5. hey guys!
    Can someone help me out I try most solutions I found on this forum but no succes yet.
    I get the error
    "(19:42:24) | Failed to call hook 'OnBetterChat' on plugin 'BetterChatMute v1.0.5' (InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.)" everytime someone type in chat?

Thanks in advance!

6. only the rust io clans version you created

7. anyone now how to fix this issue, basically lower priority groups are taking priority in chat. my groups go from admin - o to default - 7. i will attach the file im using.

Gyazo - 828610a0edf791bdf596751f5380c888.png

Attached Files:

8. So do you want the admin to show first is this what your asking?
    you do need to change this setting to try for each group some groups
    "HiddenIfNotPrimary": true

Attached Files:

9. yes kind of, well i want admin/moderator/chat moderator to always show regardless of vip group etc and lower priority vip groups are taking priority over the other vip groups. Hope this makes sense and thank you for the reply.

edit - so i just switched my vip groups around and im happy with the order they are in, in game chat but it still removes the admin tag.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2017
  10. If you want all groups to show each player in each group even if admin or mod then you need to leave this to false for them all
    "HiddenIfNotPrimary": false
    if this is not what you are after I would need to work with you over skype

11. I think i was just trying to configure it in a way that isn't possible so i've just settled for
    "HiddenIfNotPrimary": true

12. sNT

sNT

Clans aren't working. The clan tags.

13. clans have been removed for a few weeks now but there is a way to get them showing again
    Better Chat | Page 227 | Oxide

14. @LaserHydra
    Is there an Ignore ability? /ignore PlayerName ?

Problem:
    Some players are just toxic/mean/asshole in global chat
    As sole admin I cant be around all the time to temp mute players, I also am an advocate of free speech
    But I want other players to have the freedom to ignore/block chat from other players

Theres an Ignore API plugin -----> Ignore API for Rust | Oxide
    But looks like only Private Message plugin uses it ------------> Private Messaging for Rust | Oxide

Ive had many requests for this ability
    Im willing to pay money/donate for this, its hurting my server

Thanks, Togoshige

15. How can i make it so i can save a Title as a "★"? I get this message when trying to save it and i'm unsure what to do.

Attached Files:

16. Change the file encoding to Unicode / UTF8

17. Ive noticed players have figured out they can use things suchs as
    [#color][+size]TEXT[/+][/#]] in chat.. any way to Block this

18. Use the word filter with <color=, <size=, <i>, <b>, </i>, </b>, </color>, </size>, and possibly the same with brackets.

19. Thanks!
    [DOUBLEPOST=1491071084][/DOUBLEPOST]One more question. is there a way to move their title in front of their name without moving the clan tag?
    I want it like this
    [Clan] Lone ★: Message

Instead it's showing this when i moved titles in front of username. :/
    Lone ★ [Clan]: message

20. Yes I did install the latest version on the overview, and I do NOT have any anti virus on. I dont download junk so I dont need any.