1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Have you checked your logs for errors? Do the server have +oxide.directory set by you or the host? What location did you move the plugins to exactly?

2. WULF, sorry for the Stress, but my English is not the Yellow from the Egg :D Its working now, bit why i must change the startup today and bevore update is all working ?

3. @Wulf Hey there, 6 hours later and I'm still fighting LOL! What files do I need to move, and where is this new file it's supposed to go into? My hosting is being a bit of a um....butt, to say the least.

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

whereeveryourserverisinstalled/server/identity/oxide to whereeveryourserverisinstalled/oxide

5. Oh for the love of god, I've got to hand-move approximately 200 Plugins...death to my hands...

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You can move the entire folder, this isn't the stone age. :p

7. Most of my plugins seems to be working but I'm getting nowhere with Godmode and a few others, when I try to you them in game all I'm getting is this message.

Edit: It seems to me that the plugins like Godmode are not being loaded by the server when the server is loading.

Edit: I forced the plugin to reload but I still get the same message.

Attached Files:

8. "OxideRcon":{
    "Enabled":false,
    "Port":25580,
    "Password":"",
    "ChatPrefix":"[Server Console]"
    }
    What is its purpose? RustAdmin tool??

9. My hosting is the stone age. This isn't possible with them. :p
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493939929][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I think so!

10. ... so again: thank u WULF for Help, all is working now ! Iam very Happy, if i have a realTime-Plugin *g*, the Rain in RUST is not coming in my House and i have Glas Windows :D Good Nigt from Hamburg / Germany :)

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That message is shown if you do not have some/all of the permissions granted for what you are trying to use. The command requires the godmode.toggle permission. The only way you'd see that is if you do not have the permission granted, which is not related to this thread.

Custom RCON tools, generally for games other than Rust that do not have RCON.

12. I stopped the server using Control Panel provided by Host. I then used File Zilla to copy everything from old directory to new directory, and then deleted old directory for oxide. I then used Cpanel to restart the server. Waited 10 minutes, logged into RCON using RustAdmin tool, verified it was detecting Oxide.Version. Logged into the game, tried to use copy paste pluggin to copy a wall, and was told that that was unavaiable.

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Sounds like your server is setup to a hard-coded path or one using the server.identity, so you'd need to contact your host to see.

14. Not sure on errors in log file. Where do I find this exactly. As far as the +oxide.directory, i have nothing set for that anywhere, have server set to use whatever is default, just like prior to update. The location i moved everything too, is under the Server Folder. After the update, it created a new oxide folder in root directory. This is where i pasted everything from my backup too.

/server/oxide
    [DOUBLEPOST=1493942358][/DOUBLEPOST]Can you give me exact instructions for my command line so i can set oxide back to its orignal location from server backup files?
    I literally need it spelled out. I am new to this like i said.

15. Why was it even necessary this directory change happen, it's caused so many issues.

16. @Wulf I manage to get it all to work now, I don't exactly know what caused the problem on my end but it seems the 4 files 0xide.users/groups etc. reset to default when I try to copy and paste all things att once :/
    After I pasted them manualy 1 by 1 my problem where solved!

Thanks again wulf for all the work and info!

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That makes no sense, but okay. ;p

The reason is in the first post. I doubt your issue is related either, it isn't a complicated change.

If your server is using the oxide folder in he root, there isn't really an need to move it back, but if you want to you just need to add the oxide.directory example in the first post to your startup .bat or .sh. Shutdown server, add the argument, start get server, done.

18. **We've recently made changes to the storage location/path and core configuration for Oxide that will hopefully fix a few issues some hosts and server owners were facing when using shared paths.**

19. Hi Wulf, I think your doing fantastic with this thread, your patience is Golden. I have read through a lot of this, and I think the main problem is many don't, or are not, seeing the proper process for the change, they see questions and answers and screenshots, but nothing fluid to say "point a to point b" in a manner they understand. (i used to be one of them and still am to an extant) Is it, or if it has been done already, a video to help people who (are probably hosting their server with another host for example) that do not understand how to implement it, available? or will someone be creating this for the majority of the newer crew learning about programming and oxide? thanks! :)

(ps, it is because of this site and you great people that many of us have learned so much! keep up the good work! :))

20. If you're on a Windows dedi, my post a couple of days ago should help as it looks like I got it right first time. If you're on a Linux dedi it should still help.

Oxide directory location and configuration changes | Page 2 | Oxide

I can confirm that if on Windows and you use something like this as your command line to start up Rust, it will be as if the Oxide change didn't happen and everything will remain where it was. In other words the Rust server will start and use the directory \server\Server01\ as the location of all your game files.

Code:
    RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.identity Server01 +oxide.directory "\server\{server.identity}\oxide" +server.port 28015 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password "########"

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017