Quests

Creates quests for players to go on to earn rewards, complete with a GUI menu

Total Downloads: 9,364 - First Release: May 31, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 11, 2018

5/5, 53 likes
  1. Hmm, I don't make sense of it. I type /q, create quest, kill - it says to type in chat, I type in chat and it sends a chat message. I don't understand how to get past that step. It just beeps...

2. Quests will accept killing of a HumanNPC as valid for a kill quest, which i think is great! for PVE. Would you please consider making it so that it will also accept Bots from BotSpawn (the scientist NPC's) to also register as valid targets in kill quest? tbh would be great if it is easily done, to set a config for both HumanNPC and the BotSpawn scientists npc, only because i could see pvp servers possibly not wanting someone on a kill quest to kill an npc instead of a real player. But i think with the ability to allow or disallow npc kills in kill quest makes nice option for pve and mixed pve+pvp servers.

thank you for your consideration
    Kas

3. All of a sudden when I type in chat it started to work. Strange.

4. Is there a way to reset the quests data when wiping?

5. hi, yes u need to delete "quests_players.json" in the data folder "/oxide/data/Quests" its just the progress for all players.

if u want delete all data from Quests, unlaod plugin quests and delete the folder Quests in "/oxide/data"

6. I try to type /questnpc while standing in front of a valid npc, but I continue to get "Unable to find a valid NPC"

Is there a secret I might be missing?

7. I tried deleting quest_players.jsona nd reloading the plugin, but it doesn't let them start again without the cooldown. Any ideas?

8. Hi, try this at firts, unload plugin, then delete the file quest_players.json, then relaod the plugin. if it not work so u need restart server

9. Failed to call hook 'OnBetterChat' on plugin 'Quests v2.2.3' (InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.)
    at Oxide.Plugins.Quests.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

10. Hi,

If a player is on a delivery mission they can suicide and respawn at the next vendor and cheat the system. Is there a way to have the delivery quest cancel when the player suicides?.

Thanks.

11. Hi,

When players complete quests, they haven't their € using Economics, can you fix it please ?

And my server is x3 with ZLevels (now, we can change amount gathering with it)
    When players cut wood for example, Quests count like a vanilla server (x1) can you fix it too please?

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Please test the latest Oxide snapshot here: AppVeyor

Should fix plugins using the wrong hook arguments in the plugin they are relying on (ie. Economics) by sending new object[ "blah", blah ] instead of the actual hook's args in the plugin they are calling or sending an int when the target plugin expects a double.

13. Its installed on my server, replaced by the old Oxide

Oxide.version 3519 ?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2017
  14. Ok so @Wulf seem work with Quests, but not with EventManager

15. Greetings Oxide Community. Is anyone having issues where the gathered amount exceeds the set quest limit? We have farmed over 200,000 wood, with a quest limit of 100,000 and it has recorded around 80,000.

~FoX~

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2017
  16. Did you use a plugin to increase resource gathering ? Like ZLevel, GatherManager qomething like this?

17. I would like to see an update to this plugin including bot kills. Also when making quests, it seems that the plugin lags the server a bit, maybe caused by memory leak or something? idk and while typing in the chat bar what it asks you to type, it also types in chat. Is there a way to block it from being shown in chat. I seem to remember it not showing in chat at one time.

18. Indeed i have both running. 2x gather with up to 3x at max Zlvls. Does the Quests only count on a 1x value?

19. Seem count x1 value yea :/

20. I just did my quests again a week ago and the quest stuff did not show up in chat :(
    [DOUBLEPOST=1507843159][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thank you for the feedback :)