BetterChat

Moved

Total Downloads: 26,139 - First Release: Apr 21, 2015 - Last Update: Jan 12, 2018

4.9898/5, 98 likes
  1. LaserHydra submitted a new resource:

Name Colors - Change the name colors as you want, depending on authlevel

Read more about this resource...

2. any idea what would cause this error with it?

[4/21/2015 4:56:57 PM] [Oxide] 4:56 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnPlayerChat' on plugin 'Custom Name Colors'
    File: namecolors.lua Line: 24 argument number 2 is invalid:

I get that error and it won't change the colors

3. do you maybe have other plugins which are related to what you write? So it uses the same hook? It can be interrupted by that. I would not know why you should get the error any other way...

4. Maybe Unique Name, try disabling that one using
    oxide.unload UniqueName
    in the console

5. Nope. That wasn't it. I've unload all plugins and still getting that error. Latest server build and latest Oxide

6. Your plugin don't take hexa colors???
    [DOUBLEPOST=1429659296][/DOUBLEPOST]Working, but can't change color in config file.
    Must change it in plugin itself

7. This plugin also like chathandler have "exploit" so everyone can use <color=bla>blablabla</color> or even size tags and it don't filter that.

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That's not an "exploit" or even a bug, that's default Unity message styling. http://docs.oxidemod.org/#styling-messages

If you want to block it, you'd need to make a plugin that filters them from the chat.

9. Yes i know, but by default rust chat function "filter" that so users can't actually use this for themself. But when you modify chat message - plugin should do this itself, or people who know this using for "i'm admin on this server" or so.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Ah true, then he'd likely need to strip HTML codes from chat. I didn't realize that Rust chat didn't support that, at least not anymore.

11. Im going to take a look at the config again.
    //
    Should be fixed with the new update.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2015
  12. LaserHydra updated Name Colors with a new update entry:

config fixed (untested)

13. LaserHydra updated Name Colors with a new update entry:

updater support

[DOUBLEPOST=1429680480][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Maybe its fixed with the new update. Try that please.

14. nice plugin

15. Thanks

16. Axy

Axy

i like the plugin, it's very simple
    however itconflicts with other tools that handles chat (such as chathandler) anc causes doublepost of chat messages.

17. Yeah thats because the hook is conflicting with it. Both plugins use the OnPlayerChat hook and gibe out the written text manually as I know. So its there 2 times. You propably have to decide, or we need a possibility to fix that.
    Maybe you need to turn something in Chathandler off.

18. Wulf said in his old post :)
    "Plugins should really be moving away from auth levels and instead use Oxide's permission system ideally."

19. I may add a it to Confog so you can choose between authlevel and oxide groups