VendingManager

Utility for managing vending machines

Total Downloads: 1,959 - First Release: Feb 17, 2017 - Last Update: Apr 5, 2018

5/5, 9 likes
  1. @ignignokt84

Found a bug .....

This one is with using QuickSort, depositing all your items into a box. It probably wont matter which box which I haven't tested thoroughly. ALSO deposits the amount of Economics you have as blood into the box. so if you have 1,666,789,877 money that amount of blood goes into the box.

2. Hey there - any chance there is a method to change the "stack sizes" on the vending machines?

3. I'll have to investigate this - the blood bags should be destroyed after you stop shopping at a vending machine, so you shouldn't have any to deposit. I'll test this out when I get some time and see if the blood is not getting destroyed properly.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1489351662][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If you mean change the stack size in the vending machine inventory, no it doesn't exist. I'll look into this later on though and see if it's possible.

4. If you mean change the stack size in the vending machine inventory, no it doesn't exist. I'll look into this later on though and see if it's possible.

Yeah, I was hoping to allow stack sizes higher than vanilla rates. Since I run a 5x server, vanilla rates go bye bye pretty quickly haha.

5. Suggestion
    In the case of admins creating a vendingmachine like an economy like we have done it would be convenient to not need to fill the vendingmachine up with items necessary. Instead, make the machine have infinite stock of the sold products. It would make our life managing our ingame shop a lot easier selling/buying items without the need to fill them up every time.

Note convenient, the plugin is really fucking useful already and want you to know it opened a lot of possibilities for our server.

6. If you're talking about an "economy" per se, wouldn't you want certain items to run out? That way you'd be able to see the hottest sellers and be able to "adjust the price" accordingly based on supply and demand. I know it's all about getting the items into the player base, but still - can't make it too easy :p

7. No, wouldn't want the items to run out, I adjust prices fairly and they should be able to buy as much as they like. Stock would never run out the way I'm using it. See it as a replacement of GUIShop / Economics

8. There is already an option to make vending machines have infinite items - add the flag "Bottomless" to it! ;)

Edit: Note there is a caveat to this - the owner of the machine will not receive any money for purchases made at a Bottomless vending machine. Instead, the cost of the items is simply withdrawn from the purchaser.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2017
  9. Excellent. That is what I wanted. I read the description but sort of didn't really understand the disclaimer of its use. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll try the bottomless option

10. If you are referring to the stacking - it's because the purchasing quantity is related to the number of the items in the machine. Even though you could add one HV 5.56 bullet and it'd never run out, players could only purchase one at a time. So if you put full stacks in, then people can purchase full stacks.

11. Oh. I see, and same thing regarding resources?

I.e a guy wants to buy 20k sulfur. It needs 20k or more in it?

12. Yes, exactly. This is standard behavior, but since the machine is flagged as "Bottomless" it makes it less obvious that you DO actually still need to have enough to cover what a player wants to purchase in a single transaction. :)

13. You think you will activate the functionality soon? Do you need testers? I have several servers and users start using the principle with the blood but its lost when it wants to do the reverse.
    Thank you in advance and for your mod.

14. I actually got sidetracked and completely forgot about this. I should have it ready shortly.

15. I'm impatient ^^

16. ignignokt84 updated VendingManager with a new update entry:

17. Yes !!!
    I'm going to download and test this right now !

18. You have a mistake here :
    Code:
    SendMessage(player, "EconSellSuccess", new object[] { num, ItemManager.FindItemDefinition(sellOrder.currencyID).displayName.translated, amount, balance });
    Example :
    [VendingManager] Sucessfully sold 250 Charcoal for $250; New balance : $241,506.00
    the first 250 is false (it's the cash value of the transaction) in my case it will be 1000 (1000 charcoal for 250.00 $)

On the log the values are right :
    Code:
    [XXXXXXXXXXXXX sold 250 Blood for $2,500.00
    I dont know why all the name of the items are in english (I'm french), I see that you use the "displayName.translated" function but no translation on the chat or in the log...

19. Only English translations seem to be loaded by the server, so messages that originate from the server are restricted to English. I don't know of any way to get around this except to set up lang implementation entries for all items - but then you'd have to translate all item names yourself.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2017
  20. ignignokt84 updated VendingManager with a new update entry: