Quests

Creates quests for players to go on to earn rewards, complete with a GUI menu

Total Downloads: 9,319 - First Release: May 31, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 11, 2018

5/5, 53 likes
  1. Check this post for an example for Bradley Quest:

Quests

2. Thanks Diesel! Will check it out and start with the program/tool to create quests.

3. The craft quest doesn´t work. Can somebody help me with this?

4. Forgot to quote
    [DOUBLEPOST=1518776876][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I had some issues before to but diesel helped me and now it works.
    To help you we need more information.
    What are you trying? What isn't working?
    What error or screen do you see?

5. ok, i was trying to make a test quest, to see if it works. the test was 'craft a campfire' for 100 economics.
    I accept the quest, craft the campfire and nothing happens. I tried this with many other items, and there was the same problem.
    I have no errors on the screen.

6. Can you paste the config of that quest here?
    It is in your data folder.

7. yes there it is.
    I think I now the problem.Could it be the language?

Attached Files:

8. The camp fire looks good. It might be the special characters you are using.
    Try to add one (camp fire only) and check if it works.
    Also do you have economics installed? You can try to give an item as a basic test if the plugin works.
    If it works do the same but then with a special character in it.

9. So I have tried this many times with many other items. It doesn't work. Also not with another language.
    Can it be the noworkbench plug in or the blueprint manager because on my server you don't need blueprint or workbenches?

Attached Files:

10. That shouldn't be the case. If i have time i check you config on my server

11. ok thanks

12. I couldn’t get crafting quest to work either but found out it doesn’t work with Instacraft. If inventory is full and it bypasses magic/instacraft then it will work.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1519148337][/DOUBLEPOST]I’m seeking assistance with Loot Quest. It won’t register picking things up from crates, boxes, or barrels.

13. Corrct me if i am wrong, but I thought loot was only loot from other players. Not from crates. Otherwise you just put that item in a box and quest will be completed.

@lukas_wild this week i hope to transfer my test server files to my main server. Then my test server is clean and will check it out for you. But what bowman21 said might be corrct. I don’t use instacraft.

14. Yeah, i have this issue too. I did all the steps. useNPC is set to true in cfg. Registered QuestVendor shows on the delete vendor menu is gui.... But i do not get an option to link a quest to the registered NPC during the creation process.

15. Hello.
    I love this plug-in and use it alot on my server! However the other day i decided to try the BetterChatMute plug-in before i knew it would interfere with this plug-in. I have unloaded and removed all files from the mute plug-in but i still cant get the Quest plug-in to work. It doesnt seem to register kills for the kill quests. Is there any fix or am i screwed? :/

16. Where can i reset the cooldowns?

17. It seems like alot of Objectives dont work. For example HQ Metal Ore - It just dont cout and i guess it is because of the way you get it. You only receive the HQ Metal Ore if the stone breaks on last hit so you acually dont "gather" via "hit". Same thing for Apples in Lootcrates or something like that.

18. See this post for HQ Ore fix. Not sure about the apples though.

Quests

19. Yea, it fixed the issue but i guess i have to code my own implementation of Zlevels since its adding the Bonus now, but not the Zlevel Bonus.

Little edit - im pretty new to rust development, but i found the issue.
    ZLevel, Quests and Gather hook on the same function and ( afaik ) you cant controll in which order the 3 hooks happens, so i decidet to make some changes to the Quest and ZLevel plugin. ZLevel now calls 2 new functions on Quests Plugin after the amount + bonus is calculated. Im not sure if this can have a bad impact on performance, but the pros here can may judge.

So thats what i did on ZLevel:

Above "void OnDispenserGather(ResourceDispenser dispenser, BaseEntity entity, Item item)"
    Code:
    [PluginReference]
    Plugin Quests;

and inside this function at the end:

Code:
    object result = Quests.Call("GatherQuest", entity, item);
    ( you dont really need the result, but i want to make a check later on )

and inside: void OnCollectiblePickup(Item item, BasePlayer player, CollectibleEntity entity) once again at the bottom of the function:

Code:
    object result = Quests.Call("PickupQuest", player, item );
    In the Quests Plugin, simply replace OnDispenserGather/OnCollectiblePick and OnDispenserBonus with this:

Code:
    // We dont hook into that base functions anymore since we can't make sure the hooks happens in the correct order ( zlevel first, quest after )
            // Gather
            void GatherQuest(BaseEntity entity, Item item) {            BasePlayer player = entity?.ToPlayer();
                if (player != null)
                    if (hasQuests(player.userID) && isQuestItem(player.userID, item.info.shortname, QuestType.Gather))
                        ProcessProgress(player, QuestType.Gather, item.info.shortname, item.amount);

}

// Pickup
            void PickupQuest( BasePlayer player, Item item ) {

if (player != null)
                    if (hasQuests(player.userID) && isQuestItem(player.userID, item.info.shortname, QuestType.Gather))
            }       // ZLevel don't have effect on OnPlantGather
            void OnPlantGather(PlantEntity plant, Item item, BasePlayer player)
            {
                if (player != null)
            }

// This fix stays intact since zlevel don't touch the Bonus
           void OnDispenserBonus(ResourceDispenser dispenser, BasePlayer player, Item item)
            {
                var name = player.name;

PrintWarning($"Dispenser Bonus Called for {name}.");
               if (player != null)
            }
    im not fully sure about OnDispenserBonus but when i did the tests, i had the exact same amount of wood and stone in my inventory like it was shown on the quest. ( I think the dispenser.finishbonus get appendet to the dispenser without hooking this function )

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2018
  20. Is it possible to set more conditions to get a reward?

Like kill 5 Bears, 1 Chicken, 2 Wolfs and 2 Horses to get 50 RP.

Is that already possible or can this be added? :D

Mfg Bi0