Portals

Create portals allowing players to walk through to another location

Total Downloads: 3,736 - First Release: Jul 16, 2015 - Last Update: Nov 23, 2017

5/5, 17 likes
  1. It should exist once you created a portal with that permission.

2. I really like the capabilities that this plugin could do. I am looking to integrate this into a mini-game server. Is there any way that the kits hook can be implemented into this? That way when you teleport you can automatically redeem a kit. Is this possible to integrate?

3. (23:16:32) | Permission 'portals.use' doesn't exist Is the error I also get when I try to use it.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1477894769][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I agree it should but that is the error I get

4. Did you already create a portal?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1477895679][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I will add a hook on portal usage which you will be able to use for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2016
  5. OK I managed to fix it, there's a line of code missing, I had to edit the portals.cs file in notepad:

Where it says:
    RegisterPerm("admin");

I changed it to:
    RegisterPerm("admin");
    RegisterPerm("use");

This then allowed me to register the permission in the console :)

6. Actually its not missing at all.
    It just doesn't exist as long as you don't have a portal created.

Code:
    foreach (PortalInfo portal in portals)
                {
                    permission.RegisterPermission(portal.RequiredPermission, this);
                    portal.Create();
                }

7. LaserHydra updated Portals with a new update entry:

8. Not everyone logs in to the server themselves, some of us host them for friends to use so it was a bit off messing around if I had to set myself with portal.* permissions then go in to the game and create a portal to then set permissions for others.

Anyway thanks for fixing it :)

9. I did but I will try it again.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1477936527][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I installed the updated plugin and it works now. Thanks

10. So I have created and entrance and exit sphere. I entered oxide.grant group default portals.use but when I reach the portal nothing happens.

11. Try reloading the plugin please.

12. Laser,
    Loving the mini zone domes to mark the portal itself. What I need to do (besides being able to redeem a kit), is have one entrance with multiple exit portals and the exit portal is randomly selected from the list of exit portals. This way in essence it is working basically as a spawn point for a mini-arena. The other option would be to add a Spawns database hook capability so that you would just make a one-way portal that would directly connect to a spawnfile within an arena. Please let me know if this is a possibility to use within the current version or if we can add that. This is the only thing currently holding up my server from being finished so please let me know.

13. The connection with spawn database is actually a good idea. I will look into it.

14. Hey :) Everyone on my server can the the white spheres of the TPzones, can I disable this?

15. Currently not without editing the source code.

16. Hi..great plug!!!! can i actually increase the white sphere size? and again please..how do u change radius? tks!

17. I am getting this error With latest Rust update 1066.67 (1923) and Oxide 2.0.2721

Portals.jpg

:(

18. Im having the same issue here, Might need to update the plugin

19. LaserHydra updated Portals with a new update entry:

20. @LaserHydra Thanks for the fast update. I am getting another permissions error. Can you help me out?

[Oxide] 12:18 [Info] Unloaded plugin Portals v2.0.2 by LaserHydra
    [Oxide] 12:18 [Info] Loaded plugin Portals v2.0.2 by LaserHydra
    [Oxide] 12:18 [Warning] Duplicate permission registered 'portals.use' (by plugin 'Portals')

I have tried to revoke then give permission. I have tried to remove the data file and replace the portals and still get the error. No one can use the portals till they have permission.

Thanks for any help you can give