1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Ah, sorry, I misread it. There shouldn't be a difference between how you connect, it's all based on your Steam ID and that wouldn't change if you connect via localhost or not. You can verify that your Steam ID is properly saved and set by viewing the users.cfg file under server/identity/cfg.

2. I verified and everything seems fine with my users.cfg. I'm going to try to scrap everything and re download the server and see if I can get it working. thanks for the help.

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Re-downloading would be waste of time, and wouldn't help find the solution. ;)

When you connect via both methods, monitor the console to see what auth level it says your username has.

4. I was thinking maybe I had a corrupt download? I ended up going to bed last night and have to work today. I'll report back after I get off and see if I can get it working and monitor the console to see what author I am. Thanks again for your help!

Edit: I deleted my identity/cfg/users.cfg file, restarted the server and reused the ownerid and server.writecfg commands, had me and my friend log out and back in and it worked!!! Thanks again for all of your help!

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
  5. just add yourself via rusty instead of the users.cfg, i had this problem with a friend of mine.

Edit: didnt see other comments

6. Hello i have a problem how i can get admin rights on my Gameserver?! And how i can teleport to other players,fly and can remove buildings ?!

7. Have a problem with the user.cfg folder, the folder doesn't exists in my cfg folder :/

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

It's created when a user is first added to it.

9. I made everything how in the tutorial but there is no user.cfg when I type "ownerid STEAMID" and anyways I don't have rights, idk why :/

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you use "server.writecfg" in RCON? You'd see feedback after each command is successfully used as well.

11. Oh sorry, there he go haha thanks now im glad that everything is so how I imagined :D
    My fault, but you made my day thank you very much! :D

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No problem. ;)

13. damn, it doesn't save my stats I typed "server.writecfg" in RCON Tool and it was executed and there are the new cfg's but now the problem is it doesn't save although I typed "ownerid STEAMID" :/

14. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The server.writecfg commands needs to be used after, not before you use the ownerid or moderatorid commands.

15. okay now I'm in the File but don't have rights, have to restart the server?

16. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You don't need to edit the file manually. Editing it manually can only be done while the server is offline as well.

17. I didn't edited the server write me in the file, but I don't have rights,

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Could you upload your users.cfg for me here please?

19. edited*
    [DOUBLEPOST=1433272775][/DOUBLEPOST]I just restarted the Server and now everything is fine, thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2015
  20. I have a rust server installed on my local machine. How do I access the server console?