1. but now is again updated minute ago, without oxide works fine when start oxide crash :/

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

There has only been one Rust update and one Oxide release today.

3. was perfect but i updated again a minute ago and now is bad :(

lastest oxide ver. is ... ? meabe im doing again something wrong :/ (sry 4 my eng.)

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. @Wulf
    Hello Wulf. What is this oxide rcon about? never heard of it previously. I'm a bit worried that i haven't set a password atm. Where can I find more information about Oxide RCON? Is it bad to have no password set atm?

5. can i get a link to lastest oxide pliss im bit confiused now :(

6. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Downloads tab always has the latest.

Nothing uses it at the moment, and it is mainly targeted for games without RCON already.

7. Alright, I definitely won`t configure all plugins again.Am I to expect any problems if I just copy paste plugins, config and data folders to the new location?

8. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

No, you can move them safely, just make sure the server is offline.

9. I did that, and the problem I am facing now is that all my permissions are screwed up :/
    Like I am the owner the server see me as a authlvl 2 but I can't activate my godmode/vanish/etc. I am not sure if there is a simple solution for this but I hope there is?

Anyone facing this same problem to?
    Or can someone explain me a little more about how to change the path that wulf posted tonight, because I don't get it to work to use my old folder/plugins etc.?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE:
    I also get a bunch of this errors from different plugins,

(21:53:42) | Failed to call hook 'OnUserChat' on plugin 'BetterChat v5.0.11' (NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object)

(21:53:42) | at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.OnUserChat (IPlayer player, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.BetterChat.DirectCallHook (System.String name, System.Object& ret, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Plugins.CSharpPlugin.InvokeMethod (HookMethod method, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Core.Plugins.CSPlugin.OnCallHook (System.String name, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Oxide.Core.Plugins.Plugin.CallHook (System.String hook, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Did you move all of the files while the server was offline? If not, then it would have overwritten them with whatever it had in memory on shutdown. A simple move of the folders and files is all it takes, nothing changed other than the location.

11. I think you just need to do these steps:

- ownerid <yoursteam64ID> <yourSteamname>
    -usergroup add <yourSteamname OR steam64ID> admin
    -server.writecfg

Usually after restarts or wipes, I cannot do anything unless I do these first.

12. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You are automatically added to the admin group if you are auth level 2 (ownerid) in Rust on connection. You do not need to do any of those steps though, as none of Rust's users.cfg stuff was touched by Oxide's folder location change. So unless you deleted Rust's users.cfg, then there'd be no reason to follow any of those steps.

13. Nah, on my end it appears to be an issue with the host.This is my regular routine.Not a big deal, I got used to it.

By the way, all my plugins now work.I will do further testing but it appears there are no issues.Wulf, I wanna ask this-ALL permissions set for group default are also transferred right? Because dude, I will jump off the balcony if something is missing. LOL

14. I did, the only thing what I did is not overwrite the few files that where already included in the latest update of oxide. Can that cause this problem?

The server already see me as a owner/admin but the permissions for all the mods seem to be messed up in some way :/

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

All permissions are set in the files stored under your oxide/data folder; so if you moved that then they'd all still be there.

16. Thank God.I can now prepare everything for the new beginning.Thank you for support, Wulf.

17. Wulf Is there a step to step post somwhere on the forum where they explain how to use the old path option, maybe that will fix my problems also lustymap won't load and a bunch of other plugins keep giving errors?

Thanks in advance

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The first post of this thread tells you how, with the +oxide.directory command-line argument.

19. I read that yeah, but to be honest I dont really understand where I have to change that and I am afraid to screw up the server :)

20. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If you are hosting locally, it'd be in your .bat or .sh script with the other startup stuff. If you are paying for a host with limited access, it's likely something they'd need to change for you.