QuickSmelt

Can Increase the speed of all BaseOven types

Total Downloads: 57,333 - First Release: May 27, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 13, 2018

5/5, 106 likes
  1. If you decrease ProductionModifier does it decrease the production as well?

2. Hi,

I have an issue with the plugin, it smelts ores and cooks food at an increased rate however it does not burn wood faster, and when you try to cook food it burns pretty much 99% of what you put in the fireplace.

Is this intended or a bug? because players on my server love quicksmelt, however they complain about the negative side effects of not being able to cook food or quickly collect charcoal.

My config file values are
    "ChancePerConsumption": 1.0,
    "ProductionModifier": 100.0

3. The production modifier is way to high to start with, and it doesn't increase wood consumption, only ore/food rate of production.

One way to have the food not burn is have all the slots in the fireplace occupied so it spits the cooked food out.

4. I can add some extra logic to avoid "overcooking" meat, but that defeats the balance a bit.

As far as charcoal production goes, that's a good note. I'll add an extra modifier for that as well tonight/tomorrow.

5. Ok thank you, i'll dial down the number to try and find the sweet spot.

That would be amazing, thank you Apocdev.

6. apocdev updated QuickSmelt with a new update entry:

Charcoal production + Better food cooking

[DOUBLEPOST=1433440136][/DOUBLEPOST]As posted above, I added the charcoal and food cooking changes.

I decided not to go too far with the charcoal, as it would cause more headaches than it would solve. I only increased the chance that wood gets turned into charcoal (the game is 50% by default. The plugin increases this to 75% by default). I decided not to do something like "turn 10 wood into 10 charcoal each tick", because I want to avoid completely drying up the fuel-source very quickly. (I may change my mind in the future, and just speed *everything* up entirely)

7. I think I must be doing something wrong, what ever I change in the config file results in no change in production. This is what's set in the config
    Config["ProductionModifier"] = 100.0f;
    Config["ChancePerConsumption"] = 1.0f;
    Config["CharcoalChanceModifier"] = 1.5f;
    Config["DontOvercookMeat"] = true;

What am I doing wrong?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Don't edit the plugin directly, edit the config file under oxide/configs. Make sure you are formatting it properly as well, else it will reset to defaults. To use the updated config, reload the plugin or restart the server.

9. what do you mean by "under oxide/configs"?
    can you please provide a picture of some sort. I'm lost.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Edit the file named "QuickSmelt.json" in the oxide/configs folder.

11. I run my server using TCAdmin Panel and i've put it like this:

Config["ProductionModifier"] = 85f;
    Config["ChancePerConsumption"] = 1.0f;
    Config["CharcoalChanceModifier"] = 1.5f;
    Config["DontOvercookMeat"] = true;

I download the file from the plugins folder, edit it and then replace it. Afterwards, i restart the server. Still no result.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That is the plugin, you shouldn't edit it directly. The plugin has a config file named "QuickSmelt.json" in the oxide/config folder. If you do not have access to the configs folder, I'd recommend contacting your host. Once you'd edited the config (not the plugin), reload the plugin using the "oxide.reload QuickSmelt" command in RCON or server console.

13. ty kind sir

14. Thanks so much, this is the trouble with giving someone with a small amount of knowledge the power to screw things up :)

15. Has anyone run into an issue with this not generating a .json config automatically? No matter what it just doesn't create the config. I've tried reload, restart and manually creating the .json, nothing seems to work. When I create my own .json I get the following error.
    Code:
    [Oxide] 2:25 PM [Error] Failed to call hook 'OnConsumeFuel' on plugin 'QuickSmelt' (InvalidCastException: Null object can not be converted to a value type.)
    [Oxide] 2:25 PM [Debug]   at System.Convert.ToType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider, Boolean try_target_to_type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at System.Convert.ChangeType (System.Object value, System.Type conversionType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Configuration.DynamicConfigFile.ConvertValue (System.Object value, System.Type destinationType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Configuration.DynamicConfigFile.ConvertValue[Single] (System.Object value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Configuration.DynamicConfigFile.Get[Single] (System.String[] path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.QuickSmelt.get_ProductionModifier () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.QuickSmelt.OnConsumeFuel (.BaseOven oven, .Item fuel, .ItemModBurnable burnable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
      at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

16. Where is the location to the folder where i can modify the speed melting

17. Where all of the plugin config files are. In the config folder. Same place as the plugins folder.

18. We're having a bit of a problem with the configs file on ClanForge for this plugin. This is what ours looks like:

{
    "CharcoalChanceModifier": 1.5,
    "DontOvercookMeat": true
    }

There is nothing else in the configs file. We've tried adding in the production modifier and chance per consumption portion by copying and pasting what you have posted on the page about the plugin, but every time we save and apply, it deletes that and just leaves us with the two lines above. Why is it doing that?

19. Delete your config completely and reload the plugin to create a new one. It looks like an invalid value was put for charcoal chance modifier or don't overcook meat which caused it to screw up the config file maybe. Give that a try and see if it fixes.

20. So I tried what you suggested, and it didn't work. But then I discovered there were a couple missing commas in the thing that I was copying and pasting. And I added the commas, and it worked. LOL