1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

2. Hey! I tryed 10 times to add owner for my server from ingame conseole (fragnet.net). what I need to do?

3. You tried 10 times and what happend? Did you get any erros?

4. Noup nothing

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What is the exact command you used? You'd see feedback if it were successful or not, if you're using a valid command.

6. ownerid 76561198166660618 "Spongebob" "reason" and my server support says do like that

7. Where do you type this? In game console? If so, is this the first admin you trying to add?

This command will only work from in game if executed by someone who is already an admin. To add very first admin(owner) you have to either config files by hand, or execute the command on the server (you can use this http://oxidemod.org/resources/rusty-server-rcon-administration-tool.53/).

8. fragnet saying doo that

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

I'd recommend contacting your host, as from the error is sounds like it's not saving.

10. and rusty admin tool own't connect for me, maybe dooing something wrong

11. Where do I get my RCON port?

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's set via your command-line usually, and defaults to one above your normal port. It can be a set with +rcon.port #####.

13. Thank you

14. I did exactly what you said with just one problem, I'm not sure what to put for IP. I googled my public IP but when I click connect, the waiting symbol appears and spanned for a few second and then disappear, it still shows not connected

15. So I am having a bit of an issue, I did a fresh reinstall of my server today along with the oxide mod framework following all your guides and sticky posts like I did the first time. Updated my Rcon settings to log in which works fine. However when I go to set myself as the admin/owner the console either accepts it OR if I try again tells me I'm already the owner. However I have no owner/lvl 2 privileges. I cannot activate free came or no clip mode, any type of interaction with a plugin via "/" syntax style commands I get an error message "Admin: You do not have access blah blah". Even my moderator IDs are being accepted but they too have no privileges. Went so far as to install the authlevel.lua plugin however still no dice. I am totally at a loss right now.

16. what can owner's do that mod's cant?

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Right now admin and mods in Rust are exactly the same.

18. It doesn't appear that my server recognizes me as admin. I am running my server locally. If I connect to rust via F1 connect localhost:28017 I can utilize all admin commands in the F1 console, however if I F1 connect 187.6.36.18:28017 it no longer allows me to use those commands in the F1 console and acts as if I'm a normal player.

I thought it could be my users.cfg however I triple checked and it is setup properly. Considering it works when connecting locally and not remotely I think I may have not set something up properly. Any ideas?$

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

RCON doesn't use users.cfg, it uses the RCON password set for your server. RCON is not a user, it's just remote admin. All default Rust commands should work fine with RCON, but all console commands from plugins may not if they check for an auth level.

20. Thank you for the quick reply, however I am not talking about RCON. I have Rusty working great for a friend who uses RCON to help manage my server, however I am talking about when I am logged into the game connected to local host it allows me to use, for instance, "say hello" and in chat it says "SERVER hello"

BUT, if I open the same F1 in game console when I connect via my external IP to the client (or if I find my server in the rust public list) and I use "say hello" I get no response.

it seems my in-game F1 console only works if I connect to my server by typing "connect local host:28017" in the in game console.

This wouldn't be a problem, however I have other admins who can't issue commands in the console in game (such as the say command or inventory commands) They CAN use them via RCON of course, but NOT the in game F1 console.