Not an Issue Missing files from Oxide zip?

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by Morso, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

RustDedicated_Data you'd see in your server's root location, so you'd you'd just copy or move the files from the Oxide .zip to that same location and overwrite when prompted.

2. then run RunDS.bat? will it create the "plugins" folder and everything when i do this?

3. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The .bat is just used to start the server, it has nothing to do with Oxide. The "plugins" folder is created when Oxide is actually installed and the server is started once with it.

4. what do I do once i have coppied across the RustDedicated_Data folder into Rustds?

5. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Start your server as you normally would. That RustDedicated_Data copying is the only step to install Oxide.

6. so after copying i just run RunDS.bat and it will create the "plugins" folder and everything it usually does?

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

If Oxide is still installed, then yes. Make sure you aren't running SteamCMD inside of that RunDS.bat, as that will uninstall Oxide.

8. can you please reply with an edited version of the attached text document, having taken out the neccissary lines of code?

Attached Files:

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The example I linked would be a working one, which you said you used, but here's the other one without the SteamCMD part.

Attached Files:

10. ok, I'll try the one without the SteamCMD part :)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1514564677][/DOUBLEPOST]
    by the way, the video i linked was from my youtube channel, could you tell the plugin developers that they can uuse my videos for the "overview" pages of their plugins for free if they want to :)