Not an Issue Missing files from Oxide zip?

Discussion in 'Rust Discussion' started by Morso, Dec 9, 2017.

1. would not it have to come with an executable together?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1513892598][/DOUBLEPOST]because I already downloaded it and tried to use it as it was but it did not work

2. Did you get an error? Cause since Rust just updated you now need to wait for the updated Oxide

3. the problem is that plugins do not work

4. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You most likely do not have Oxide installed then. Make sure you aren't running SteamCMD when starting the server.

5. @vinicius_chiquito would you like to join my discord? I could help you out there?

6. I did the same thing with it, but without some files from the oxide

7. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

The only thing different in that video are the .bat and .sh files, but those have nothing to do with Oxide.

8. Dude I'm Brazilian I do not understand everything perfectly if I'm sending something wrong do not be angry haha

Is there a video that teaches me how to download right?

9. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Open your .bat file, remove the SteamCMD line, save and then re-install Oxide and start the server. You're uninstalling Oxide every time you start the server right now most likely. You are downloading it right, you just keep removing it by mistake.

10. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Yes, remove those 4 lines or make a separate .bat with just those for when you want to update Rust. Always make sure to install Oxide after running steamcmd.exe, otherwise it will remove any modifications.

11. Dude, it's giving me an error when I open ... Can you please send me a file ready?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1513894909][/DOUBLEPOST]echo off
    :start

cd steam
    steamcmd.exe +runscript ../update_script.txt
    steamcmd.exe +runscript ../update_script.txt
    cd ..

cd rustds
    RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.ip +server.maxplayers 50 +server.worldsize 3000 +server.saveinterval 600 +rcon.web 1 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password "password" +server.hostname "RustSrver" +server.port 28015 +server.identity "my_server" +server.seed 1234567 -logFile "output.txt" -autoupdate
    cd ../

goto start
    [DOUBLEPOST=1513895273][/DOUBLEPOST]when I leave only these files will not open the server

cd rustds
    RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.ip +server.maxplayers 50 +server.worldsize 3000 +server.saveinterval 600 +rcon.web 1 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.password "password" +server.hostname "RustSrver" +server.port 28015 +server.identity "my_server" +server.seed 1234567 -logFile "output.txt" -autoupdate
    cd ../

goto start

12. aaa now it was, but I do not know where I put the addons

13. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

oxide/plugins - created when you start Oxide with the server once.

14. I can not connect ... look at the error

Screenshot

15. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

Looks like your server is outdated, update. ;)
    1. Update the Rust server with SteamCMD
    2. Download and install the latest Oxide build

16. Can you help me with some things? When I open the server it does everything right, but when it arrives in it it does not go out any more

Screenshot

17. Wulf

Wulf Community Admin

You already have another server or application running on that port (28015), so you'd need to close that (check Task Manager for RustDedicated.exe) and kill it.

18. A well-intentioned advice: since you got alrady that much probllems to set-up only the server itselg with oxide, don't you mean it makes much sense (simply by missing the minimum basic knowlegde) to run a server byself?