Quests

Creates quests for players to go on to earn rewards, complete with a GUI menu

Total Downloads: 9,320 - First Release: May 31, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 11, 2018

5/5, 53 likes
  1. is there any way to have the plugin NOT create icons on the map automatically?

2. ignore this post please remove

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2017
  3. hello is there a way to make a 1 time quest with this please

Thanks
    Dave

4. bump =)

5. Suggestion for the latest updates in Rust, for blueprint system.
    If you can make it so we can use the quest system to reward blueprints that'd be awesome to help get people moving up but atm we can't because we can't actually hold the bp in our hand and use the chat based commands to set the reward

6. manually set it in the json just at _bp to the end of the item i believe

7. Thanks for this I'll have to try it later. I just wasn't sure if they started manually added ID numbers to the bp since they did an overhaul to the system -.-

8. I'm getting an error every second or so in rcon, "(20:46:51) | [Quests] Error retrieving quest info for: Wolves Hunt"
    It just keep spamming this info about every quest I have set up. I first thought it was caused by me editing the data files manually, but after deleting everything and trying again, I see it's still happening. Any ideas?

9. plugin works but not very good on a modded rust server.
    Say u have your server set to 5x or whatever.
    U make a quest to tell someone to get 100k wood.
    It doesnt take into account that they are collecting wood at 5x.

10. Is it possible to create followquest.
    First quit Quest 1, then you get Quest 1.1 and so on.

11. IDK if you figured this out yet but I just made a 100% transparent icon for it.

12. I use BotSpawn for Rust is it possible to make one of my spawned bots the kill target?

13. yes, you create a kill quest for a player, quest name, items etc etc. so if u ready and finished create the quest, u navigate and open your
    oxide\data\Quests path and open quests_data.json so now u search your created kill quest and search for "Objective": "player", there u edit it now to "Objective": "scientist", or "Objective": "murderer", u need to know wich bots/npc u use and edit "ObjectiveName": "Player", to "ObjectiveName": "Scientist", or Zombies or what ever u want how your objective target called. so now u save it and reload plugin Quests. have fun.

14. Ok I'll give it a shot but I am not looking to kill a scientist/murderer even though BotSpawn uses them as a base. I have used the custom bot feature and have a custom config like this:
    Code:
    {
      "CustomProfiles": {
        "Commando Guard": {
          "Activate": true,
          "Murderer": true,
          "Bots": 2,
          "BotHealth": 250,
          "Radius": 2,
          "Kit": "commando2",
          "BotName": "Commando Guard",
          "Bot_Firing_Range": 150,
          "Bot_Accuracy": 8,
          "Bot_Damage": 0.9,
          "Respawn_Timer": 3600,
          "Disable_Radio": true,
          "LocationX": -266.304077,
          "LocationY": 17.1568146,
          "LocationZ": 441.354065,
          "Aggression_Range": 100
        },
    The "BotName": "Commando Guard", is what I named them. So does that mean if I follow your directions and use "Objective": "Commando Guard" I tried and can't get an update. Maybe I am missing something.

Rcon spits out
    Commando Guard[689389/76561190009240604] was killed by Void_Time_Gaming[42955/76561198158486000]

but no update in quest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2018
  15. so i see in your config u use "Murderer": true, then the NPC is a murderer, if "Murderer": false, then the NPC is a scientist

this is a example from oxide\data\Quests\quests_data.json :

"Kill Commando Guard": {
    "QuestName": "Kill Commando Guard",
    "Description": "We need to kill Commando Guard",
    "Objective": "murderer",
    "ObjectiveName": "Commando Guard", <<--- this u can call how ever u want
    "AmountRequired": 1,
    "Cooldown": 7200,
    "ItemDeduction": false,
    "Rewards": [
    {
    "isRP": false,
    "isCoins": true,
    "isHuntXP": false,
    "DisplayName": "Coins",
    "ShortName": null,
    "ID": 0,
    "Amount": 5000.0,
    "BP": false,
    "Skin": 0
    }
    ]
    },

16. Is assigning quests to npc's not an actual feature? Never get an option to do so through the in-game UI and nothing in the data files linking an npc to a quest. Assuming I'm not crazy, what's the point of quest vendors then?

17. How do i reset quests for players because everytime i delete the data file it comes back

[EDIT]
    I unloaded the plugin, deleted the file, then loaded it. This worked.

18. I also would like to request a 1 time quest option.

19. I have the icon in the proper place prior to creating any quest vendor yet the image doesnt load on LustyMap. Just a white box

20. Any way to get the HQO quest working correctly?