Portals

Create portals allowing players to walk through to another location

Total Downloads: 3,761 - First Release: Jul 16, 2015 - Last Update: Nov 23, 2017

5/5, 17 likes
  1. Are you sure it's the great syntaxe : 10.00 ?

2. Im getting the following error please advise.
    [Oxide] 07:16 [Error] Portals.cs(97,140): error CS1061: Type `string' does not contain a definition for `ToFloat' and no extension method `ToFloat' of type `string' could be found. Are you missing `Facepunch.Extend' using directive?

Never mind finished reading all the questions found my answer.
    add "using Facepunch.Extend;" to top line of plugin file

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2016
  3. i have to reload every time someone uses a portal.

[Oxide] 20:48 [Error] Failed to run a 10.00 timer in 'Portals v1.3.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 20:48 [Debug] at Oxide.Plugins.Portals.ForcePlayerPosition (.BasePlayer player, Vector3 pos) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Plugins.Portals.Portal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.FireCallback () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

4. anyone else having this issue since the recent Rust Update 09/01?

(02:17:21) | [Oxide] 23:17 [Error] Portals plugin failed to compile!
    (02:17:21) | [Oxide] 23:17 [Error] Portals.cs(97,140): error CS1061: Type `string' does not contain a definition for `ToFloat' and no extension method `ToFloat' of type `string' could be found. Are you missing `Facepunch.Extend' using directive?

5. Not really, use your imagination. Put up a sign, build a small hut, make a portal room with doors?

6. this still work"?

7. Yes. Works perfectly.

8. I'm getting this error:

Code:
    Unable to load Portals. Portals.cs(97,140): error CS1061: Type `string' does not contain a definition for `ToFloat' and no extension method `ToFloat' of type `string' could be found. Are you missing `Facepunch.Extend' using directive?

9. Here the corrected version, compile perfectly

Attached Files:

10. We are having major issues getting this to work properly. It seems to work fine once and then just breaks.

Any updates planned for this resource?

This is the error message that we keep getting:

[Oxide] 13:34 [Error] Failed to run a 10.00 timer in 'Portals v1.3.3' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)
    [Oxide] 13:34 [Debug] at Oxide.Plugins.Portals.ForcePlayerPosition (.BasePlayer player, Vector3 pos) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Oxide.Plugins.Portals.Portal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 at Oxide.Core.Libraries.Timer+TimerInstance.FireCallback () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2016
  11. Same issue with it working fine once, then errors out after that.

12. [Error] Portals plugin failed to compile!
    [Error] Portals.cs(97,140): error CS1061: Type `string' does not contain a definition for `ToFloat' and no extension method `ToFloat' of type `string' could be found. Are you missing `Facepunch.Extend' using directive?

wanted to test this plugin for my server, but get this same error, with the newest version (which should fix exaxtly this) and some others i tried for reference => error is the same except line numbers

13. a couple of pages back, someone wrote a patch. Download it from that post, not from the actual download on the mods page. See if that fixes it.

14. it did! thanks!
    its page 20, posted by Elkarys

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2016
  15. Is there a way to attach several exit portals to a single enter portal? The exit would then be chosen randomly from the list of exit coordinates. If this can be done, how exactly? I've tried listing more than one exit in the same portal within the config file, as well as creating separate portals in the same position as the enter portal with a different attached exit portals... each time, the first exit portal listed is the one used.

Edit:
    Just saw someone else asking the same thing.

I personally, would find a random portal with connected database useful, so that players can use it after arriving in a welcome area for the first time; of course though, a random portal could be used for several different ideas; such as events.

Currently, I have been designing my portals to have sub portals to allow players to teleport to their choosing N, W, S, E and with 4 spots to choose from. Quickly realizing though, this would be a feature easily abused by players for a few reasons; I'd like to be able to have a single enter portal with multi random exit portals. I believe this would severely reduce the risk of abuse.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2016
  16. i simply placed a christmas gift underneath the portal for some effect, might be an idea for a update?

Attached Files:

17. LaserHydra updated Portals with a new update entry:

18. "portals.use" does not exist!

19. (15:28:33) | Permission 'portals.use' doesn't exist This is the error I get when I try to use the portals.use permission

20. Did you do oxide.grant group default portals.use