Quests

Creates quests for players to go on to earn rewards, complete with a GUI menu

Total Downloads: 9,364 - First Release: May 31, 2015 - Last Update: Jun 11, 2018

5/5, 53 likes
  1. how do i add a quest to a NPC???

2. The image file wont load for the vendors. Any idea why?

Image loading fail! Error: Couldn't open file /c:\games\216_155_140_48_28036\1310214\ruste\oxide\data\LustyMap\custom\vendoricon.png.png

3. CTG

CTG

The explanation of this in the notes is extremely vague. I share your frustration. I had one NPC where the quest dialog asked me to assign the name of the NPC for the quest, since then I've made dozens more quests and never seen the dialog again. Feels broken to me.

4. for some reason i cant add quests when i follow instructions it just types in global chat
    is this because of betterchat?

5. Problem with dupe items+rewards points still actually. Add cooldown for get rewards. Players can get rewards over 100500 time - we think they can get it with using macros. Its REALLY BIG PROBLEM. And if you can - please take a log earnings things thats we can ban players who use macros for dupe

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  6. Hi,
    Nice, very nice plugin, but one question : amount for the quests are there the vanilla ones or the ZLevels ones ?
    Example, for wood, vanilla is 50 with salvaged Axe, with ZLevels it's 300 at my level... so, for the plugin, 50 or 300 ?

7. Can I remove some types of questions? I need to remove "Craft" section. Can I do it?

8. Can't seem to change the cooldown period for a quest once created, is it possible and how?
    If not, please consider this as a feature request ;)

9. Hello everyone,

I installed the Quests plugin and I am admin from my server and yet I can not create quests because the creation quests, edit and delete buttons are not in the menu.
    Thank you for your help.

usergroup add username admin

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2017
  10. Hello everyone,

I have installed the Quests plugin and I am administrator of my server and in game, and yet I can not create quests because the creation, editing and deleting buttons are not in the menu.
    Can you help me.

Here are the permissions I have as Admin, and I do not see Quests in the list.

Group 'admin' permissions:
    oxide.plugins, oxide.load, oxide.reload, oxide.unload, oxide.grant, oxide.group, oxide.revoke, oxide.show, oxide.usergroup, autodoors.allowed, backpacks.use, backpacks.use.small, backpacks.use.medium, backpacks.use.large, backpacks.admin, customlootspawns.admin, customresourcespawns.admin, deathnotes.customize, deathnotes.see, enhancedhammer.use, lootprotection.bypass, lootprotection.corpse, lootprotection.sleeper, nteleportation.deletehome, nteleportation.homehomes, nteleportation.importhomes, nteleportation.radiushome, nteleportation.tp, nteleportation.tpb, nteleportation.tpconsole, nteleportation.tphome, nteleportation.tptown, nteleportation.tpn, nteleportation.tpl, nteleportation.tpremove, nteleportation.tpsave, nteleportation.wipehomes, nteleportation.crafthome, nteleportation.crafttown, nteleportation.crafttpr, nteleportation.vip, nightlantern.use, quicksmelt.allow, zlevelsremastered.use, kits.admin, kits.consolegive, removertool.remove, removertool.admin, removertool.target, removertool.all, stacksizecontroller.canchangestacksize

usergroup add username admin

11. Hi Guys. I have a question. I want to disable to get quests with /q command. Players need to go town to get quests from NPC. some1 can tell me how can i do that?

12. Is there a way to add a quest that can only ever be completed once?

13. I wondered the same thing. As a workaround, I set the cooldown to a number of minutes greater than the server wipe cycle.

14. After reading almost every page I'm surprised no one is sharing there quests data/ideas

15. Created a Gather Quest, have to collect 15000 wood, its not working at all. I've gathered 20000 and it hasn't completed . Server is x5

16. Everything works as described, only issue I have is when creating the quest it does appear in chat as well. and The delivery menu does not appear at all so I am unable to create any delivery quests at all? ive installed all required dependancies for the NPC plugin as well and reloaded the quest plugin. any ideas?

17. I made a quest, but it doesn't reward when its completed.

"Heat Seeker": {
    "QuestName": "Heat Seeker",
    "Description": "Craft 1 Rocket Launcher | Recieve Reward",
    "Objective": "rocket.launcher",
    "ObjectiveName": "Rocket Launcher",
    "AmountRequired": 1,
    "Cooldown": 1440,
    "ItemDeduction": false,
    "Rewards": [
    {
    "isRP": false,
    "isCoins": false,
    "isHuntXP": false,
    "DisplayName": "Smoke Rocket WIP!!!!",
    "ShortName": "ammo.rocket.smoke",
    "ID": 1594947829,
    "Amount": 6.0,
    "BP": false,
    "Skin": 0
    },
    {
    "isRP": false,
    "isCoins": true,
    "isHuntXP": false,
    "DisplayName": "Coins",
    "ShortName": null,
    "ID": 0,
    "Amount": 250.0,
    "BP": false,
    "Skin": 0
    [DOUBLEPOST=1500353033][/DOUBLEPOST]I have instacraft, would that be causing the issue?

Attached Files:

18. Hmm. Suddenly whenever you type /q to bring up quest gui, lustymap vanishes and nothing else happens. Thoughts?

19. getting this on server restart
    Code:
     Failed to call hook 'OnItemAddedToContainer' on plugin 'Quests v2.2.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (10:54:59) | at Oxide.Plugins.Quests.hasQuests (UInt64 player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Quests.OnItemAddedToContainer (.ItemContainer container, .Item item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Quests.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (10:54:59) | Failed to call hook 'OnItemAddedToContainer' on plugin 'Quests v2.2.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    (10:54:59) | at Oxide.Plugins.Quests.hasQuests (UInt64 player) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Quests.OnItemAddedToContainer (.ItemContainer container, .Item item) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.Quests.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
      at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    (10:54:59) | Failed to call hook 'OnItemAddedToContainer' on plugin 'Quests v2.2.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

20. I translate this plugin, only my game translation success, other people or English :(