QuickSmelt

Can Increase the speed of all BaseOven types

Total Downloads: 57,333 - First Release: May 27, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 13, 2018

5/5, 106 likes
  1. haha, im helping a friend with his server, but. we simpky dont understand what we are wupost to write to make it go faster. pls answere, thanks!

2. Excuse me, i changed everything like its supposed to be and nothing happenend.
    Sometimes it's just stop the production so please help me can you copy paste the text in your folders ? Sorry for my english btw

3. Could you add an option in to increase how fast charcoal is made as well? So that wood is consumed faster and charcoal is made faster.

4. For anyone needing the correct config.
    You can change the 500.0 to anything you like, the code text left out the "," after the 1.5 and pretty much messed it up.
    Code:
    {
      "ChancePerConsumption": 0.5,
      "ProductionModifier": 500.0,
      "CharcoalChanceModifier": 1.5,
      "DontOvercookMeat": true
    }

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  5. I dont found the plugin for quick smelt updated, can any help me ? i need it for my server but nothing... i dont found help me pls ! T.T

6. This plugin no longer works and now comprises the following lines only,
    "CharcoalChanceModifier": 1.5,
    "DontOvercookMeat": true,
    IF you add the lines that were previous to these the plugin will not be updated and an error will occur

7. Yes, consistent with the posts above, this plugin is not working since last week's Rust update. An update would be greatly appreciated.

8. Actually it was still working until Oxide updated their files today according to their support email, The same can be said of "notifier" which now still shows adverts but not welcome message and /players no longer functions,
    So the smelting was working over the weekend until Tuesday midnight (Sydney) time

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

We've made no changes to Oxide today that would in any way affect what you are describing.

10. I'll get this updated today. Sorry folks, my day job has been killing me, haven't had much time for Rust lately

Edit: Seems nothing is actually broken. :(

11. In regards to your reply Wolf
    To quote the reply from clanforge on my failed attempts to upload this plugin after finding it was no longer in my addons menu
    regarding ticket #1773283 (received 7.45am 1/7/2015)
    "My apologies for first response (told me to check available addons before trying to download again) I did not realise this was no longer available.
    It has been disabled as it is outdated and as such no longer works with the latest version of Oxide, When the plugin is updated we will happily renable it..
    In regards to the "notifier" plugin, I believe this is currently having issues because of the Oxide update we deployed a few hours ago, Again once the plugin is up to date
    we'll be happy to enable it again :)"
    Regards
    Josh "George" Harrison

And just to clarify things even more, if I modify the existing json file to include the first two lines of the original mod and then save it, it will say "file saved" and I save/restart the server, BUT when I reopen the json file (after startup) the lines are (again) missing and the only ones there are for the charcoal and dont burn meat, I have done this three times so far with the same results, and the furnaces are still annoying the crap out of the players on the server,

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
  12. Can you maybe update the plugin?
    My server starts lagging as soon as i use the plugin... And it doesn't even smelt quicker...
    It works on some server but on others it not working at all...
    Can you try to fix that please
    -Krydderbollen

13. How what value would I have to put to make 500 charcoal per tick

14. plugin seems to not be loading from todays update

15. Still the same as before this latest patch, and no sign of any interest in (fixing) it so far

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
  16. apocdev updated QuickSmelt with a new update entry:

Update for Oxide + Charcoal Production

17. As an idea - to make the accelerated melting of a certain group, thus can be administered busstery for the players on the server

18. The point is we don't want to produce charcoal, we want to produce metal and sulfur, at the minute the charcoal is being produced at a much higher rate than the metal we want to use,
    Can you tell me how to change this so that I make 3X more metal than charcoal, at the minute I make the opposite
    Currant settings are
    {
    "ChancePerConsumption": 1.0,
    "ProductionModifier": 3.0
    "CharcoalChanceModifier": 1.0,
    "DontOvercookMeat": true,
    }

at this time i am throwing away 500thou charcoal everyday and getting 80-90thou metal

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015
  19. I don't know if someone every noticed this...

Bug Report: Once the plugin is loaded you can smelt ore with a campfire.

20. Personally I don't get it, You want servers to use the mods but when they don't work and you are asked a simple question regarding EXACTLY what to type in the configs json file you give a new configuration for producing charcoal, ??
    To make the question as simple as possible:
    Can you give a COMPLETE example of what to type in the json config file so that it works and produces metal at a required amount,
    At present it does not matter how i change the config file as i always get the same result,
    which is 212 charcoal and 60 metal every 5 minutes, I changed the productionmodifier line to read "charcoalproductionmodifier" which did nothing at all
    [DOUBLEPOST=1436494284,1436347472][/DOUBLEPOST]thought it might work with the new update but still produces 3 times more charcoal than metal, so whats the point, i will be wary of any mods from this developer especially with the lack of support