Not an Issue Missing files from Oxide zip?

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by Morso, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Your bat file is wrong I fixed it for you rename it then replace it with the one you have

Attached Files:

2. so what do i actually have to do to get a plugins folder made? I'm used to it coming with start_example.bat and start_example.sh and the "plugins" folder and a load of other files would be made by running start_example.bat. The download only provides the "RustDedicated_Data" folder, do i paste that into rustds and run "RunDS.bat"? why did the download have to change???

the oxide for rust download only gives me a RustDedicated.Data folder, there is nothing else, how do i make my modded server, everything seems to have completly changed and i dont have a clue how to do it, as i am used to being provided with a few more files such as the ".sh" and ".bat" files that have been provided for SEVERAL YEARS now.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2017
  3. Many thanks for the help, but I'm having other problems haha. have some plugins that are not working for example bgrade

4. You need to post in each plugin topic for support

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The .bat is generic, it doesn't tell Oxide how to load or make plugins load, it's just a small script used by Rust to start the server with what you have set in it. The "_start-example.bat" was just an example of that which we included for convenience, but it isn't at all what makes Oxide work. The files that are include in the .zip you download for Oxide are the only files that you need to make Oxide work. You can see this file using the link I provided previously though if needed.

6. Made you a quick one download to desktop and open it with notepad++ and edit these lines to make it custom for your server
    server.hostname
    server.worldsize
    server.seed
    rcon.password
    server.description

Attached Files:

7. sorry to bother again but can you help me with this too?
    Screenshot

8. Hello there,

I was getting up an Rust Server and wanted to install the Oxidemod. So i looked up some videos on youtube.

When i downloadet the Oxide Mod i had only the "RustDedicated_Data" folder in.

But the guys in the Youtube videos got more in it then i. They got like the oxide.root.json, CSharp Compiler and stuff. I asked my friend to download this file, and he got the same files as me.

So i am asking, is there anyone who could help me please to install the oxide mod?

Im only able to set it up with ftp.

Regards

Jim Beam

9. Copy the whole folder from the zip over the same-named folder inside your Rust server-directory. Done!

10. I did, but nothing happend. I red that it should create a Oxide folder where i can put the plugins files. But sadly nothing...

11. The full oxide folder-structure gets initially created at first launch in the root-folder of the server.
    Therefore, run it once..voila...

12. Never go by any video on youtube they are all wrong if you are running this on your pc I can help you over skype

13. Im hosting a Server on host-unlimited,

I did, but sadly nothing got created.

/7Edit how do i know if oxide is starting...

Thank you for the help

14. First you can check also this one to get familiar with the NEW Oxide locations since May:
    >> Oxide directory location and configuration changes | Oxide

Secondly, when the server has started, you find in the lower right corner a "yellow" Oxide version string.
    If that one is not there, then you run unmodded.

15. Okey i will try thank you

16. Go buy a better pc or server host

17. why does the download only give me rustdedicated.data, it used to give "_start-example.bat" and "_start-example.sh" how am I supposed to make my rust server modded if the download doesn't even supply me with a batch file. Even when I write my own batch file and sh file based on earlier downloads, it still doesn't work, and yes, I have put them in rustds folder.

18. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What is included in the .zip is all you've ever needed and is the entire mod. The .sh and .bat files were just included for convenience and those that didn't already have a proper startup file, but either way not related to Oxide as those are for the server itself and not Oxide. Without seeing "what doesn't work" and having more details though, can't really help you.

19. so i made my vanilla server like this:

now what do i do with RustDedicated_Data? do i put it in rustds and run RunDS.bat