Not an Issue Missing files from Oxide zip?

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by Morso, Dec 9, 2017.

1. I downloaded oxide, i watched (this) And i dont have all files. i have missing _start-example.bat and .sh all cssharp... I only have rust dedicated_data. do you need anymore them? or something

2. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Those aren’t Oxide files, they are just examples. They are not unique to Oxide. The only part that is Oxide is that folder of modded files and other dependencies.

3. How i install it? but that folder in ftp files?

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Stop the server, download the latest Oxide .zip, extract the .zip, upload via FTP if your host allows else install via their control panel.

5. What if it doesn't do anything?

6. Need help with oxide download i install that for rust server but its not installed :(
    And other guys have the files but i dont have that when i download oxide

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

What you get in the .zip file is all that you need, that's the mod. Everything else is from your server install and setup.

8. Well... only difference is, there's a .bat file in earlier releases.. all of the sudden that stopped shipping with the package, so I have to get another .bat file as an example :p

(i still use the old Rust_Server.zip instead of the SteamCMD tutorials)

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

We stopped including it as it is just an example and is available online, not actually part of the mod. You can still find it in our GitHub repos, but it's not something unique to Oxide.

10. so now whenever I download oxide for rust, the zip file only ever contains the "RustDedicated_Data" file. there is not start_example.bat or anything other than than "RustDedicated_Data" and the "Managed" file full of dlls and a "x64" and "x32" file. what on earth has happened??? i just want to make my modded server for my youtube videos and the download looks nothing like what it has done for the past 2 years of using oxide for my servers!!! if anyone can help, I would be most grateful :) wheres startexamplebat..PNG

11. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

That is the mod, the .bat was just an example.

12. Anyway of getting it back or explain this example please?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1513451580][/DOUBLEPOST]I currently cant create new identitys with correct seeds anymore without the example files

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

14. when I download the oxide it does not come with all the files, it's just the rustdedicated_data folder

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Oxide is just a mod, not the entire server.

16. and because in the videos I saw the download comes a programs together, and with me comes the folder

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The folder contains the modded files and Oxide-related files. Anything else you may have seen in old tutorials is either downloaded automatically, just an example, or not part of Oxide.

18. I do not understand a lot of things, could you help me put this oxide on my server?

19. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If hosting locally, just download and copy it to your server install location and overwrite when prompted. There isn't anything else to it.